First time Disney-er :D

La Tomate

Mouseketeer
... and post!!!

We're heading down from SWO via Buffalo at the end of September... JUST outside of the Dining plan freebie - but - JUST in time for my DD's 5th birthday. princess:

My Mum is flying in from Manchester to Sanford to join us.
- anyone recommend a taxi/limo service to ferry her from the airport and back from the Art of Animation resort?

I think we have all other bases covered, flights booked, we're on the Quick Service Dining plan - but I've made ADRs for 2 nights for DD's birthday princess: - was HOPING to get Be Our Guest, but have "settled" for Crystal Palace, and Akershus.
:P

I'm thinking of buying a 25 pack of pins from eBay for trading, and we'll DEFO be getting the autograph book - there's one with a spot for photos, correct?

Anything else I may have forgotten about?

Cheers!!!

First things first, Welcome to Disboards!
What is the day you're going down? I believe that if you arrive on the dinning plan day, than you get it for your whole trip. At least that's what it was last year.
The Magical Express is free and will bus to and from the airport to the resorts.
I haven't been to Be Our Guest yet (hoping to get it for my December trip) but Crystal Palace is really good. Be Our Guest is also a quick service for lunch and breakfast, so you can still stop by and get a quick meal there during the day to see how it looks etc. It's not as good, but it's something!
I also really enjoyed Akershus, if not just for the great character interaction (though I was very fond of their meatballs)
Yes, you can get an autograph book, I don't what what it's called, but one side has a place for a photo, and the other side is for the autograph.

Have you checked crowd levels to see which park will be busiest?

You seem to have most things down. Have fun on your trip!

:welcome:

You can keep checking online for a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. It's the hardest res to get right now, but some people have gotten reservations less than 180 days out. If you can't get a dinner res, you can try lunch there. It is a counter service at lunch so no reservations accepted. Entrees are different from dinner, but desserts are the same. You'll be able to see all the rooms once inside. One main difference is at dinner there is a photo op with the Beast which isn't available at lunch.

As far as transportation from Sanford. You won't be able to use Magical Express because that only goes between MCO and DW. Here's a link to the Transportation Board where you could ask about getting to AoA from Sanford:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=16

Thanks all for the welcome and tips!!!
We are pretty excited!!! First trip, first big holiday ever (we're tent campers normally.... so the idea of hotels, buses, not cooking food on a fire... it'll all be new!!!).... plus DD's birthday?!?!?!?!?! *sqqquuueeeeeeeee*

Here's one you may have missed:

Keep an eye on this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003279&page=148

When September opens up, make reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. Reservations are limited, so you really have to snap them up when your month opens, and it's very hard to predict when that will be.

But it's delightful!!! You have a seat in front of the castle for Wishes, and Tinkerbell flies literally right over your head!! The desserts are lovely, the bathrooms are accessible, and it's just such a nice night!!

Thanks!!! I hadn't even heard of this, so thanks for the heads-up! I will definitely check this out! Tinkerbell, treats, and fireworks?!?! :-D hehehe.

file.php

Welcome to disboards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter