First time DCL--Just back from Fantasy 6/30

In reference to the Bonine ..... In reading all the labels it seems a kid's dosage is half of an adult's. I checked with out ped for DS 9 and she said 1/2 a Bonine would be fine.

LOL... Our kid's code is also the garage door code!

I have the supplies for matching tie die for my crew. I'd love any tips! I want us to wear them for embarkation in just a few weeks so we look good in the pic!

I forgot they needed to be wet before I tied them, so I wet them once they were all bundled up, so the color is weird on a couple of them. Overall they were enough alike to get the sense of what I was doing.

A couple of times on the drive over to PC the toll booth attendants even commented about us being dressed alike. It definitely made it easier to keep an eye on everyone though!

Thanks for the tie dye tip. I haven't done it in years. I need to just do it and stop being all scared of it!

Thanks for joining in!

It looks like you are headed on the same itinerary, the day we come back from our next WDW trip :)

Yeah, I'm doing an Eastern Caribbean (Itinerary A) in Oct. I can't wait!!! I am soooooo excited

Howdy neighbor :wave2: Can't wait to hear more.

Jill in CO

What part of Denver, Jill? I always get a kick out of meeting people that are Disney fans like us.

One of my coworkers is about 25 and in college, and his parents are DVC members. He totally gets my DVC love......

We are down south in Parker.

First stop our room.

We were lucky enough to end up booking a 4B room, on deck 8, 8624. I was having some difficulty visualizing what 275 square feet would look like, but it was actually very well designed, and there was a lot of storage. We had to open every door and the check out the verandah. I wasn't really planning to write a TR so I didn't take a lot of pictures, but thery are all stored in my brain :)

The sheer volume of luggage being loaded was amazing!

IMAG0872.jpg

It's now about 2:30 and of course the kids are hungry (go figure), so off to Cabanas we go, with what seemed like everyone else on board.

I think this is the point that the kids finally got what we were talking about with food. What seemed like miles of choices and all you can eat!

DS 8 after his 2nd lunch of the day.

I was impressed with the presence of the hand wipe distributors at every entrance, norovirus was probably my biggest worry about the whole trip. 5 people and one bathroom.......Did you know the CDC has a whole section on cruise ship illness? I work in a hospital so it is a lot of the same concepts, but the boat doesn't have hand foam outside of every door ::yes:: (Sorry, that was what we call a squirrel at my house). I'll get back on track.

IMAG0877-1.jpg

After our tummies were full, we wandered around looking for La Piazza, I wanted to book some of the grown up activities since we had a week of free babysitting coming up, we finally found it, and much to the kids delight, there was something for them to try out too!

IMAG0885.jpg

and then the whole family

IMAG0886.jpg

We booked a martini tasting because that was the only thing available by the time we got there, and we ended up cancelling about 2 days later because there were some other things we wanted to to instead. We also found our way to Palo. I had booked Palo dinner for one night before our trip, but nothing else was available. We were put on the waitlist for brunch, because we waited pretty long to go ask for that.

We went back to our stateroom. It was almost time for the lifeboat drill, so we headed down and pretty much walked the entire deck looking for our station. It was still about 100 degrees and 100% humidity, and we were one of the first groups to arrive. The CM's check you in on their computer. Little did we know how long we would be standing there waiting for all the late arrivals :mad:

Might have waited a little while longer to show up, or at least brought something to drink.....

The poor CMs are all wrapped up in their life vests and had to have been miserable. Finally the drill gets going, and then we are ready to depart!

The boys wanted to hit the pool, and our bags had been delivered while we were gone, and I was itching to unpack it all so I could start my vacation. :lmao:

DD 8 is a big momma's girl and wanted to stay with me. She promptly turned on the TV and figured out the On Demand. Of course, I'm rolling my eyes and thinking, I paid how much for her to drool in front of the TV ?!?!?!

The boys went off to the pool, and I started on suitcase #1 of 7. Amazingly enough, I found pretty much a place for everything.

It took about an 30-45 minutes to unpack, and DD was looking through the stuff on the desk and found the room service menu.

I asked if she wanted to get a snack and she said " I want a Mickey Bar". I told her to call and order it, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I told her how to call and what to ask for and to say please and thank you. She picks up the phone and calls room service.

I loved that they just took her order and said it would arrive in 30 minutes. It took all of 10 minutes I think, and she was on the first of what seemed like 4000 Mickey Bars consumed by my kids......

IMAG0381.jpg

I had read on the Dis that the first night show wasn't all that great so we skipped it, and headed up to the pool. We got there right about 5:30 and the wait was a whopping 15 minutes :woohoo:

We skipped the sailaway party, so I don't really have any info on that.

The kids discovered the drink stations and were really excited about the "free" soda!

BTW, on one of the tip threads we read about bringing a drink carrier from a fast food place with you. I got one from Sonic at home and had it in our luggage. The Sonic in Cocoa Beach had a really nice heavy duty cardboard one though, so we kept it too. We had brought our own freezer gel cups with lids, but to tell the truth, not once did we use the drink carrier :rotfl2:

Our next stop was EG for dinner. I apologize, I have piddled so long on writing this I do not remember what the rotation menu was. The kids weren't thrilled about changing clothes for dinner, but I think it is important for them to understand that sometimes dressing up a bit is necessary. I don't want to start a debate on dress code, but I was in it for the whole experience, not just the parts we wanted to do....But here's the thing,. DS 8 had to put on cargo pants, DS 10 put on jeans, DD 8 wanted to wear a skirt. This was not in any way taxing to them :)

Our waiter was Stanislav who reminded me of a younger version on Martin Short, and Carly was our beverage server. Stanislav was from Bulgaria and Carly was from the UK.

I knew EG had some type of show, but the kids caught on to the "sunset" before DH and I did. One of the kids says "Wouldn't it be cool if the lights opened up?", and all of a sudden, they did!

The kids ordered Shirley Temples with extra cherries, and of course received it! DS 8 is lactose intolerant, and Stanislav asked what he needed as far as special preparation. We told him he had a tablet to take so dairy was ok and to not worry about it too much.

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. My only complaint is that we were seated on the side of the dining room next to the window, and being in the middle of all the action might have been more to my taste. It's been a while since we have been to 1900 Park Fare at the GF, but the theme felt similar.

What part of Denver, Jill? I always get a kick out of meeting people that are Disney fans like us.

One of my coworkers is about 25 and in college, and his parents are DVC members. He totally gets my DVC love......

We are down south in Parker.

I live at i-25 and Yale in University Hills and work in the DTC. I used to live at Arapahoe and Parker. :)

Jill in CO

After dinner, we decided it was off to bed, we had a really long day, and needed to get some rest.

For some reason I don't have a picture, but the towel animal was a lobster. It took a little while for the kids to settle in, but we finally all drifted off to sleep.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise! We are taking our first cruise ever in May! I am excited to hear about your rental car experience as this is what we are thinking of doing as well.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your cruise! We are taking our first cruise ever in May! I am excited to hear about your rental car experience as this is what we are thinking of doing as well.

The idea of paying Disney $300 to put us on a bus was :eek: and even with some of the hassles, it was definitely worth saving some $$$ and being able to pick some things up along the way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter