First time at MNSSHP....tips for a strategy?

Mom2Four

Mouseketeer
Hi all.......first time attending the party.....any tips on what to do first, where to get a spot for the first parade, what time to line up for it, where to eat, ect...... Thanks!!!!!! ps..not interested in character autographs

#1 tip: you can enter at 4pm.

I would suggest eating before the party starts to maximize your time and maybe getting a snack later if necessary.

I was excited about MNSSHP, but now I am starting to get a bit worried as people are reporting high crowds. I wanted to do 5 character meet and greets, but I don't want to spend all night waiting in lines, so I think I may cut it down to 2 or 3. I want to make sure we get to one of the dance parties and perhaps ride a couple of rides to take advantage of low lines.

We've been to a few of these parties and you are on the right track.
Decide what's most important for your group. If the characters are not your bag then you can skip those. Altho, there are a few characters that appear only here. We love the 7 dwarves and will make getting a picture with them a priorty.
If rides are your focus, you'll find open lines all night.
Little kids might like the dance parties (ours did).
The Parade and Fireworks are not miss events.
If the shows are important then check their schedules.
The trick or treating is a hit with kids. Some folks really load up on candy.
I'd eat before the party starts, since the food selection is pretty limited during the party. You don't want to have a candy bar dinner (maybe you do :)

Here's my plan for our group of 10 from 7yo to 70!

Arrive late afternoon ride a few rides during the day.
5:00 Crystal Palace Dinner.
7:00 Parrty Begins! Find the Dwarves :)
See the Villians Show
Skip early Parade as it's more crowded and ride rides with short lines.
Secure a place for the Fireworks. This time with a view of the front of castle.(last trip at back of castle not best view. However, if you look closely you can see sprinklers wetting down the Fantasy Land buildings to keep embers from burning the roofs. They think of everything)
Watch late parade. Good spots in Liberty Square, Main Street is more crowded
Stay 'til the end. Ride rides. (Big Thunder is great in the dark)
Trick & Treat as we walk-thru the night

You may want to plan a 'sleep-in day' on the day after.

have fun
mauisam

Decide what's most important for your group. If the characters are not your bag then you can skip those. Altho, there are a few characters that appear only here. We love the 7 dwarves and will make getting a picture with them a priorty.
I'd eat before the party starts, since the food selection is pretty limited during the party. You don't want to have a candy bar dinner (maybe you do :)

See the Villians Show
Secure a place for the Fireworks. This time with a view of the front of castle.(last trip at back of castle not best view. However, if you look closely you can see sprinklers wetting down the Fantasy Land buildings to keep embers from burning the roofs. They think of everything)

have fun
mauisam[/QUOT Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See the Villians Show

have fun
mauisam[/QUOT Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We'll be at the party Tuesday, October 16th. Maybe we'll see you there!
That's another tip...If you have a choice, the middle of the week parties are less crowded that the weekend nights.

have fun
mauisam

Be careful of this advice. If you wait until 7pm to find the dwarves, you will probably be waiting in line for 90 minutes. Start lining up for the dwarves at 6, then you will be done with them early in the party.

Be careful of this advice. If you wait until 7pm to find the dwarves, you will probably be waiting in line for 90 minutes. Start lining up for the dwarves at 6, then you will be done with them early in the party.
Even better be there at 5:15

Advice noted. We'll head over right after dinner. I nominate myself to leave dinner early and get a spot in line. Oh well, I guess I'll pick up the check next time :)

I went on September 25 and the crowds were insane. My first recommendation would be to go to get in line for the seven dwarfs as soon as possible. I ended up waiting an hour and a half for them alone. To me, that was like paying 30 bucks just to get one picture taken.... And even then, one of the dwarves face in the picture was behind another dwarves face!

If I had it to do all over again I may not have done it. Perhaps it would've done it if it was raining.

Another thing people have talked about is the candy. My experience with the candy was not that good. The candy I received at the party was generic and not really worth waiting for. Generic smarties Laffey taffy and other things like that were common. Note that I only waited in one line for candy--the one by the riverboat, in front of the haunted mansion. We ended up throwing it away before we left for home.

The best thing about the party was that characters like the seven dwarves that you don't get much opportunity to see were out. But even the ones that were out in some cases you weren't even guaranteed to see them when getting to the front of line. For example, at the Aladdin character greeting, Genie was out with Aladdin when we got in line (We really wanted to see Genie) but by the time we got there it may have been might Abu and Jasmine--you have no choice in the matter. It would all depend on parade schedules (if that character is in the parade, they will be gone during parade time for sure) and luck.

The one positive thing about the experience was it seems like the rides were walk-ons. But, I don't know for sure... I didn't actually ride any of the rides. If you were going just to ride rides it might be worth it, but I would still approach with caution.

Despite being a huge , lifelong Disney fan, I was still pretty upset with my experience. I felt Disney sold too many tickets for that evening for the capacity of the party.

I was there on the 25th as well. I also thought it was insane. I followed the advice on here and was in line for dwarfts at 520 so we were our of line by 715 but the crowds were horrid everywhere we got candy from one line the splash mountain one. Tried to get to mansion it was slammed, tried to walk through fantasy land it was unimaginable so we decided to find a seat at 900 for the next parade. I feel like we wasted our money, there was 5 of us

As a 'glass half full' kinda guy, I'm hoping the crowds thin out next by the 16th.

mauisam said:
As a 'glass half full' kinda guy, I'm hoping the crowds thin out next by the 16th.

It's Disney World, prepare for heavy crowds and be happily surprised if the crowds are thinner than expected.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter