First stay at Caribbean Beach Resort?????

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 5 and have stayed at POR numerous times in the past. While we love POR, we really have been wanting to try a different moderate resort. I was so glad that CBR now sleeps 5. We got free dining for 8/28 thru 9/6 and we are super excited(DH, me, 12 year old twins and 6 year old), standard room.

I know the resort is really big. I am wondering if we should rent a car to go back and forth to the parks? We have a lot of dinners booked at Epcot (have park hoppers). How far is the bus to Epcot and HS? Is it relatively close? We would love to be close to the food court. When at the main pool, do you have to go far to get lunch?

We are a family of 5 and have stayed at POR numerous times in the past. While we love POR, we really have been wanting to try a different moderate resort. I was so glad that CBR now sleeps 5. We got free dining for 8/28 thru 9/6 and we are super excited(DH, me, 12 year old twins and 6 year old), standard room.

I know the resort is really big. I am wondering if we should rent a car to go back and forth to the parks? We have a lot of dinners booked at Epcot (have park hoppers). How far is the bus to Epcot and HS? Is it relatively close? We would love to be close to the food court. When at the main pool, do you have to go far to get lunch?
No need for a rental car unless you really want one. And the resort is not overly large, just bigger than POR and POFQ.

#2. You are talking about a 7-10 minute bus ride to Epcot, if that. And at the main pool, you are about 100 feet from the food court...give or take 3 feet. And bring your cups and let them refill at the food court.

CBR is a great resort and newly refurbished! A good area to request for a standard room is Jamaica. It's just across the bridge from the OPR and the pool. WE never rented a car and never had any issues with the bus system. Some people do not like that there are multiple bus stops. However, that means that no one has a long walk to/from the bus so I think that it's great.

CBR is very close to Epcot! So close that I wish that they would put in a walkway, but that's not happening! LOL! As PP mentioned the main pool is very close to the food court.

Enjoy! CBR is a great resort! Very tropical ambience.

What is the best way to get to MK from CBR?

Definitely take the bus. The bus stops are right outside the gates. If you drive you have to drive to the TTC parking lot, probably take a tram to get to the TTC, then you have to get either the monorail for ferry to the MK.

I know the resort is really big. I am wondering if we should rent a car to go back and forth to the parks?

CBR is large, but if you remove the Pirate Themed rooms in the Trinidad South Section CBR has the same footprint as POR. Even when we have had our car with us, we have never felt the need to use it. It never moves until we check out.

We have a lot of dinners booked at Epcot (have park hoppers). How far is the bus to Epcot and HS?

Both rides are very short, 6-8 minutes.

We would love to be close to the food court. When at the main pool, do you have to go far to get lunch?

If you're booked in a standard room Jamaica 45, Aruba 51 and Martinique 21, 22 and 23 are all very close to OPR and the main pool.

The gate to the main pool is maybe 30 yards to the doors of the food court.

Thanks everyone for all the great info. We are super excited about our first stay at CBR!!!!!!!

We will be at CBR 9/6-9/13! It's our first time too. SUPER excited. It looks so beautiful and relaxing! :)

We plan on spending a lot of time during the day at the resort/pool. Is there usually enough room? Are you able to get chairs? Are there fun things for the kids to do at the pool? They are 12, 12 and 6 years old. Do they play games with them?

We plan on spending a lot of time during the day at the resort/pool. Is there usually enough room? Are you able to get chairs? Are there fun things for the kids to do at the pool? They are 12, 12 and 6 years old. Do they play games with them?

We usually have 2-3 resort days during our trips and have always found chairs for us. The deck and the pool itself are very large. There are pool parties every afternoon, we have a hard time getting our DS13 to leave the pool and go to a park.

Thanks everyone for all the great info. We are super excited about our first stay at CBR!!!!!!!

Have a great trip! We've only stayed at CBR once, but we loved everything about it and wouldn't hesitate to go back :goodvibes.

28 days to check in!! Starting to seem a bit more real-can't wait til magic bands arrive!

:cool1::cool1:

We will be at CBR 9/6-9/13! It's our first time too. SUPER excited. It looks so beautiful and relaxing! :)

Have a great trip :wizard:.

You'll be leaving as we are checking in.

Have a great time :goodvibes.

We're trying it for the first time as well, in June. Getting excited :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter