• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time checking in, what to book first

Alicatt

DIS Veteran
Hi cruise gurus!
I am almost at 75 days! I need advice on what order to book things in at midnight. These are the things I am looking to book:
1. Obviously my PAT
2. Palo brunch
3. Princess gathering
4. BBB for pirates night
5. Castaway cay extreme package 6. stingray portion
6. Castaway cay jetski tour

I just don't know what gets grabbed first, etc.
Thanks again! I'm so excited to finally be doing it!

Looks ok to me, as it appears you have balanced what you want to do with what might be more difficult to book. I would consider moving BBB pirates night ahead of princess gathering. everyone wants a pirate make over. happy cruisinG!

FYI: you have to fill out all the info in order. If you don't have some of the info (such as passports) just put in fake info and come back later and correct it.
IMG_0164.PNG

And if you can't get certain excursions for all the people you want, try a smaller number, and keep going down until it will take it. That way, you will get some of what you need right away. Then, check back every few days to try to get the rest. People cancel things all the time, so you are likely to eventually get all the tickets you want. And in a worst case, if you get to 4 days before your trip and you still don't have enough, you can cancel them all then and make someone else happy.

Do you have to print the port arrival form before you can move on or can you go back and print it later? I ask because I am not currently hooked up to a printer.

There's a new procedure for the online check in - note the "Signature Form" option is now "Port Arrival Form". You no longer print out signature pages.
View attachment 233163

This threw me last week when I went on to print out our signed forms. I thought I was doing something wrong.
Then when I looked in our cruise book and didn't see the forms they use to put in there I figured they changed it up.

So I have to fill out all the check in info before I can book meet and greets/excursions?

For the check in:
Guest Information - Name, address, DOB etc
ID - Passport #s
Pre-Post Cruise - what is this for? If you need flights/transportation through Disney?
Onboard account - Either Credit Card or choosing cash account right?
Port arrival time - What's the earliest and what's the latest times we can choose. I assume we can pick half hour intervals in between?

So I have to fill out all the check in info before I can book meet and greets/excursions?

For the check in:
Guest Information - Name, address, DOB etc
ID - Passport #s
Pre-Post Cruise - what is this for? If you need flights/transportation through Disney?
Onboard account - Either Credit Card or choosing cash account right?
Port arrival time - What's the earliest and what's the latest times we can choose. I assume we can pick half hour intervals in between?
No. You don't have to fill out the whole check in before booking activities.

There are two options with your window(s) open. You can do the online check in first. Or you can book activities first.

To book activities/excursions you must be paid in full. To do online check in you don't have to be paid in full.

To access the Port Arrival Time page, all other information must be filled in on the previous pages. Now, that information could be correct, or gibberish, the system only recognizes that SOMETHING has been entered. In order to quickly move through the check in process to get to the PAT page, you can just put that you are arriving by private transportation (don't have to fill out flight information). And enter that you're doing a cash account (don't have to enter credit card info). Generally the earliest PAT is 10:30 (but can be 10:45) with 15 or 30 minute windows all the way up to around 3:30.

If a specific window (10:30-10:45, for example) is full, it will be grayed out and you will not be able to select it.

Once you've gotten your PAT, you can go back at any time up to 3 days prior to the cruise to correct any errors.

Pre/Post cruise info is so they know if you might be needing DCL/Magical Express transportation.

No. You don't have to fill out the whole check in before booking activities.

There are two options with your window(s) open. You can do the online check in first. Or you can book activities first.

To book activities/excursions you must be paid in full. To do online check in you don't have to be paid in full.

To access the Port Arrival Time page, all other information must be filled in on the previous pages. Now, that information could be correct, or gibberish, the system only recognizes that SOMETHING has been entered. In order to quickly move through the check in process to get to the PAT page, you can just put that you are arriving by private transportation (don't have to fill out flight information). And enter that you're doing a cash account (don't have to enter credit card info). Generally the earliest PAT is 10:30 (but can be 10:45) with 15 or 30 minute windows all the way up to around 3:30.

If a specific window (10:30-10:45, for example) is full, it will be grayed out and you will not be able to select it.

Once you've gotten your PAT, you can go back at any time up to 3 days prior to the cruise to correct any errors.

Pre/Post cruise info is so they know if you might be needing DCL/Magical Express transportation.

Thanks again!

We are cruising in July and our activities booking window opens on Monday, but I can't find a definitive list anywhere of what activities are available to book. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place but the Disney site, even when I search by boat, seems to have a bunch of activities listed that are only available on longer cruises (we are doing 3 night bahamas/Dream). We have 3 staterooms (I'm managing all 3 reservations) so it will be a bit of a crazy time trying to book and I'm pretty worried I'm not going to know what to do! Is there an idiot's guide to the 3 night dream activities or a been-there-done-that-calm-yourself-down-iheartjuppy friend that can provide some insight!?!

We are cruising in July and our activities booking window opens on Monday, but I can't find a definitive list anywhere of what activities are available to book. I'm sure I'm just not looking in the right place but the Disney site, even when I search by boat, seems to have a bunch of activities listed that are only available on longer cruises (we are doing 3 night bahamas/Dream). We have 3 staterooms (I'm managing all 3 reservations) so it will be a bit of a crazy time trying to book and I'm pretty worried I'm not going to know what to do! Is there an idiot's guide to the 3 night dream activities or a been-there-done-that-calm-yourself-down-iheartjuppy friend that can provide some insight!?!
I'm wondering the same thing!! Ours opens May 14th and we sail July 27th and I'm booking 4 rooms!! :-) PLUS the Disney cruise port adventures links aren't working for me!! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter