First time do disney - MUST DOS?!

BettyBoo29

Mouseketeer
Me and my boyfriend have two weeks booked to Orlando next September (counting down each day!) I am just wondering if anyone has any tips or must dos whilst there?
Thank you :-)

How much of those two weeks is going to be spent at Disney? Are you staying at a Disney resort?

The answers to those two questions will significantly impact the answers you receive.

That said, regardless of anything else, you need to plan on being in The Magic Kingdom after dark at least one night. See Wishes. Watch the parade. Ride some rides that give you a view of the park lit up (Thunder Mountain, Astro-Orbiter, the People Mover, etc. Walk around the park and absorb it all under lights.

As magical as it is in the daytime, Magic Kingdom is even more so at night.

I would say you guys should definitely plan one night to walk around the world showcase! I love it there, it's so beautiful especially at night! While there, watch Illuminations! If you are over 21, you guys should attempt to drink around the world!

Take the monorail to the Polynesian and grab a dole whip and spend sometime relaxing on the beach :cool1:

Catch Animal Kingdom at rope drop and head straight to safari! My family does this every time and the animals are always very active! then book it to everest grab fastpasses before going in the standby line! After this is done, definitely take sometime to see Finding Nemo the Musical and Festival of the Lion King!

Catch Hollywood Studios during rope drop and book it to Toy Story Midway Mania! The wait time gets extremely lengthy very quickly!

A couple must-dos:

Pirates of the Caribbean

The 3 mountains

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor

The Maelstrom

Misson Space

The Great Movie Ride

Rockn' Roller Coaster

Tower of Terror

Expadition Everest

DINOSAUR

(Will you be able to finish all of this?pixiedust::confused3) -CB age 11.

Don't miss Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain, Small World, Pirates and Electrical Parade/Wishes at MK, Great Movie Ride, Star Tours, Backlot Tour, Indiana Jones, Lights Motors Action and Fantasmic at HS, Spaceship Earth, Living With The Land, Journey Into Imagination, Soarin', Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom and Illuminations at Epcot

It really depends on how many days you plan on spending in the parks and the sorts of things you like to do/eat/ride. I could make a list of my "must do" things, but unless you like the same things I do it might make for a disappointing trip.

Like I wouldn't do Ohana because I'm not that into the characters that appear there and I wouldn't want to take that much out of possible park time for food that isn't *that* spectacular. Obviously people think it's awesome, but it's just not my thing. Neither is Chef Mickey's or 1900 Park Fare. Some of the food on Ohana's menu is also available at Kona Cafe.

Another example is drinking around the world. I'm not THAT into drinking/alcohol so I wouldn't have a fun time if I did that. I'd be miserable considering how much walking involved with that!

If you have a really awesome restaurant back home that does a your favorite cuisine REALLY REALLY WELL, I'd skip that cuisine at WDW unless y'all are favorite food everyday people (which is fine, obviously!). I tend to keep my reservations for things that I can't easily get back home - like Moroccan.

The character meals I do are usually just Garden Grill for the awesome Chip 'n' Dale interaction and Cape May for breakfast because Donald is there and he's a favorite. Character meals are the BEST if you really want some time to interact with your favorite characters. Don't feel obligated to go to ones that don't have characters you really really like - especially if the food doesn't seem that appealing.

In September, the crowds are very manageable as everyone is back at school and most families don't pull their kids out THAT early in the year. You shouldn't have a problem fitting in what you want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter