First time at the Fort

Mousetrooper

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving at the fort on Tues morning for two days of Halloween fun. It's our first time at the fort, and we're tent camping so this should be a fun and interesting experience from what I am reading in many of these threads and from what many friends have told us. I see the weather is gonna be cool during the day and in the lower 50s at night. As we are from the South FL area we will surely be bringing some extra blankets and maybe even the little portable heater.
We won't be getting a golf cart this time so we are hoping it's not too much of a trek to get to the campfire events and all the Halloween happenings. All in all the kids are super excited for this and we hope to make wonderful memories for them they won't ever forget. :woohoo:

1) I would rent a cart or bring bikes.
2) You want to go around and see all the decorations.
3) Many campsites go WAY overboard for the holiday.
4) That is a lot of walking to see it all.

Welcome to the camping board. We have great memories of our trips and I'm sure your family will also.
I enjoy walking, if you don't mind it you could see a lot of the campground this way over 2 days. Maybe you can get in loop 1500 if you are in a partial site. It is a bit closer to the center.

Hope you have a great time at our Home away from Home. Eat plenty of Mickey Premiums! Definitely consider a cart or at least bikes.

If you decide to rent a cart, you might want to call ahead. I was just there over the weekend & they had a sign saying no carts available, they were all booked.
I even heard some people ask but they were told the same.

Have a wonderful time.

I ditto the cart however for us it's bikes that we don't leave home without. :goodvibes Also, not sure if you've already gathered this but my favorite piece of 1st time advice was have some lights on a timer (we use our Christmas outdoor one) so you never come home to a pitch black campsite! :thumbsup2 Lastly, we love our electric blankets for those cold nights and the kids slept with their hats on and those hand golves without fingers the year we tent camped at Christmas and the temps hit 32!! :eek:

:welcome: to the DIS Camping Board MouseTrooper!

The weather looks good as you said and the Fort will be full. Stay relaxed, have a good time, and please tell us about it afterward. Some of us are stuck at home.

Your first Fort experience should be a great one. :thumbsup2

Bama ED

Had an unbelievable trip! Family loved it, and I can honestly say this was the best time ever had by myself and my kids for Halloween. This is the beginning of a new annual tradition for our family. Thanks to all of you for your advice and helpful info.

Mousetrooper said:
Had an unbelievable trip! Family loved it, and I can honestly say this was the best time ever had by myself and my kids for Halloween. This is the beginning of a new annual tradition for our family. Thanks to all of you for your advice and helpful info.

Same for us! We were in the cabins however. Would love to tent camp there but we live in Jersey and don't feel like driving lol. The Fort really is a hidden gem. We spent the earlier part of our trip at AoA but all decided (parents mid 60's, DH and I 30) we liked The Fort the best. Halloween was such fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter