First time jitters!!

lovinmommy

Earning My Ears
I am preparing for our very first cruise ever onboard the Dream on Sunday!! I have been extremely excited for the past year, but now I'm getting some pre-cruise jitters...I keep having thoughts that I filled some kind of paperwork out wrong and I'll get there and they won't let me on the ship. Or I'll forget to bring something important. It's ruining my excitement! Am I the only crazy one?? :scared:

No I feel the same way ours is in 11 days. I keep re-reading everything and going trough my head of what all we need to bring with. It stinks to be stressed for a vacation!

Cast Members are very helpful at the Port. If something is filled out wrong they will help you. You probably have everything filled out correct. Don't worry, you will have a wonderful time on your cruise.pixiedust:

I'd say that's normal! I felt the same way before our first cruise in August. I kept thinking: "what if I forget to pack something?" "What if I forget an important tip I read on the Disboards?" On and on. Once we got to the port, it didn't matter.

We had the necessary paperwork and ID to board the ship (I checked my bag at least 6 times before we left to make sure it was all there!) Once we got onboard, none of it mattered. Check the Navigators and just go with what you feel like doing.

We had such a great time that I booked a future cruise onboard.....then came home and booked yet another cruise to take advantage of the awesome military rates.

You will have a great time! Have a fantastic cruise!

Thanks so much everyone!! You've made me feel so much better...I feel the excitement coming back :cheer2:

The only thing that will keep you from getting on the ship is not having a valid passport. Even if you have filled out everything incorrectly leading up to Sunday....that can always be easily corrected at the port. Valid passport is the most important. Anything else that you forget...can always be bought.

The only thing that will keep you from getting on the ship is not having a valid passport. Even if you have filled out everything incorrectly leading up to Sunday....that can always be easily corrected at the port. Valid passport is the most important. Anything else that you forget...can always be bought.

We just recently got the passports, so I guess we should be golden!

That is exactly what I was about to say. As long as you have the ID you need to board the ship, everything else can be fixed in some way.

Seriously....if the airline loses ALL your luggage, DCL actually had a small supply of clothing that they keep in a back room of the shops for such situations. If all your paperwork is incorrect, it can be fixed--as long as your ID matches the reservation name. Almost anything you forget can be obtained or done without.

ENJOY. You'll be fine. Take extra $$$.:rotfl:

Totally not unusual! I'm a veteran of seven DCL cruises having just recently sailed on the Fantasy in September. The week before I sailed I still had a nightmare of not having my passport that I seem to have every time!! I even had a similar nightmare that I got to the port for the Transatlantic out of Barcelona Spain and didn't have my passport having left it at home. Now can't figure how in my dream I managed to get to Barcelona without a passport but these minor technicalities don't matter in nightmares!! :rotfl2:

I am also one that checks my bag for my ID/Passport 2-3 times before I leave the house, as soon as I get in the car, in the car on the way to the airport and before I get out of the car at the airport!! Like it mysteriously disappeared after the first check!! :rolleyes1

Relax!
I was so nervous last year in the port waiting to turn in my paperwork. It took all of a minute or two, everything was fine and we were given our boarding number. Very painless!!!!! I worry about everything.

We are on the same cruise as you Sunday, have a great time!

Relax!
I was so nervous last year in the port waiting to turn in my paperwork. It took all of a minute or two, everything was fine and we were given our boarding number. Very painless!!!!! I worry about everything.

We are on the same cruise as you Sunday, have a great time!

You have a great time too!!! pixiedust:

If you bump into someone checking/re-checking/triple-checking her things, it's me! :rotfl:

I am so scared that I am not going to have enough money when we board the ship. I am just worried about all the little extras that I have either not thought of or don't know about....

I was really concerned about losing stuff. Not just the cruise documents, but all the reservation confirmations and other tickets pre- and post-cruise. It may be a little neurotic, but made me feel a WHOLE lot better, to make up two travel folders. One for me for my backpack (I had everything in order of when I'd need them, etc.) and one for my sister at home. I also scanned a copy to my email (if I had cell service) and my Kindle (if I had no service). We also got the passport cards along with our passport booklets, so we carried the cards with us off the ship in ports, but left our booklets in our cabin, just in case one was lost/stolen/destroyed/whatever. Everything was just fine. DH laughed at me the whole time, but you know, I breathed easier, and enjoyed my vacation without panicking about losing something/missing something, etc.

Totally not unusual! I'm a veteran of seven DCL cruises having just recently sailed on the Fantasy in September. The week before I sailed I still had a nightmare of not having my passport that I seem to have every time!! I even had a similar nightmare that I got to the port for the Transatlantic out of Barcelona Spain and didn't have my passport having left it at home. Now can't figure how in my dream I managed to get to Barcelona without a passport but these minor technicalities don't matter in nightmares!! :rotfl2:

I am also one that checks my bag for my ID/Passport 2-3 times before I leave the house, as soon as I get in the car, in the car on the way to the airport and before I get out of the car at the airport!! Like it mysteriously disappeared after the first check!! :rolleyes1

Did you just write a post about you or was this about me?? :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Once I close the door to the car, I have to look again in my purse to make sure the passports didn't poof themselves back into the house :lmao:

I was really concerned about losing stuff. Not just the cruise documents, but all the reservation confirmations and other tickets pre- and post-cruise. It may be a little neurotic, but made me feel a WHOLE lot better, to make up two travel folders. One for me for my backpack (I had everything in order of when I'd need them, etc.) and one for my sister at home. I also scanned a copy to my email (if I had cell service) and my Kindle (if I had no service). We also got the passport cards along with our passport booklets, so we carried the cards with us off the ship in ports, but left our booklets in our cabin, just in case one was lost/stolen/destroyed/whatever. Everything was just fine. DH laughed at me the whole time, but you know, I breathed easier, and enjoyed my vacation without panicking about losing something/missing something, etc.

I email copies of all of my travel documents to myself and have them in a folder in my email for easy access. These are on our Mac and already loaded and accessible on and off line. We also leave copies for a relative on land of all our credit cards so we don't have to worry while on vacation, if wallet lost, they can call and cancel everything and we won't have to worry about how to make the numerous calls

I am preparing for our very first cruise ever onboard the Dream on Sunday!! I have been extremely excited for the past year, but now I'm getting some pre-cruise jitters...I keep having thoughts that I filled some kind of paperwork out wrong and I'll get there and they won't let me on the ship. Or I'll forget to bring something important. It's ruining my excitement! Am I the only crazy one?? :scared:

Not the only one! I have anxiety dreams for anything that comes up and I've already had a few for the Fantasy. You'd laugh if I had the time to tell them all. Perfectly normal and, as everyone else put it, you'll be fine!

Not the only one! I have anxiety dreams for anything that comes up and I've already had a few for the Fantasy. You'd laugh if I had the time to tell them all. Perfectly normal and, as everyone else put it, you'll be fine!

Thanks! Last night I had the horrible dream that I arrived at the port with nothing! No passports, no driver's license. I don't now how they let me on the plane. But I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! :goodvibes

This!!!!!:scared:

Be sure that everyone signs their passports. many people who get new passports don't know they need to be signed and it can hold up the check-in process.

Nice thing about passports is that when you disembark after the cruise, there is a seperate customs line for those with passports and it moves very quickly. MUCH faster than those who are in the other (Birth Cert./ID) lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter