First time at Saratoga

Disney's Walt

Earning My Ears
I have owned my little piece of the magic since 1996. We have been down just about every year at least once since. My second son that took his first steps in a GV at OKW is heading to college next week. Luck for me that college is Rollins College in Winter Park!! ANOTHER great example of why it is great to own DVC. In all the trips we have been down there on we have only stayed at OKW. It is our second home, this time because I wasn't sure if we wanted to stay closer to the school for drop off etc. I waited and there is only availability at Saratoga. Does anyone have any thoughts on where I should request the room to be? HELP!!

Not knowing your preferences makes it tricky, but the wife and I prefer the Grandstand section. It's a bit out of the way of the main 'campus' but is only a five minute walk to the main pool, lobby, shop, resturants, etc. It is also the first pickup and drop off point on the bus route. It has a very nice small pool with a play area.

It does vary a bit depending on what you prefer around you. Knowing where you like to stay at OKW and why might help give recommendations.

If you want to mix it up a bit, go for the "wow" factor (well, we think so ;)) and ask for Congress Park with a DTD/water view. It is really only a 5 or 6 minute walk to the main area also. It's the 4th bus stop of 5 but we have never had any issues with getting on a crowded bus. Enjoy your trip!

Click on the SSR FAQ link in the bottom of my signature. It has a FAQ that lists pros and cons for each section.

If you are looking for quick access to I-4 to get to Rollins, choose the Congress Park section.

We love the Grandstand area. As previously stated, it is a quiet area. We love that the area has a rather nice pool and the bus situation is awesome. It also has easy in and out access, on this side of the property, if you use your own car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter