First time Adult Mother daughter trip March 2022

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
First time to Hawaii from New York celebrating my daughters’ 40th birthday. Using DVC points for Split stay 5-nights at Aulani then moving over to the big Island for three nights. Now in the activity planning stage. We are planning day trips in and around Oahu. Pearl Harbor, Poly cultural center, day excursion to Maui. Reading can be draining. Would rather hear about how other adults spent their time what are must sees during our time. Should we rent a car for the whole time etc.

I 100% agree with @_auroraborealis_ about skipping the Maui day trip.
You already have one travel day getting to the Big Island within your vacation so having the Maui day excursion is going to be exhausting.
There is soooo much to see and do on Oahu plus you only have 5 nights which is really only 4 full days.
What are you interested in?
Are you adventurous? Are you looking for shopping? Do you want to hike or snorkel?
A great resource is Go Hawaii.com

How do you vacation? Is this about relaxing or seeing as much as you can (the "I need a vacation from my vacation" vacation)? Is this a single trip or a potential first of many? Once you answer those questions, then you can start working on the what. If your intent is to see as much as you can see, get the rental car (heck, unless you plan to plant yourself on the beach at Aulani you need the car). After that, my only "must do" for adults is PH. Fill in the rest with things you enjoy... Only other hint... balance the "I need to see everything" urge with "this is a vacation."

I agree about skipping Maui. it Would be like going to Magic Kingdom for a day and only getting on 2-3 rides. The island is very spread out and traffic to Lahaina is crazy.

If seeing Maui is a bucket list item for you, I’d do a day trip to the Big Island to see the volcano and spend three days on Maui instead. Maui has become very commercialized, but for good reason - it’s beautiful and there’s lots to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter