• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time at POP....help please.

Mckys#1Fan

Mouseketeer
We will be at POP Jan 14-18. Our first 2 nights are in a standard room and the last 2 in a preferred room. I prefer it quiet when sleeping. I have read that the top floor is the quietest. Which buildings should I request to be close to the food court, buses, and quiet(or is all of these requests possible?)

We were In the top floor of the 60's bldg?, by the Bowling pin pool(faceing it) and It was reltevly quiet.But we like a noisey room,I know not normal:rotfl2:. This year were staying In the Bldg By the Hippy Dippty pool,its the there bldgs straight accross from the food court.

We stayed at Pop in September. We requested top floor of the 60s building facing the lake. It was very quiet. We loved the location. Our room, on the other hand, was another story. The phone was broken and the light in the bathroom had gone out. With this location, we found that the mousekeeper always seemed to clean the rooms last. We would try to go back to the room for naps, but we would always be in the way of the mousekeepers.

My DH and I were in building #2 in the 50's section last Aug. and it was very quiet. We were looking out on the lake and on the 3rd floor. It was fairly close to the food court and the pools. The food at the food court was very good and the selections were plentiful. They also had great drinks at the pool bar (expensive but good)! It took us a little while to get use to the value resort since we had just moved from 7 nights at the BWV. Once we adjusted it was fine.

Enjoy the resort! If you have kids they will love it!

We were there this past august and we were in the 50's and the resort was busy as it was free dining and we were on the bottom floor as requested also facing the pool as requested and it was very quiet. Not a far walk to the food court either. We are going again this august and want be closer to the main bldg so we requested 60's or 70's nearest the main bldg.

we were in the 70's building, top floor, facing a parking lot (but a lot of greenery between us & the lot, so really was not like we were looking at just a parking lot.) However, the building was close to the busses and close to the main building. We didn't care about pool location, but that wasn't that far either. Maid service was always done by noon, which was great because we were back in the room to crash by 1:00 every day.

It was very quiet.:thumbsup2

i really like the location i had with the kids. we were in a preferred room in the bowling pin bldgs. we were on the 2nd or 3rd floor i believe and it was very quiet. such a short walk to the pool and food court. we actually preferred the bowling pin pool anyway so this was great. i was also very comfortable with the short distance with the kids heading to the food court for icees in their mugs. the airline checkin is also right next to the bowling pin bldgs out front so it was so easy to drop off our lugguage.

i just came back from a solo trip to POP and i didn't request anything. i was placed pretty far in the rubix cube bldgs. it was quiet...too quiet actually. at times i felt like there wasn't anyone else staying at the resort. the walk to the food court was the best for a quick trip so i tried to plan them for when i was heading to or returning from the park. there was a shortcut to the bus stops from these bldgs though. i was on the top floor and i did not like that at all. i wasn't close enough to the elevator to make it worth walking to so up and down that many flights of stairs was taking a toll after a few days.

good luck in choosing. the resort is a lot of fun no matter where you stay. i think every location can be worked with.

We just stayed at POP from the 11th-20th in the 60s building, on the 4th floor facing the 70s buldings, just one room away from the blue yo-yo which was literally steps from Classic Hall. (which was great when it was just DD and I but because my disabled grandmother was with us, we needed to go to the elevator which added a bit onto our trip) And it was super quiet, too. We never heard a thing.

We were there this past august and we were in the 50's and the resort was busy as it was free dining and we were on the bottom floor as requested also facing the pool as requested and it was very quiet. Not a far walk to the food court either. We are going again this august and want be closer to the main bldg so we requested 60's or 70's nearest the main bldg.

Was this by the bibby boop pool?,we requestd the ground floor facing the that pool.

HPIM0208.jpg

We had 2 rooms 2170 and 2171 we were the 2nd and 3rd room in from the left of the jukebox perfect the pool was maybe 10 footsteps away!

HPIM0218-2.jpg

HPIM0219.jpg

HPIM0283j.jpg

A view of the bowling pin pool from our room!

HPIM0257-1.jpg

Picture of the pizza delivery van and yes it is a real VW and does make deliveries.

We stayed at the POP a couple of years ago, we were in the section where mickey mouse is(sorry can not remember the name) it is best on the top floor as less noise and try to get the end room away from the lifts. We had the last room along, no one has to pass your room to get to the lift. no one running above you along the walk way. pop is full of fun and we made some lovely friends while staying there. The buses were fine,the food court was fine for a quick bite. hope this helps:yay:

We stayed at the POP a couple of years ago, we were in the section where mickey mouse is(sorry can not remember the name) it is best on the top floor as less noise and try to get the end room away from the lifts. We had the last room along, no one has to pass your room to get to the lift. no one running above you along the walk way. pop is full of fun and we made some lovely friends while staying there. The buses were fine,the food court was fine for a quick bite. hope this helps:yay:

That I believe is the 70's section.

yep,thats exactly it.sorry:rotfl2:

I knew what you meant because I didnt even realize until the other poster said something that you didnt write hippity dippity pool! LOL! Our pool was the Bowling pin though as I stated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter