First Time Disney Goer!

MamaT_3

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! I have always wanted to go to Disney World and I think we are finally going to do it next year. It will be myself, my husband and our 5 year old daughter. My husband has been when he was a kid, but our daughter and I have never been. Where do I start??? The hotel prices seem very reasonable (Looking at the All Star Music resort) but the ticket prices are crazy! $900 for 3 people/3 days?? Yikes! What is the best way to cut costs?

We are looking at traveling March 5th through March 9th, or May 23rd through May 27th. Any advice would be great!

Well, that time during march tends to be very expensive (think spring-break). So I would actually suggest going in May! I usually travel the last week in august, as the crowds are lower, and it's less expensive. But something to think about are actually getting 2 day tickets, instead of 3 day tickets and actually spend a day enjoying your hotel's pool and activities that they offer, and then at night go to Disney Springs, which is absolutely free. There you can watch street performances, looking at all kinds of specialty shops, there are many photo opportunities, and tons of litter rides I'm sure she'll get a kick out of! And if you cut down the tickets to 2 days, pick your favorite parks, or add the park hopper option so you can visit multiple parks in one day!

There are also many ways you can cut down cost in food, and souvenirs. There are tons of free things to get and do!

I think we've decided to go in May instead. And we're going to stay longer. The package prices don't increase much at all between 4 days and 6 days.

I think that's a smart move to increase your days! 5 is a perfect age! So many great rides for that age. Story Time with Belle is awesome! I know lots of people like the Magic Express but we like having our own car. It gives us flexibility. I have never stayed at the values but our favorite hotel is POR or POFQ for Moderates. Of course if you want to splurge there's the Grand Floridian. There's so much to do at Disney! You don't have to do it all in one trip. We like staying near Magic Kingdom. I'd say that's your best choice with a 5 year old! Have fun planning!

Im also going in may and we are saying at all stars!

may is much better then march. its not as busy and its less expensive. First things first i always do the hotels first! find the cheapest ones. I go to undercover tourist to get my tickets. Its not a big discount like 5-10$ off the gate price. but its still something. I know their are "free" tickets to disney if you sit through a 2 hour lecture about why you should buy a vacation plan. all those are off property. I find it just better to buy the tickets.

the next thing i do it plan out my days. what parks to hit when! if your staying on property you get EMH (extra magic hours) i always plan on going to the park that has EMH. if you are worried about money i would say stop at a target and pick up snacks and quick breakfast everyday. it will cut down on your time.

when your with a young girl like 5 years old its going to be really bad to wait in the lines. I suggest getting your FPS ASAP for the princesses. (ANNA and ELSA)

I hope this helped you! have a good trip and if you are going in may shoot me a message we can meet up!

Thanks so much! I'm REALLY getting in to the planning now. We're 95% decided that we're going to do Pop Century from May 23 through May 30 (which means my 31st birthday at Disney!!!) Staying this length over our original plan of 4 days really doesn't increase the cost much, so we might as well just spend the money and make it worth while.

I'm going through each park and making a list of the "must see" attractions, shows, and dining that I don't want to miss. Once I get that all planned out, I'll start figuring out our fast passes.

Thanks so much! I'm REALLY getting in to the planning now. We're 95% decided that we're going to do Pop Century from May 23 through May 30 (which means my 31st birthday at Disney!!!) Staying this length over our original plan of 4 days really doesn't increase the cost much, so we might as well just spend the money and make it worth while.

I'm going through each park and making a list of the "must see" attractions, shows, and dining that I don't want to miss. Once I get that all planned out, I'll start figuring out our fast passes.

when is your birthday? mine is the 30th!

Mine is the 28th. Do you know if you get any perks being there on your birthday?

Mine is the 28th. Do you know if you get any perks being there on your birthday?

make sure to go get a happy birthday button... they are every where!!! everyone wishes you a happy birthday and the characters do too. other then that I'm not to sure i have never been there for my birthday

I think we've decided to go in May instead. And we're going to stay longer. The package prices don't increase much at all between 4 days and 6 days.

This! Exactly! If you can get away for longer, it's definitely worth it because the package prices are seriously close in price. There is so much to do and see, it's nice to be able to go back to a park (especially MK) to catch the things you didn't catch the first day you were there and to re-do favorites.

This! Exactly! If you can get away for longer, it's definitely worth it because the package prices are seriously close in price. There is so much to do and see, it's nice to be able to go back to a park (especially MK) to catch the things you didn't catch the first day you were there and to re-do favorites.

Its true I love going to magic 2 or maybe 3 times in one trip

Especially with a child that age....perfect! DS17 could have skipped the 4 times we went to MK, but he was a good sport. DS 7 and DD8, on the other hand....

its true. I don't have kids of my own... (Yet) but I have friends who have brought kids to the park and they always say that they have to go home half way through the day for them to take a nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter