First stay at the Swan and I was so lucky!!

travelbug

DIS Veteran
After my stay at BWV was over, i stayed at the Swan this past Fri. and Sat. nights. I checked in at about 10 AM, fully prepared to go entertain myself until a room became available later. Before I could even ask if any rooms were possibly ready, the very nice CM offered me a free upgrade to a room with a great view that was ready immediately!

The room was #727, facing the Boardwalk across the canal. From the balcony, I had a full view of Illuminations and could even hear the music. Then when I looked to my left, I also had a full view of Wishes. Since I had already seen Illuminations and Wishes in person at the parks that week, I arranged to be in my room at those times to enjoy the view from my balcony. What a treat! :D

Besides the fantastic view, the room itself was beautiful. Gotta love those beds! I enjoyed the pool, and found everything to be just great. I hope I can stay there again sometime. :D

Sometimes good things happen when you don't expect them! We love the Swan and have some great memories from there...I'll bet that view was wonderful!

Glad to hear you had a nice time at The Swan. Perhaps arriving early got you a nice room upgrade. I'm always anxious to get to the hotel asap, to get a better choice of rooms. I've found free upgrades usually are offered either early in the day, or late at night. I guess either way they have a better idea of their inventory. Probably they don't want to give free upgrades during the busy times for frae everyone will want one. BTW, I NEVER pay extra for a view upgrade. Oftentimes I'm offered one free. However, its not worth the extra $$, especially when I'm not in the room that much. People are often disappointed at the view, especially when they pay for it. Nice to have as a freebie, though.

I'm glad you had a great time at the swan. We just got back from the swan too. I really didnt care about our room view. We were hardly ever in the room. Why, we didnt even get a chance to use the grotto pool this time. Our view was of the front entrance. But if you stood in the corner you could see the earful tower and the tower of terror. Last year we had a view of the dolphin and the back of the clamshell and those great a/c units they have behind there. When we checked in the cm reminded us that we were already getting a great deal with our govt. disc. , yes thank you cm john, I think I already knew that. But I am glad you got sprinkled with some wonderful magic. That was great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter