First time cruiser home from Disney Dream.. My thoughts and advice

Rose M Pagel

Earning My Ears
Like many of you I did my research, I joined a fish extender, which is a must We decorated our door, I had an early embarkment time and booked all my excursions early. We had an amazing trip, however even with all the blogs, advice boards, etc there were things I wish I would have known.

1. The DECKS are VERY HOT. It is impossible to walk from one pool to the next without shoes on, and to wait in line for the Aqua Duct without shoes on. Flip flops are great but shoes that you can get wet/ and that will stay on while going on the Aqua Duct are a must.

2. Do not kill yourself or spend tons of money on water bottles, I got all the kids nice water bottles, they were NEVER used.

3. Do buy the drink of the day on the first day, and keep your glass, from then on out you get a discount on the drink.

4. SEE the SHOWS

5. We are a family of five and the room is more than big enough with plenty of storage for luggage etc.

6. The kids clubs are very crowded.

Hello! I'm actually going on my first Disney Dream cruise in September (YAY)! Out of curiosity, did you snorkel on Castaway Cay? If so, did you bring your own equipment or rent? I'm thinking of bringing my own mask and snorkel but am wondering if there's a discount on renting just fins... I've heard so many conflicting answers and was hoping for something recent! Thanks!!

The DECKS are VERY HOT. It is impossible to walk from one pool to the next without shoes on, and to wait in line for the Aqua Duct without shoes on. Flip flops are great but shoes that you can get wet/ and that will stay on while going on the Aqua Duct are a must.
This must vary by season, because you cruised in summer & had this problem. We cruised over New Years & although it was always warm, the decks were never hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter