First SOLO trip & super excited!

ShellieMimi

Mouseketeer
Next week, I'll be participating in a film workshop in/near WDW with my uni classmates. The workshop is mandatory, but... the bonus trip to Disney is not! My BF has a lot of work in the days leading up to it, and the weather was a little questionable for my original fly-out date, so I decided to extend my time in Florida for a few days, completely solo!

What is your favorite thing to do as a solo that you can't do when you're traveling with other people?

Please note that I am not interested in solo meetups, etc. :)

I don't have a single thing. It is more the freedom to do as little or as much, when and if I want. I spend more time just sitting on benches and watching people. I take advantage of the single rider lines. I tend to look for the small things, the hidden gems, rather than the obvious attractions. I try to pick something that I haven't done before. I skip thing that don't appeal to me. I enjoy having a drink in a quiet resort lounge. I always have a car, so I try to get off the property and see other thinks like the Orlando Eye, or a botanical garden. I don't park hop, but I do resort hop.

I love to do a "transportation" day; I ride the monorail to the resorts, taking a stop at each,
then to Epcot and back. I then take a boat over to Fort Wilderness for a meal, then over to
Wilderness Lodge. I love to stop at the lounges, have a drink and chat with the bartenders.

Thank you for the ideas! I would never get away with doing some of these things with family/friends along. Even more excited now. :)

There's no one thing I do on solo trips vs. trips with others - but the trips are very different. Solo - I do just what I want to do. I skip rides I don't love. I shop in the morning when the stores are quiet. I go back to my resort earlier than expected if I want. I get up early or sleep late based on what I feel like. Meals don't have rules - breakfast can be ice cream, a gigantic buffet, or just a banana. I always try to do something new each time - either a new restaurant, a new place to go, a new tour, a resort visit.

The number one thing for a solo trip - have your "must-do" items planned - but otherwise - it's a lot easier to go with the flow each day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter