First time at SSR

LydiaAch

Mouseketeer
Would Congress Park be a good place to request in terms of location? We are going down with three adults, three kids, and two will be in a double stroller. Are the bus stops far from the villas?

There are bus stops throughout SSR. Where ever you stay you won't be that far from a bus stop. You may find this map to be helpful.

We loved Congress Park! We were right next to the pool and it was a short walk to the bus and also to DTD.

I'm staying there for the first time, in Dec. I think I'm just leaving it all up to the location gods. I'm not knowledgable at all about SSR...so I'll just be surprised when I get there. Which means I'll be as far from human habitation as possible and still be in a villa!!!

We have stayed in both Congress Park and Paddock. Both were great.

I have to give the edge to Paddock because of the new pool (but we loved the quiet pool at CP too). We were there in August and were lucky to get a view that faced toward MK, and from the 4th floor we had a magical view of Wishes. Surprising how well we could see it. But the chances of getting one of the few rooms that faces that direction, at that height, not high chances.

The DVC resorts thread has a great discusion of SSR, complete with everything you'd ever want to know (and more ;) about the different villa areas.

HelenParr said:
We have stayed in both Congress Park and Paddock. Both were great.

I have to give the edge to Paddock because of the new pool (but we loved the quiet pool at CP too). We were there in August and were lucky to get a view that faced toward MK, and from the 4th floor we had a magical view of Wishes. Surprising how well we could see it. But the chances of getting one of the few rooms that faces that direction, at that height, not high chances.

The DVC resorts thread has a great discusion of SSR, complete with everything you'd ever want to know (and more ;) about the different villa areas.

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter