• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time booking BWV -- looking for advice/tips on room requests

harv0033

Earning My Ears
We are planning our next trip to Disney next spring. Hope to stay at Boardwalk Villas by renting points. We've stayed at club level on the BWI side, so I am generally familiar with the resort.

We will be booking a boardwalk view (hopefully)....but I am trying to figure out what other types of things to request as far as room. Would love to get a high-level room with balcony with view of Epcot/Illuminations. I don't know if that exists, how few are there, what other potential room requests to add on, things to avoid, etc, etc.

Just little things like "if you want to avoid a long walk, make sure to request xxx and yyyy and avoid zzzz"...things along those lines.

I understand this are all non-guaranteed requests but I've had pretty good luck in the past with these sort of things.

I asked this question in the general Boardwalk thread....and got a good suggestion to throw the same question over here on the DVC boards.

We are planning our next trip to Disney next spring. Hope to stay at Boardwalk Villas by renting points. We've stayed at club level on the BWI side, so I am generally familiar with the resort.

We will be booking a boardwalk view (hopefully)....but I am trying to figure out what other types of things to request as far as room. Would love to get a high-level room with balcony with view of Epcot/Illuminations. I don't know if that exists, how few are there, what other potential room requests to add on, things to avoid, etc, etc.

Just little things like "if you want to avoid a long walk, make sure to request xxx and yyyy and avoid zzzz"...things along those lines.

I understand this are all non-guaranteed requests but I've had pretty good luck in the past with these sort of things.

I asked this question in the general Boardwalk thread....and got a good suggestion to throw the same question over here on the DVC boards.

I always request top floor. The boardwalk view rooms on the 2nd floor can be noisy. Not too many of the boardwalk view rooms are close to the elevator. The first hallway off the elevators is pool/garden view studios facing the courtyard, then there are grand villas above the store with some 1 bedrooms or studios, grand villas in the center (under the boardwalk sign) then the rooms from the center down the rest of the way are studios & 1 bedrooms. Unless you have a disability, the long hallways are not that bad. If you do end up at the end, there is a stairway that comes out behind Jellyrolls and right across from the Swan. It's quicker to catch the boat or bus over there.

We rented point last summer and stayed at BWV we stayed on the first floor facing the parking lot. We were very pleased as we could see the Epcot fireworks from there, and the noise from the pool did not bother us. the pool was very noisy at night.

Standard View. The less noisy, the better.

See Granny's map:

BWVRoomViews.jpg

If it's standard view with DVC points, I would request top floor, across from the bus stop. More quiet plus you can see the fireworks.

If it's standard view from CRO, you are usually upgraded to pool/garden view, in which case I would request Village Green, which is the courtyard area on the boardwalk side.

See Granny's map:

BWVRoomViews.jpg

If it's standard view with DVC points, I would request top floor, across from the bus stop. More quiet plus you can see the fireworks.

If it's standard view from CRO, you are usually upgraded to pool/garden view, in which case I would request Village Green, which is the courtyard area on the boardwalk side.

Thanks, super helpful. New owner so excited!

Just got our 2 bedroom waitlist at BWV for December!!!!:cool1:

Would love to some advice on room requests as well! This will be our first time staying there! Will be traveling with our 4 year old and my parents!

We are planning our next trip to Disney next spring. Hope to stay at Boardwalk Villas by renting points. We've stayed at club level on the BWI side, so I am generally familiar with the resort.....

For the time you are looking at, you need to be booking that right now or you won't get anything but preferred/pool/garden view.

Just got our 2 bedroom waitlist at BWV for December!!!!:cool1:

Would love to some advice on room requests as well! This will be our first time staying there! Will be traveling with our 4 year old and my parents!

For Pool/Garden, you would be in the red area of the map: quiet pool, main pool, courtyard by the Swan (the building in the picture is no longer there, it's the former DVC office). I personally would request quiet pool, you can use the steps at the end of the hall by the bus stop & parking lot. First floor if there are any problems with steps. The end near the Swan is a long walk.

Our first stay at the Boardwalk Villas (about 5 years ago) was in a Boardwalk view on the top floor. We were towards the end of the Boardwalk and the view was wonderful. The stay was magical.

Our stay at the Boardwalk this year was in a standard room for 11 nights. We decided on the standard room to extend our stay. For us (who stayed at Boardwalk Villas only twice) it was a mistake. The view did take away from our overall experience. We enjoyed our stay, but it just was not the same.

For the time you are looking at, you need to be booking that right now or you won't get anything but preferred/pool/garden view.

yep you are right on. finished finalizing rental agreement this morning, and can no longer get boardwalk view. there were still some left earlier this week. sigh.

So I guess my question now becomes, what are the best pool/garden views to request? what should I expect from a pool/garden view? is pool and garden 2 separate categories?

yep you are right on. finished finalizing rental agreement this morning, and can no longer get boardwalk view. there were still some left earlier this week. sigh.

So I guess my question now becomes, what are the best pool/garden views to request? what should I expect from a pool/garden view? is pool and garden 2 separate categories?

It's one category, pool or garden. See the picture above, it's the areas outlined in red. The small red area on the lake side is studios only (known as Village Green). That's what I would request for a studio. Rest are main pool, quiet pool, courtyard by the Swan. The only elevator bank is by the lobby. There are stairs throughout.

It's one category, pool or garden. See the picture above, it's the areas outlined in red. The small red area on the lake side is studios only (known as Village Green). That's what I would request for a studio. Rest are main pool, quiet pool, courtyard by the Swan. The only elevator bank is by the lobby. There are stairs throughout.

Thanks! bummed the Village Green area is studio only, as that is the area that caught our eye right away (we need a 1 BR).

another question about how to actually request a room - do you call the DVC line to do that or BWV directly? Or is this just something you do at check in?

thanks for all thoughts!

another question about how to actually request a room - do you call the DVC line to do that or BWV directly? Or is this just something you do at check in?

thanks for all thoughts!

If you are the DVC member, you call MS or send them an e-mail with your requests. Don't call the resort. You are just calling the Call Center somewhere in the US and they don't have a clue what you are talking about. You can wait until check in, but they might not have anything available.

If you are the DVC member, you call MS or send them an e-mail with your requests. Don't call the resort. You are just calling the Call Center somewhere in the US and they don't have a clue what you are talking about. You can wait until check in, but they might not have anything available.

I am DVC, thank you so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter