First time for Waterparks

Our kids love Disney Quest, but they like video games!!!! Try it at least once and let your family decide. DH and the older kids went back several times a few evenings, they loved it so much. I wasn't so nuts about some of the motion simulators :sick:

Loved the water parks, and we wish it wouldn't have taken us so long to discover them ourselves!!!

We usually rent a locker for wallets and more valuable things like cameras. Though I did buy a water proof camera that I love now (I highly recommend getting one) and use it all the time at the waterparks (just stays on my wrist on all the rides). Lockers are small $13 and large $15 with a $5 refund when you return the key. Towels are $2.

Buy the Sand Pail (picture below) at either I.C. Expeditions at Blizzard Beach or Happy Landings Ice Cream at Typhoon Lagoon. The best $10 you will ever spend. It puts the Kitchen Sink to shame in our opinion :lmao:

100_0115-1.jpg

I'd love a waterproof camera, what kind do you have?

Is Disney Quest free once you are inside? (I know that you need a ticket to enter)

Has anyone done the swimming with the sharks? Are the sharks really in the water with you? Do they stay away from you? I want to do it but I'm scared to death of sharks. :lmao: But at the same time I LOVE LOVE LOVE snorkeling!!

Thanks for the replies. Great to know about foodquest inside Disneyquest, I hadn't even thought of that.

We always rent a cabana. With all the money spent at Disney, I just don't see it as a big deal. I like Typhoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach. I've had cabanas at TL at both locations. We've had the one up on the right facing the wave pool and we had one in the group that's to the left as you enter the park. I prefer those. There was more shade and since the entire area is either cabanas or rented lounge/umbrellas, there weren't as many people wandering into/next to the cabana.

The kids love the refillable mugs that are included. The cabana furniture is not very comfortable and takes up all of the space within the shack but it provides a nice shady area for those who don't want to be in the water 24-7. The kids could easily find it, we love being able to have lunch ordered and waiting for them when they drop back in!!! And the adult guys in the group really like the full service bar delivery. The runners come around about every 30 minutes.

I took my kindle and read quite a bit and it is nice that I could lock it up quickly when I want to dash out for a dip.

I always rent a pool cabana too. I just think it's one of those things that you really enjoy or you don't.

Subbing.

We are going in June and are getting the WPF&M ticket for the first time. The kids will be 14 and 16. We've decided on Blizzard Beach. DS is excited about DisneyQuest. I was thinking of saving that for later in the week, but I may plan for it earlier so if we like it we can go back some evening since we're staying close to DTD.

We always rent a cabana. With all the money spent at Disney, I just don't see it as a big deal. I like Typhoon Lagoon better than Blizzard Beach. I've had cabanas at TL at both locations. We've had the one up on the right facing the wave pool and we had one in the group that's to the left as you enter the park. I prefer those. There was more shade and since the entire area is either cabanas or rented lounge/umbrellas, there weren't as many people wandering into/next to the cabana.

The kids love the refillable mugs that are included. The cabana furniture is not very comfortable and takes up all of the space within the shack but it provides a nice shady area for those who don't want to be in the water 24-7. The kids could easily find it, we love being able to have lunch ordered and waiting for them when they drop back in!!! And the adult guys in the group really like the full service bar delivery. The runners come around about every 30 minutes.

I took my kindle and read quite a bit and it is nice that I could lock it up quickly when I want to dash out for a dip.

I always rent a pool cabana too. I just think it's one of those things that you really enjoy or you don't.
~I totally agree! Typhoon Lagoon's Beachcomber Shacks (cabanas) are awesome! If you want to splurge the cabanas are the way to go. If you just want to splurge a little, TL also has a reserved seating area for like 50 dollars -- you get two lounge chairs, umbrella, cocktail table, and 2 towels for up to four people. Have fun! :goodvibes

Is Disney Quest free once you are inside? (I know that you need a ticket to enter)

Has anyone done the swimming with the sharks? Are the sharks really in the water with you? Do they stay away from you? I want to do it but I'm scared to death of sharks. :lmao: But at the same time I LOVE LOVE LOVE snorkeling!!

The sharks are small dogfish-type sharks that tend to stay on the bottom of the reef. You won't need to worry about them because you'll be swimming on the surface of the water (you aren't allowed to dive under the water). There are quite a few cool tropical fish to look at, too.

While I think you'll probably enjoy Shark Reef, if you're a really experienced snorkeler (you say you "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snorkeling"!), you might be disappointed. When I did this attraction several years ago, they made you swim pretty much straight across the surface of the water (as I mentioned, no diving under the surface) and didn't let you linger very long. It's not like "free" snorkeling where you can go anywhere you want. This might have changed since I did Shark Reef - anyone have any recent experience there??

ZoZo said:
The sharks are small dogfish-type sharks that tend to stay on the bottom of the reef. You won't need to worry about them because you'll be swimming on the surface of the water (you aren't allowed to dive under the water). There are quite a few cool tropical fish to look at, too.

While I think you'll probably enjoy Shark Reef, if you're a really experienced snorkeler (you say you "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snorkeling"!), you might be disappointed. When I did this attraction several years ago, they made you swim pretty much straight across the surface of the water (as I mentioned, no diving under the surface) and didn't let you linger very long. It's not like "free" snorkeling where you can go anywhere you want. This might have changed since I did Shark Reef - anyone have any recent experience there??

Don't forget that the water is also extremely cold. I like my water in the 90,s but I think this water was something like 68 degrees, I wasn't a fan

Disney Quest is a supercharged arcade.:banana: The virtual reality attractions alone are worth the price of admission. We usually do this on a "chill day" arriving late morning and doing a go thru then leave shop, eat, etc, Then go back in the evening usually closing the place down. We love the build a coaster, the pirate attraction and all the old arcade games. It is great because of the variety of arcade, racing and shooting games can keep you amused for hours. The two waterparks are different in theme but alike in layout. Do not miss swimming with the sharks at Typhoon Lagoon. Have a great trip!!

The games and activities are free once you go inside DQ. They have a roller coaster simulation ride that is a TON of fun...we liked it better than Sum of All Thrills.

Blizzard Beach also has reserved chairs/tables you can rent for about $50 a day. We did it when we went this past August. The area for them is near the wave pool, sort of elevated and roped off. It's covered (shady). However, if it starts to lightening, you have to leave that area. If you are planning on getting there at rope drop, you could just as easily find some loungers in the shade. We spent so little time sitting, I am not sure it was really worth it. I wouldn't rent a cabana for the same reason...we all wanted to be on the slides.

The park was shut down for lightening when we were there...all slides were closed for about 45 minutes. A ton of people left. We moved to one of the regular lounge chair areas and waited out the storm. The lines were really short after that. The ski lift also went down and it's a REAL hike to get up to the slides when that happens.

I have PF, so I can't handle walking around on all the concrete without shoes. I wore my croc flip flops the whole time. On some rides I took them off and looped them over my hands when I went down the slides. If I had water shoes, I would have worn them, but the flip flops were no problem.

The lazy river is wonderful. It loops around most of the park. There are multiple entry points. Tubes sort just float down, so if you go to get into the river and there are no tubes sitting by the steps, just wait a few minutes and some will come drifting by.

The food at BB was the WORST we had at Disney. However, they have some mini donuts that are to die for good. We brought a smaller cooler with snacks and water bottles, at lunch at the quick service place and then had the donuts for dessert.

Awww, I think I will try it. I was hoping to 'linger' a little bit. Because like I said I do LOVE snorkeling. I guess I will need to save up the money for Discovery Cove some time because I hear that they have some cool snorkeling areas. I am not really experienced, I just discovered how much I loved to do it when I went down to FL to visit my Mom two years ago. One of her friends took me snorkeling for the day. We were looking for some Manatees, we did not find any but we found lots of pretty fish. :rotfl:

We were there in May 2012, and it was the same, ZoZo. You just get in and swim across, no lingering. BUT it was still a cool experience. The water is freezing, but you aren't in it for very long. Since it is not an extra cost, I would reccomend it!

Does anyone have a picture of the water park refillable mugs? We are going in June and plan a whole day for the waterparks. First Blizzard Beach, and then when it gets crowded late in the afternoon we plan to take a cab over to Typhoon Lagoon. We love the slides at BB, but the surf pool at TL is so much fun, that we just have to get over there also. We got the Waterpark fun and more option and I verified that we can do both water parks in one day. We also plan to visit Disney Quest for the first time on this trip. Anyone have recnt photos' or experiances with water parks or DQ that would be helpful? My son's are 15 & 7.

We love the water parks! In May of 2011 we rented a cabana (Typhoon Lagoon)...it was a splurge for my bday. I would not hesitate to rent one again. We had our granddaughters (2 & 4) and it was a nice place for them to rest during the day. We had our own locker and cooler stocked with plenty of water. Having the attendant was awesome! Just place your orders for food and drinks and they bring it to you! Nice to not have to stand in line or look for a table.

For us, the cabana was definitely worth it since we had various ages, it was nice to have that central location for everyone to meet up and keep our stuff. It felt very secure and was nice and quiet. DH and I view the water park days as "rest days" We usually spend some time in the wave pool and lazy river, but enjoy our downtime also. The kids can come and go as they please and we're always happy to entertain the little ones or sit with them as they rest, so the cabana was an excellent choice for our family!

Has anyone ever rented the premium lounge chairs at either park, and did you think they were worth it?

I would have loved to have secured a cabana at both TL and BB, but at over $300 per day :scared: its simply not worth the cost.

I was hoping the lounge chair rentals might be an affordable alternative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter