First Time Disney Cruisers!!!

pjzkent

Mouseketeer
We booked the DVC Fantasy deal for our first Disney Cruise. My husband and I did a cruise way back in our early married days, but 3 kids hasn't been the ideal budget situation to try to cruise with until now!!! I had already requested time off from work for the time period and the offer came along, so the stars must have been aligned for us :)

We are waiting for our passports to arrive. If I do online check in without them, can I go back and modify my online check in to add them in? I am worried about port arrival time assignments and being stuck in the last group even though we will be at Cape Canaveral the day before.

We are so excited and we only have about 6 weeks to figure everything out. We booked the Itinerary A and I have gleaned a little bit of info so far, but there is so much info to sort through and compile.

I found the dining rotations to be

AERAERA, ERAERAE or RAERAER with

Day 1: Cruise Casual
Day 2: Formal
Day 3: Cruise Casual
Day 4: Pirate Night/Cruise Casual
Day 5: Cruise Casual
Day 6: Semi Formal
Day 7: Cruise Casual

for the dressing plans.

We are assigned second seating which is fine, I have a 10 yo, and 8 yo twins. Is there a best guess for what our dining rotation will end up being? Palo reservations are almost non-existent online now, definitely don't want to miss the AP show.

Picked up lots of great tips--especially the clothes pins, we use the shoe organizer already when we travel. I have some sweater hanger organizers that I picked up in the dollar spot at Target that work great for corralling the kids outfits in the closet.

Thinking about venturing out on our own instead of booking many of the excursions as the 10 yo adult price tag is :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Any suggestions for day trips? Renting a car is ok with me, just tryng to figure out the best use of time and $$ (and of course making it back on the boat before it leaves the port) :rotfl:

Any suggestions for day trips? Renting a car is ok with me, just tryng to figure out the best use of time and $$ (and of course making it back on the boat before it leaves the port) :rotfl:

Animators Palette show will be days 5,6 or 7 depending on your Dining Reservation.

Go straight to Royal Court when you get on - There is someone there taking dining reservations for PALO - Avoid days 5, 6 and 7 as above (also I would miss day 4 as it is pirate night.

MAKE SURE you have your camera with you on night 7 - The characters are out doing meet and greet but no on board photographers so the lines are short and you get a free picture.

What is itinerary A? Western Caribbean? I hire a jeep in Cozumel and drove around the island - It was great fun visits the ruins (actually don't expect too much from the ruins, there aren't as spectacular as the main land) but careful you don't get sun burnt. Not sure where else the DCL Western goes, Grand Cayman? Go to hell! Ha ha. I hired a car to do this also - Make sure you send a postcard wishing people where here! If it's eastern then do Maho Beach at St Maarten - I hired a car there also and drove around the island - Found parts of the french side much nicer. St Thomas, not a lot I can say about that - If I visit there again I will likely stay on board - If you go ashore, take the Skyride, BUT ONLY IN THE PM, as the AM is BUSY!

Go and find Pepe the King Prawn's room on Deck 5 - It's near the Kids Clubs. Do the Muppett's 'Mid Ship Detective Agency' as it's unique to Fantasy - You can register when the booths are open but you can complete the task at any time of day including the early hours when the ship is empty (and such a wonderful place).

If you want a short queue for Aquaduck, stay on board at Castaway until most people have got off and ride it - It did shut for an hour or so on the day I was there so check your Navigator for timings. Apparently the on-ride photography is only operational on Sunday and Monday (I have no idea if this was just a glitch on my cruise or if this is the case every cruise). Take your Key to the world with you when you ride and swipe it before getting in the raft.

Horn sounds at midday each day, so if you want to ensure you hear it, be on deck. I'm not sure if it is done each cruise, but 9:30 on Castaway day the Captain played them all back to back.

I hope you find these useful - Enjoy your trip!

We did a Western A and our dining rotation was not one you posted....

Ours was early dining and ERAERRA.....

just FYI

We did a Western A and our dining rotation was not one you posted....

Ours was early dining and ERAERRA.....

just FYI
I assume you weren't on Fantasy as the rotation the OP stated is now the rotation on Fantasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter