First Time in DVC Property...

pvalues

Grace
This is almost embarrasing, but since this is our first time staying in a DVC property (we rented points) I need to know what the villa has and doesn't have so we know what to bring/buy.

We are staying in a 2 bedroom lock off savanna view Jambo house next week.

1.) Does the villa already come with papertowels, dishes, dishtowels, silverware, dishsoap, etc.?

2.) What type of toiletries are provided...toilet paper, soaps, shampoo, towels, wash cloths, etc. (We will be bringing our own soaps, shampoo, and toothpaste, but what about toilet paper). - this is the embarrasing part.

3.) Laundry detergent?

I really need help here. We plan on making a stop on the way in at the nearby Super Target, or Publix, and need to know what we should buy (besides some food) prior to checking in.

These boards are so great. Thanks everyone for your experience and expertise.

Dave

1.) Does the villa already come with papertowels, dishes, dishtowels, silverware, dishsoap, etc.?
Yes - see below.

2.) What type of toiletries are provided...toilet paper, soaps, shampoo, towels, wash cloths, etc. (We will be bringing our own soaps, shampoo, and toothpaste, but what about toilet paper). - this is the embarrasing part.
Yes (I don't know about shampoo - maybe). There will be enough towels for the room's capacity.

3.) Laundry detergent?
Only enough for one load. You will need to bring or buy this.

(Items with ** are available upon request.)

IN THE KITCHEN CABINETS

Dinner Plates - 8
Salad Plates - 8
Cereal Bowls - 8
Coffee Mugs - 8
Platter - 1
Vegetable Bowl - 1
Creamer/Sugar Bowl Set
Salad Serving Bowl - 1
Juice Glasses - 8
Water Glasses - 8
Wine Glasses - 8
Pitcher - 1
Colander - 1
Sieve - 1
Cheese Grater - 1
3 Rubbermaid Containers for Storage
Cookie Sheet
Oblong 3 Qt Dish - 1 (13x9)
Serrated Bread Knife
Paring Knife
Roast Slicer
2 Quart Covered Casserole - 1
3 piece Mixing Bowl Set
Plastic Measuring Cups
Plastic Measuring Spoons
Cutting Board

Wastebasket
3 Packets Dishwasher Detergent
Extra Roll of Paper Towels
Fire Extinguisher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER

Wicker Sugar Basket - 1
12-cup Coffee Maker

Small Bottle Dish Detergent
Pot Holders - 2

Dish Towel
Sponge
Toaster
Dish Drainer

Ice Bucket

** Electric Mixer
** Blender

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN THE KITCHEN DRAWERS

Solid Serving Spoons - 2
Serving Fork - 1
Tablespoons - 2
Dinner Forks - 8
Salad Forks - 8
Dinner Knives - 8
Steak Knives - 8
Soup Spoons - 8
Teaspoons - 8
Cutlery Tray - 1
Vegetable Peeler - 1
Bottle Opener/Corkscrew - 1
Set Measuring Spoons
Tongs - 1 plastic for salad, 1 metal
Soup Ladle
Hand Can Opener
Pancake Turner
Slotted Spoon

OTHER ACCESSORIES
Vacuum Cleaner
Iron and Ironing board
Broom
Dust Pan
Brush

Ice Cube Tray in Fridge

Tea Kettle on Stovetop

Broiler Pan in Oven

Cookware Set in Oven Lower Drawer
--1 small skillet
--1 medium skillet
--1 small pan with lid
--1 6 qt. pot with lid

Oh - if you are coffee drinkers, be sure to bring coffee and filters. They don't give you but one set.

Wishing you a magical trip! pixiedust:

Will you have a car? There is a target and a publix less than 10min away from the AKV. We realized we needed coffee and detergent after we got there, we asked the CMs and they were happy to give us directions.

Also, if you are a coffee drinker and prefer a BIG cup in the am, bring your fave mug or plan to get a new one. The mugs the AK were tiny, it took at least 3 cups for me to get my fix each morning ;)

FYI...the coffee filters are the flat bottom, not cones. And, yep, the mugs only hold about 6 oz.

I would also like to mention if you need more dishwasher detergent, then request it from mousekeeping. They are very particular as to what is used in their dishwashers as the powder stuff they give you supposedly extends the life of the dishwashers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter