First Solo Trip, I'm scared, anyone willing to meet up?

MickeyMinney

Earning My Ears
Hello to all. I just found this site today, well, actually, just signed up and I'm here to ask for help. I'm planning for August 31 to September 8. Alone, first SOLO trip. Do you think I'll be bored on my own and also, will anyone else be there at the same time? I want to tour the under ground in MK too. I haven't booked the trip yet, but I plan on it this weekend. Thanks.

I will be there solo Aug 29-Sept 5 . I go there for my birthday love going solo--can do what you want when you want. Don't worry have fun.

Hi :wave2:

I'll be there solo from Thursday September 2nd - Monday September 6th. I'm staying at POP. Are you staying onsite too? I wouldn't mind meeting up for a snack or some rides/shows or just to say hello.

To hpfan100 ~ once I finalize my trip this weekend, will let you know. I'm looking staying on site. Toss up between All Stars or French Quarter. Thanks!

To hpfan100 ~ once I finalize my trip this weekend, will let you know. I'm looking staying on site. Toss up between All Stars or French Quarter. Thanks!

good call on those. i think staying onsite is worth it if you can get the room discount. If your not doing a package then check out travelocity. They had POFQ for only 75 dollars a night for my dates :eek: i got POP for 57 a night through hotels.com

Good Luck!

I will be there doing that time as well, though not solo. We will be staying at POFQ, but I think my parents will be joining me for only one day at the parks. So, I may be doing one day alone.

I will also be there Sept 2-6.

I'd like to hear your tories when you get back, because I have never gone alone. I couldn't imagine going without a partner to share with, and am curious what your experience is.

I'm really excited!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::yay:

I like the freedom that comes with it. I can go to any ride I want when I want too. Also I think it is faster to get around parks and such solo. I'm doing a pre trip report which is helping add to the excitement. I will be doing a trip report when I return too.

I go solo all the time - it's wonderfuly self-indulgent! Traveling with others requires a certain amount of compromise, but on solo trips I do exactly what I want, when I want, and nothing I'd rather not do.

I'll be there Sept 2-7, staying AKL Jambo House (dvc) concierge level. Since it'll still be so hot/humid it'll be a mostly resort trip for me, which is why I chose this resort.

I will be coming on Sept 15-21. I will be staying at POP. I will also be going to MNSHP on the 18th. IS anyone else going to the party on that date?

I will be coming on Sept 15-21. I will be staying at POP. I will also be going to MNSHP on the 18th. IS anyone else going to the party on that date?

no parties for me I'll be back home by then

I go solo all the time - it's wonderfuly self-indulgent! Traveling with others requires a certain amount of compromise, but on solo trips I do exactly what I want, when I want, and nothing I'd rather not do.

I'll be there Sept 2-7, staying AKL Jambo House (dvc) concierge level. Since it'll still be so hot/humid it'll be a mostly resort trip for me, which is why I chose this resort.

WOW that sounds fun! I hope you do a trip report on that.

My husband and I will be there 9/5-9/12. I will be alone some of the time. He wants to do the Richard Petty and also some fishing while we are there.

I am still looking to meet up with someone for the 3rd or 4th week in September.

I will be there solo Aug 29-Sept 5 . I go there for my birthday love going solo--can do what you want when you want. Don't worry have fun.

maybe a King of Prussia Meet!!!:goodvibes

Well I'm set for August 30th to September 7th! Excited to go alone now that I really need it, but also was thinking of doing the Back Stage Tour on Wednesday Sept. 1st. Not set yet...I'll have to see.

It's done! I'm set. August 30 to Sept 7. Now I'm looking forward to it. I'm also planning and hoping to set up the BackStage tour for Sept. 1st. Can't wait now. I got the room for the same price. $57. But bumped me up to the Preferred room.

It's done! I'm set. August 30 to Sept 7. Now I'm looking forward to it. I'm also planning and hoping to set up the BackStage tour for Sept. 1st. Can't wait now. I got the room for the same price. $57. But bumped me up to the Preferred room.

WOW how exciting. I wish I would get a bump to preferred room.

Going solo is wonderful, you are own your own time. Don't have to be anywhere to meet up with other people. Can flit from place to place. Have gone with family and friends for many years but just retired, now its my turn. I went solo in June, had lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter