First time at The Fort soon, any suggestions??

Cindy F

DIS Veteran
Care to share any tips, "don't misses", and other assorted information with a new Fort camper?

We will be there Dec 12 - 18, we always look forward to our annual Christmas trip but since we're staying at the Fort for the first time, we're extra excited.

Any tips/info ya'll have would be great!

If you're not planning to do so, rent a golf cart for one day so you can go looping and see all the fine decorations!:thumbsup2

Get a golf cart/rent a cart,,go looping and see all the Fort Decorations at night !:thumbsup2

Go to the beach and watch the fireworks at the MK. :thumbsup2

Watch the light parade on the lake nightly at 9:45 PM. :thumbsup2

Horse back riding. :thumbsup2

Hoop Dee Doo Revue. :thumbsup2

Segway tour. :thumbsup2

Nightly, Campfire smores roast and movie. :thumbsup2

Biking. :thumbsup2

Hiking. :thumbsup2

Swimming. :thumbsup2

Archery. :thumbsup2

Tennis. :thumbsup2

Fishing. :banana:

That should get you started.:goodvibes

Wow Frank, you just wore me out just reading all that. I think I'll take in my favorite "activity" and pull up a rocking chair and watch the world go by here on the porch (i.e. don't forget to relax, that's what makes the Fort so different, it is a haven of peace in what can be the busiest place in the world!)

After all that was already mentioned it's tough to add anything
But i would say go SLOW take the time to look at everything and enjoy the Fort also there is so much to do there

My advice take a break from the theme parks and just enjoy the ammenities at FW. You didn't say if you were bringing a camper or staying at a cabin, but either way rent a golf cart or do what we do and ride a bike. It's lots of fun and great excercise too. On a bike you can not only go looping, but you can ride over to the Wilderness Lodge Resort. Theirs either a cement path or if you want to be more adventourous their is a dirt path along the lake (look for a sign the says nature trail). Just go exploring their are lots of cool little hidden places at FW, like the cabin in the back where they use to have the old swamp trail. They also have pool games for the kids and a campfire movie program at night. Lots to do and the fireworks from the beach is an added benefit of staying FW (no park crowds to deal with). :)

Have fun!:santa:

.....You didn't say if you were bringing a camper or staying at a cabin

We're towing a pop up camper with our camper van and really looking forward to it!

Thank you all for the info, I thought I had done enough "Fort info surfing" but I didn't know about the light parade or watching the fireworks from the beach. Thank you all so much!

I hope the campers at the Fort are as friendly and helpful as the folks at the other campground we've stayed at...otherwise, we'll never get backed into our spot ~grin~

As new campers, we're not very good "backer-iners"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter