First time going to DISNEYLAND!!! Suggestions needed!

MADHATTERGIRL

MADHATTER IN TRAINING=)
Hey guys! I have been to Disney World over 20 times, but never been to Disneyland. I would love to hear some what to do/ not to dos! Also, we have done the Wishes Dessert Party at WDW and we were not sure if Fantasmic or the dessert party was worth going to in DL. Any suggestions or opinions on the matter? Also, we are staying at Grand Californian DVC. What are some tips about the resort? Thanks! :tink:

Hello! I've been to Disneyland 5 times and I just got back from a Disneyland trip on Monday, so I can give you LOTS of tips!

If you're going to buy ears, they have a huge ears hat shop in Fantasyland, so wait until you go there to pick you ears. The shop is called "Mad Hatters".

The Grand Californian has an entrance to California Adventure only for people staying at the resort hotels that drops off at Grizzly River Run.. UTILIZE THE ENTRANCE! Also, The Grand Californian is only about a 5 minute walk through Downtown Disney to get to Disneyland and California Adventure entrances! BTW, Disneyland is way different from Disney World, California Adventure and Disneyland are right across from each other!

Um.. White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian is the main snack place but just like every other snack or restaurant in the parks, it doesn't open until 7, so you'll have to wait to get breakfast if you're going to Magic Morning. SPEAKING OF BREAKFAST, I think it's the same for Grand Californian, I stayed in the Disneyland Hotel, you have to leave the provided menu hanger thingy on your door with your breakfast choice by 12 AM if you want room service in the morning. Weird.. but I was really disappointed in the morning when I couldn't get breakfast so remember that!

I'm sure you know this, but go straight to Cars Land and wait for fastpasses for Radiator Springs Racers when you go to the California Adventure Magic Morning. Also, the line for the fastpasses may seem like it's not moving and that's because.. it's not! They don't let you get fastpasses until the whole park opens at 8, but its worth waiting because once the line starts moving at 8, it only takes about 5-10 minutes to grab some fastpasses.

Um.. if you really enjoy LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern, the Red Apple Freeze at the Cozy Cone Motel is the same thing. TRY THE CHILI CONE QUESO AT THE COZY CONE MOTEL. JUST DO IT.

Toy Story Mania is not as big of a deal as it is at Disney World and has almost no wait in the morning. Um.. check the places that have fastpasses because you'll be surprised at how low the number of attractions that have fastpasses are.

Other than that, HAVE FUN! I've also been to Disney World and Disneyland but I prefer Disneyland, so I hope you love it! :thumbsup2

Don't skip Pirates of the Caribbean just because it is also at Magic Kingdom. It is longer and in my opinion better.

Disneyland has more single rider lines than WDW. USE THEM. http://www.babble.com/babble-voices...s-at-disneyland-resort-and-walt-disney-world/

The monorail has a station at Downtown Disney and inside Tomorrowland

INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE IS INCREDIBLE <3 BEST.DISNEY.RIDE.EVER!

Both resorts are very different and are both awesome in their own ways. Have a magical trip!

Congrats on your upcoming trip! I'm sure it's going to be very exciting. I would say make sure you hit all of the classic rides in Magic Kingdom that aren't at Disney World anymore.

Yay! I hope you have fun with whatever you do! I live in San Diego and go a lot! Every time I go, I make sure to go in the Animation Building at California Adventure. I love to draw so that is a must do for me! Other things I do are meeting the characters. On Main Street there are usually a lot of characters. I just try to go on any rides that don't have any wait. There are so many rides. Disneyland is the best and I hope you have a great time! :-)

Since you've been to WDW so many times you're like a Disney expert haha!:wizard:
But Disneyland is much smaller, so you won't have to worry so much about getting everything done.
I would suggest spending more time on the California Adventure side since the normal Disneyland park is essentially the same as Magic Kingdom, with a few exceptions. The California Adventure side has many different rides that WDW does not - don't forget to ride the famous California Screamin'!
Have fun!!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter