• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time Cruiser.....

SCSL

Earning My Ears
Just booked our first Disney Cruise (to be March 2016 on Disney Wonder) and we are all so excited about this upcoming trip :donald:. Wonder if I can get some of my questions answered here...

1) Can we bring our own snack onboard?
2) Can we bring our own bottled water?
3) We are sailing to Grand Cayman... any suggested excursion (we will be travelling with our 3 years old boy)?

THANKS a millionsssssssssssssss!!

I don't think you will need snacks really. You can get snacks, order room service, food and drink is readily available as far as I know.
Don't quote me but I'm like 85% sure you can bring water on board.
I haven't been to GC but traveling with a youngster I would keep any excursion short.

Just booked our first Disney Cruise (to be March 2016 on Disney Wonder) and we are all so excited about this upcoming trip :donald:. Wonder if I can get some of my questions answered here...

1) Can we bring our own snack onboard?
2) Can we bring our own bottled water?
3) We are sailing to Grand Cayman... any suggested excursion (we will be travelling with our 3 years old boy)?

THANKS a millionsssssssssssssss!!
1) Yes, but no need really. There's plenty of food onboard.
2) Yes, but no need really. The water onboard (all water, whether used for making ice, preparing food, in the shower, etc) is processed the same as most bottled waters (reverse osmosis and filtered). One note, if you do bring beverages onboard, they must be in your carry on bag, not checked.
3) Turtle Farm is nice.

You can bring your own snacks but they must be prepackaged nothing perishable, nothing homemade. Just remember there is a ton of food available on the ship.
You can bring your own water but it must be carried on and not checked in your bags.

Yes, you can bring your own snack onboard but it has to be an unopened factory sealed one.

Yes, I believe you can bring water on board with you but think it's now limited to a six pack size. Someone please correct if
that is wrong. Should not be packed in checked luggage. However, the onboard water is very good so you might want to save yourself some $.

Yes, you can bring your own snack onboard but it has to be an unopened factory sealed one.

Yes, I believe you can bring water on board with you but think it's now limited to a six pack size. Someone please correct if
that is wrong. Should not be packed in checked luggage. However, the onboard water is very good so you might want to save yourself some $.
Except for wine/champagne & beer, the only limits are - no hard liquor. You can bring whatever amounts of sodas and water that you wish.

I disagree about the water, my family REALLY doesnt like the water.

Everything else I agree with above posts....

Just stop by a Costco and grab a case of water. Then shove what can fit in your wheeled carry-on's.

:welcome:

Grand Cayman, imnsho, is a toughie for a little one. Maybe just the beach? Or stay on ship and enjoy the relatively quiet pool. Your little one won't know if he's missing anything on Grand Cayman nor will he care.
If I am ever there again, I won't get off the ship again either

remember that whatever food you bring on the ship - you have to leave behind when you leave the ship.

We stayed in condo for a few days before our cruise, so we had some snacks we really did not want to leave in the car while gone. Mostly, it was just some small candy bars and a few Sara Lee snack cakes and maybe one small can of Pringles. We had no problem taking them on in our carry on, plus they were great to have when I just wanted a quick one bit item.

In fact, if you do want some type of candy bar, this is something I would suggest you do bring on as you have to pay for them on the cruise ship.

Thanks everyone. My 3 years old loves some specific snack once in awhile and so, I am thinking of bringing a little just in case.

Thanks for the suggestion of the turtle farm. Does anyone try the semi-submarine tour? Is that any good?

1. Don't need snacks- so much food on the ship.
2. We like to bring a case of water which we buy when we arrive in the area and place the water in our rolling carry-on luggage to carry on the ship. We also bring a couple of bottles of wine.
3. Grand Cayman-- being doing research since we'll be going there too. I heard great things about the turtle farm and stingray city. We are also considering of just having a beach day

For the main/second seating dinner option, is that only applicable to dinner? I read another thread that there is "assigned time" for breakfast as well. Is that true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter