• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time HHN

momof3girls6712

DIS Veteran
My hubby loves going to HHN and usually goes with his friends. This year he asked me to go along with him. Well I get scared just cause it is dark and I can't even watch like CSI at night without getting scared. But he rarely asks me to do things that I don't like and I love the idea of us having a weekend without kids so I said yes and booked everything. Now that it is getting closer, I am freaking out! We have tickets for Saturday but I am scared already. So the point of this long winded rant, is for the people that have been is it as terrifying as I am imagining and will I be the only one screaming and freaking out? I am worried I am going to be the only one scared out of my mind.

Worst case if you see a screaming mess with a tall husband that has a smile from ear to ear on Saturday stop and say hi!

Btw - thanks for indulging my long post

Yes...you will be the only person there that will freak out and scream!

Just kidding! ;)

The houses are dark and no one outside will hear you scream. As far as walking around goes, try to be brave because if you scream and act scared, they will come after you.

I'll be there Saturday night as well so if I hear a scream, I'll know it's you.
:rotfl:

Don't worry there will be plenty of screaming messes other than yourself! :lmao:

I hope you have a great time!:yay:

Thanks!!!!!! I feel better. In my head it made sense that everyone else goes to be scared so they should be, but I just needed to hear it. I love my hubby, but he has sick twisted taste and loves scary so I couldn't take his word on it. lol

I have never been to HHN either and had a question (didn't want to create another thread) - when does the event actually "start" and how long can I expect to be there if I want to experience everything?

The event "starts" at 6:30 eventually. However, if you do as we've been saying in all the other threads, you'll get to the park much earlier and do Stay and Scream. They let you into the houses much earlier and you can get more of the houses done without a line.

If you want to see everything, you'll need to stay til closing. There are 7 houses, 2 shows and tons of actors in the street that will be roaming around everywhere.

As for being able to handle it, I took my 11 year old last year (then 10). She did alright, but we kept repeating that mantra "Don't let them see you scream". If you are truly frightened, stay as tight lipped as you can....otherwise, like sharks they will feed on you mercilessly.

And no, that is not an endorsement to take your kids. Don't take your kids...they won't like it, it will scar them emotionally...they'll need therapy. My daughter is just special....she love zombie movies and did her own zombie make up last year. This year she's working on a technique to have her eyes bleed....sniff...I'm so proud

i guess some peeps are screamers and some aren't.

i don't scream.
have never been freaked out in the houses or streets.
i usually stand back and grin at them.

i do see/hear some screaming in the house so you won't be the first or last one to do so.

mom6712, you will be fine.
once you get thru the first house, you'll be a pro at the scaring techniques done.

in case you are wondering, in all the years i have done hhn, i have never seen anyone wet their pants from the houses.

just in case you had that thought on your mind........just sayin.......:)

i don't scream.

i do see/hear some screaming in the house so you won't be the first or last one to do so.

once you get thru the first house, you'll be a pro at the scaring techniques done.

in case you are wondering, in all the years i have done hhn, i have never seen anyone wet their pants from the houses.

I have and I took a picture.:lmao:

i don't scream.

I know a lot of scareactors....I've heard of wetting, soiling, and one lady getting the....ummmm...how should I put this....getting scared through her cycle? Ask Colin about that one Raven.

will do !!

guess i have been missing some of the highlights of hhn afterall........:rotfl:

i just thought of something.

we might be scaring mom6712.............:rolleyes1

hopefully, she won't wet her pants or the bed that night. ::yes::
JessicaR will have her camera with her......

The event "starts" at 6:30 eventually. However, if you do as we've been saying in all the other threads, you'll get to the park much earlier and do Stay and Scream. They let you into the houses much earlier and you can get more of the houses done without a line.

If you want to see everything, you'll need to stay til closing. There are 7 houses, 2 shows and tons of actors in the street that will be roaming around everywhere.

As for being able to handle it, I took my 11 year old last year (then 10). She did alright, but we kept repeating that mantra "Don't let them see you scream". If you are truly frightened, stay as tight lipped as you can....otherwise, like sharks they will feed on you mercilessly.

And no, that is not an endorsement to take your kids. Don't take your kids...they won't like it, it will scar them emotionally...they'll need therapy. My daughter is just special....she love zombie movies and did her own zombie make up last year. This year she's working on a technique to have her eyes bleed....sniff...I'm so proud

My 11 year old is highly upset that I'm not taking her this year, TWD is her favorite TV show. I happened to have a convention there last year so rather than the annual anniversary trip with my wife, we took the kids and made it a vacation. She loved it.

I saw a 40ish year old guy dashing out of Dracula, THROUGH THE ENTRANCE of the haunted house. His pants were wet, but could have been anything from a spilled drink to actual pee. :rotfl2:
He was panicking and yelling how he could not go in. He hated vampires...

It was wonderful to watch that scene.. :goodvibes

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

I saw a 40ish year old guy dashing out of Dracula, THROUGH THE ENTRANCE of the haunted house. His pants were wet, but could have been anything from a spilled drink to actual pee. :rotfl2:
He was panicking and yelling how he could not go in. He hated vampires...

It was wonderful to watch that scene.. :goodvibes

Cheers!

Marquibiri :thumbsup2

things like that make me smile..............:laughing:

i just thought of something.

we might be scaring mom6712.............:rolleyes1

hopefully, she won't wet her pants or the bed that night. ::yes::
JessicaR will have her camera with her......

:rotfl::rotfl2:

This might sound odd but it is weirdly reassuring to know that other people have been that scared. I have a big hubby so even if I am scared I don't think I will get bodily functions scared (oooh lord it better not happen). I have already warned the hubby that I might be crawling up him at some point. There is another couple coming with us now so maybe I can hide in between them all and not have to see everything. Since I am short it just might work!

I try hard not to scream or be scared. Heck I practice my look for weeks. LOL Never works, my husband says I have target written on my forehead that only they can see. I still love it though. So much. I had a 37 year old friend with me one year a long time ago and yes she did wet herself. We had been in a 3 D house can't remember what one and it was our first of the night. I think it was 1998, anyway she came running out of there and there were chainsaws outside. Yep got her good. We headed to the restroom and she cleaned up then I walked her to the exit and she spent the rest of the night in the car. She never ever went again.

Quick question -

We rsvp for the annual passholders early entrance at 5pm. What time should we get to the park? I am thinking around 4pm. Also when I rsvp'd it said we could each bring 1 guest. We have friends going that bought a HHN ticket, but they don't have day tickets so do they have to wait to go in with us or can they wait with us?

Is anyone gonna be there on the 30th? Sunday night? I thought it might be nice to see some people while we are there. Sooooo excited to see if it is more insane this year. My only fear is that people are gonna step on my feet. I usually wedge myself in between 2 men. Not because I am scare but because I have almost decked a chick for crawling up my front because she was scared....:crazy2:

Having some liquid courage helps out a lot as well. At least it does for me wife, who's totally freaked out after watching silent hill last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter