• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time Disney Crusier..PLEASE HELP :)

TheBrooks4

Earning My Ears
We are headed on our first Cruise on the Wonder, April 22nd. I'm new to the boards, and trying to figure everything out. If anyone can help with any of the questions I have please respond :)
1. How many bags can you carry on? Can you carry wine, like on Carnival?
2. What is the Fish Extenders, and how do you join in?
3. Please explain the door decorating? Does everyone do this?
4. I have a 5 and 2 year old, my 2 year old is potty trained, so i'm wondering if she can do the regular child care w/o the fee, but if so, what is the actual child care fee?

I know I will have many more questions, but if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it :)

I can't answer them all, but I'll help where I can ....
1) I think it's as many as you can lug around until your room is ready. We had 3 for the 5 of us last time. Rooms are ready about 1:30PM.
1a) yes. you can bring ANY beverage you want on board (beer wine liquor water) for consumption in your stateroom. Bringing it to dinner may result in a corkage charge.
2) it is a "gift exchange" if you will between rooms. Look for a thread referring to the date you are sailing in the cruise meet thread and you should see it there.
3) not everyone, but a good number of us do. browse around the board here and you'll see lots of designs. Print them off and attach to magnets (or magnetic paper) and put them on your door. Don't use tape or other stuff since it will damage the doors.

I can't answer them all, but I'll help where I can ....
1) I think it's as many as you can lug around until your room is ready. We had 3 for the 5 of us last time. Rooms are ready about 1:30PM.
1a) yes. you can bring ANY beverage you want on board (beer wine liquor water) for consumption in your stateroom. Bringing it to dinner may result in a corkage charge.
2) it is a "gift exchange" if you will between rooms. Look for a thread referring to the date you are sailing in the cruise meet thread and you should see it there.
3) not everyone, but a good number of us do. browse around the board here and you'll see lots of designs. Print them off and attach to magnets (or magnetic paper) and put them on your door. Don't use tape or other stuff since it will damage the doors.

Beat me to it:thumbsup2
Good answers, all I can think of to add..
They will send you luggage tags for 2 bags per person but you can get extra luggage tags from the porters when you drop off your luggage at the port before checking in.
Any beverages have to be in your carryons in a bag that is sized to fit through their scanners (no ice).
Like in above post, check on your meet thread for info about the FE exchange.
You might want to pack bathing suits in your carryons so the kids can use the pool before the cabin is ready.
I don't think they let children under 3 check into the kids club/lab, but you can stay with her so she can play there. I don't recall the fee for the nursery, but I think it was around $5-6 per hour:confused3

4. I have a 5 and 2 year old, my 2 year old is potty trained, so i'm wondering if she can do the regular child care w/o the fee, but if so, what is the actual child care fee?

If your 2-yr-old is close to her 3rd birthday, they MAY allow her into the Club/Lab. It will depend on the number of kids on your particular cruise whether they have room for her and if they feel she will fit well into that setting. You can take her to the open house on embarkation day to have the CMs watch her. However, if she isn't close to her 3rd birthday - the answer is likely "no" regardless of other issues.

Childcare in the nursery is $6 per hour. You can book a limited number of hours in advance, then if you desire more you can ask onboard. Remember, your 2-yr-old was charged a minimal fare compared to children old enough for the Club/Lab.

Enjoy your cruise!

We are on this cruise too! I keep waiting for a Meet thread - we have a little conversation going on on the Roll Call forum, but nothing official.

I think we will do some door decorating - one thing is it will help our kids find our cabin! They are 10 & 12 so might be running around on their own a bit and all those doors start to look alike!;)

Counting the days!!

jen

Lane_Judy- Thank you for the info about the nursery :) Our TA said they may consider because she is potty trained and her 5 year old brother will be with her. Won't be 3 until October.

They might let your 2 YO into the club, BUT---the kids in there play a little rough because they will all be older.

When my shy just-turned 3YO was in there (also on the Wonder), she ended up not liking it b/c a group was running up and down the stairs/slide area and she felt like she was going to get knocked over. They have a computer area for "quiet" play w/crafts, toys and books, but just keep in mind that it may be an issue depending on the kids in your cruise.

They do not have an area separating the kids by age. Most of the older older kids will be in the Lab, but sometimes ALL the kids will be in the Lab or ALL the kids will be in the Club depending on the activities schedule. She might not have much to do if they end up in the Lab (its all computers, and 1 crafts table).

And no, the other CMs will not tell those kids to stop running since Peter Pan is leading the running during scheduled visits. (They reenact the whole Lost Boys thing). When he's not there, the kids usually run by themselves.

We just got back from the Wonder.

We brought small bottles of water, a large apple juice, small cans of CokeZero, a bottle of rum, a box of wine and cans of beer in our carry-ons. The kids had the non-alcoholic drinks in theirs.

Just make sure the carry-ons are within the dimensions required by DCL. Other than that, whatever you can lift.

If you bring insulated mugs, you can put some alcohol in them to be mixed with the free sodas and juices, or fill it with wine while you lounge on Deck 9 (pools).

There is no fridge in the room, unless you have a medical need. What's in there is really a cooler in the shape of a small fridge with front door. However, if you ask your stateroom host to bring you a bucket of ice everyday, it essentially keeps everything cold in there like a fridge.

Bottled water/juice comes in handy for the excursions.
Soda pop when you order room service.
Alcohol is mainly for the room or your insulated mug. You could, but we didn't bring them into the restaurants, just Deck 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter