• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First time at GF RPC....concierge Deluxe room! What is it like?

BambiTamby

DIS Veteran
OK, other DIS concierge Queens (and KINGS)....you know who you are!;)

We had this room booked for my b-day last year, before I became ill and we had to cancel.:(
So, today, I decided to rebook the RPC with the concierge deluxe room for our 10th Anniversary.
I'm not waiting for AP rates, because I know what I want and
I want to check -in on our anniversary date!
GF main building concierge, a BIG room with jacuzzi tub.
CM told me that this room has it all....about 680 sq ft.
And a balcony.
Now, she did tell me about the honeymoon suites, but they were smaller.

I went ahead and booked the deluxe concierge with an AAA discount, which was not bad, I was expecting to pay more.

What else can ya'll tell me about the RPC and these suites or deluxe rooms?

Now, remember, the GF and BWI concierges we have not yet experienced, so, please fill me in!

Thanks!:wave:

I've never been there, but please tell all after your visit. I want to take my DH there after I retire. Got to have the magic! I really retired 2 years ago, but the school and children keep calling me back.

From your description the GF is the place to go for couple time. I know that you will have a magical stay.
Byrd
:teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher: :teacher:

Hey Bambetambi,

You've made a great decision. We stayed at the grand this past summer, in the royal palm, and loved it! We had a regular room , and I requested a castle view, which we got, it really was fabulous. This summer I have a concierge deluxe room booked also. The deluxe rooms don't face the castle, which really doesn't matter to me, from what I understand, I believe two face the "old" pool, and the other two face the poly, and "new" pool. I think if you get one of the rooms facing the old pool you may be able to look out to the left to see the fireworks. Also, I believe there are two different room configurations for the deluxe rooms, I think only one type has the jacuzzi tub. The cocierge lounge overlooks the lobby, with lots of table and chairs, it was wonderful sitting out there in the evening sipping wine listening to the band and having grand conversation! Any other questions, I would be glad to help.

Karen:chat:

Thanks Kard!
And Byrd,,,,you KNOW I'll let everyone know what I think of the RPC!;)

I was looking at janet2k's pics last night, but she had a deluxe room that had the roll-in shower.
But, the rest of the pics of the room and view were awesome!

I was seeing if Ducklite or anyone else had some feedback,too....:wave2:

We stayed RPC in 2002, and it truly was a great experience. We also had a regular room, with a MK view and it was probably the best view I've ever had at WDW. The lounge at RPC is on the 4th floor, and is pretty spacious IMO. I doesn't have as much seating as the Poly, but it is much more spread out so it never feels crowded, even when every seat is taken. The CM's who work up in th elounge couldn't be nicer, and they were always there to get something that wasn't out for one of my kids. We're going back to the GF this summer, but we're trying Sugarloaf this time. DH wants to stay out in the lodge buildings this time, he felt like we "missed out" (His words, not mine) by staying in the main building. So, it will be interesting for me to compare the two concierges at the GF. Enjoy your trip!!

Hello everyone,

My DF and I are staying at in 1 of the octagon rooms at RPC this summer for part of our honeymoon. What kind of views can I expect with that room? Thanks.

Thomas

These are beautiful rooms! Great views of either the courtyard pool or the lagoon/theme pool. The ones with the courtyard pool are larger, but have a smaller balcony - in the bathroom, they have a deep soaking tub (no jets). The ones with the lagoon/theme pool view have huge wrap around balconies, but the bathroom has a regular tub. The only rooms with a jacuzzi tub are the honeymoon balcony rooms, the signature, VP, and Prez suites. :)

Have a great time, and BE SURE to take lots of pictures! ;)

Bambi Tamby I was going to post on the concierge bug board to you!

My DH, DD and I are going to stay BC Concierge for our first ever concierge trip this March/April. So I was going to say how wonderful the bug board was!

Now I'm soooooo excited about concierge, without even being there...just the itinerary planning is so excellent, that I have already gone and made a GF RPC deluxe room vacation to secretly surprise my DH for his 40th birthday in October! That is so neat that you are going to be there a month earlier!

I hope you have a wonderful time and if you find any neat sites with pictures or other posters stories, please let me know too!

Thank you, Jo

Congratulations on your 10th anniversary. DH and I just celebrated our 20th at the GF in early January. I booked through Dreams Unlimited and other than requesting a king bed, I didn't ask for any particular view or anything. Our TA did note that we were there for our anniversary and I don't know if that was the reason, or because this was our 4th time at the RPC, but we were assigned to a beautiful octogan room. I believe they have only 4 of these rooms and we had a panoramic view from the wedding chapel all the way around to the castle. (For those who want to know, it was room 4021 on the 5th floor) I only missed having a balcony for about a minute. There was a nice entry way that opened up into a sitting area and a huge four poster bed. The bathroom area had his and her sinks along with a big walk in closet. The tub was not jacuzzi, but big enough and deep enough for two.

I had pre-ordered a bottle of champagne to surprise my husband and the staff sent one up complimentary. We also received an autographed picture of Mickey Mouse wishing us a happy anniversary. Again, I don't know why we got these special gifts, but it was very nice. My DH ordered a dozen red roses from the Disney Florist and they were probably the most beautiful ones that I have ever received. They opened up so big during our stay and the vase had a romantic Mickey and Minnie design. The concierge staff helped us to box up the vase for our return trip.

One thing that I didn't do, but I will definitely plan this for our next trip, is a private dining experience. We had chosen Narcoosee's for our anniversary dinner, but I must of forgetten how noisy it can be even late at night. Next time, I'm going to check out reserving the 2nd floor balcony (next to the Mercantile) for a private dinner. From what I understand, you can order any meal from any of the on-site restaurants and have it served there. Definitely a much more private and romantic spot.

Have a wonderful trip.

Tammi

Originally posted by Sazzo'sMommy
Bambi Tamby I was going to post on the concierge bug board to you!

My DH, DD and I are going to stay BC Concierge for our first ever concierge trip this March/April. So I was going to say how wonderful the bug board was!

Now I'm soooooo excited about concierge, without even being there...just the itinerary planning is so excellent, that I have already gone and made a GF RPC deluxe room vacation to secretly surprise my DH for his 40th birthday in October! That is so neat that you are going to be there a month earlier!

I hope you have a wonderful time and if you find any neat sites with pictures or other posters stories, please let me know too!

Thank you, Jo

Come and join us on the Concierge Bug thread! :wave:

TammiMcMan...thank you for the anniversary tips!
Come and join us too!

I'm excited about this and Cali has even made up a
NEW GF FAQ just for me!;) :p

Originally posted by BambiTamby
I'm excited about this and Cali has even made up a
NEW GF FAQ just for me!;) :p

Glad you are enjoying it! ;) I wasn't planning on redoing it for a few more weeks or so, but, after seeing that you are planning your trip, I just had to get it done. :) How do you like all the photos I included in it? Those are all my personal photos. Please remember to take & post lots of photos, I'll include the link in the FAQ if you'd like. :)

We just spent 4 nights in one of the RPC deluxe rooms. It was room 4322 which faced the poly and the new pool. It had a double balcony. It did not have a whirl pool tub, but the room was beautiful. We were traveling with our DD 11 and DD 2. The room was right off of the lobby, one floor up from the nightly band and one floor down from the lounge. It was wonderful to be
so close to the monorail. Enjoy your stay!

I booked a Deluxe RPC room and I'm a little confused about what it offers. It is very important to us to have a balcony (to hide from the kids ;) ), from what I've read not all rooms come with one? Is this something I need to request?
I see that it's only $10 difference between a standard concierge room and a deluxe, how much more space does this buy?

Wow, that must have been quite a search you did to come up with a 3 year old thread :surfweb: . I didn't even think they went back that far.

I booked a Deluxe RPC room and I'm a little confused about what it offers. It is very important to us to have a balcony (to hide from the kids ;) ), from what I've read not all rooms come with one? Is this something I need to request?
I'm not sure where you read this, but the standard deluxe rooms in the main building all have a balcony. The only ones that don't are the turret suite honeymoon rooms. Deluxes offer a view overlooking the gardens and pool.

I see that it's only $10 difference between a standard concierge room and a deluxe, how much more space does this buy?
Oddly enough, it gives you some great extra floor space, still only one big room though. Also, even though it's more room overall, they have a maximum occupancy of 4 guests (over the age of 3). There are two different designs, you can see them here if you want, http://home.comcast.net/~tammimcmanus/gf_rooms.htm . Just scroll down to the bottom and look for room code "BO". You'll see an option 1 or 2 that you can request.

Thanks, Tammi! I love that room layout page, exactly what I wanted to see. I did a search for "Deluxe RPC Rooms" and it went back years..funny though, I recognized many (you included ;) ) of the same experts giving advice on those threads. I really do appreciate you GF veterans taking the time to help us newbies :goodvibes .

Last May, when staying at the RPC, I asked for a tour of the deluxe rooms and suites and the CMs showed me some of them that were vacant. The deluxe rooms, for only $10 more, are a real bargain. They have almost 200+ more square feet, but it feels much larger than a regular room. It has a mini-bar with a sink that the regular concierge rooms do not have. CRO describes the deluxe concierge rooms as smoking optional, but I could not smell one bit of smoke in any of the ones I saw. They give them a very thorough cleaning. The balconies are a little smaller than the regular RPC rooms, but not much smaller. There is a sofa in the deluxe rooms; the regular usually have a daybed. The next time I go RPC, I'll pay the extra 10 bucks and get the deluxe room!

I see Tammis here. I was gonna say you wanna talk to her or Janet or Channing. Happy Anniversary, I am sure you will love the room.

Hello everyone,

My DF and I are staying at in 1 of the octagon rooms at RPC this summer for part of our honeymoon. What kind of views can I expect with that room? Thanks.

Thomas

hi! i don't know what teh CM's told you but you cannot guarantee an octogon/turret honeymoon room. it is request only. I hope you get one though! (request 4021, its the best!)

to the OP-I hope you have a great time! you cancheck out my Trip report in my siggy for GF RPC pics/etc. have fun!

hi! i don't know what teh CM's told you but you cannot guarantee an octogon/turret honeymoon room. it is request only.
I wonder if it's different if you have a Disney wedding booked through them? No idea if that's the case here, just throwing that out there. Otherwise, Heatherlynn is right, theres no guarantee to which style of honeymoon room you'll be assigned to. The standard honeymoon suites are all on the 2nd floor, have king beds, jacuzzi tubs and overlook the castle. The turret suites can be found on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor. No balconies, but much larger rooms. Three of them have a panoramic view from the monorail around to the beach. Three have a panoramic view from the wedding chapel around to the castle. We had 4021 and agree, that it's the best!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter