First time at Cali Grill - help a newbie

GetGlowing

DIS Veteran
DH and I are visiting California Grill to cap off a week celebrating our anniversary on DCL and at WDW. We're first timers to Cali Grill so we need some tips.

Our reservation is for 9:20 on a night with Hallowishes fireworks (9:30). How soon should we check in at the podium so that we aren't rushed to get in place for the fireworks? We might enjoy drinks at the bar before fireworks, too.

Will our meal be rushed afterwards? Disney website says Cali Grill dinner is until 10pm.

We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, and we're planning to take the bus or other transport (boats?) to and from the Contemporary. What connections will we need to make? Would MK bus be best? We're not interested in a taxi.

Thanks for any help ...

I'd check in around 8:45. Earlier if you want to have drinks in the lounge/bar.

Your meal will not be rushed. Plenty of other people will have ADRs around the same time as you and after. 10:00 just means they stop seating then - the restaurant doesn't close until the last patron has finished at their own pace.

Easiest way to get from POR to CR would be to take the bus to MK and then walk over to the CR (about 10 minutes, there is a marked path). If you have extra time and want to, you could take the monorail, but walking will almost always be faster.

I agree with Abby. Just wanted to say 'Hello!' and 'Congratulations!' to a fellow Tennessean. California Grill is a favorite of mine. You'll enjoy the food, the atmosphere, and the gorgeous view. It is very relaxing. :goodvibes

If the fireworks start at 9:30 and your reservation is 9:20 then you will most likely not be seated till after the fireworks. Everyone will want to be seated so those that are there around 9:00pm will park there big butts, even if they are finished dining. I would arrive around 9:00pm and order a few cocktails from the bar then head out to the observation deck to enjoy them while getting a prime spot to watch the fireworks. The masses will be exiting the restaurant after the fireworks so you will then have a nice, practically kid free, dining experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter