First solo trip booked

jenjenster

Earning My Ears
Well I did it...I finally booked my first solo trip. :yay: I have been going to Disney my whole life but it has always been with family. This will be the first trip I make without my parents who passed away last year. Even though it will be sad without them I love Disney and cannot wait to get there. First time staying at an all star resort (used to staying at POFQ or Beach CLub) and this will also be the first time for free dining. Just wondered if anyone could offer some good advice for a single traveler?

Have fun. . .soak in everything. . .slow down. . .just enjoy. Strike up conversations (small talk) with people in line. Take advantage of single rider lines. Act excited and smile, people will strike up conversations with you.

Yes, have fun! I'm wanting to do a solo trip sometime in the future... I think it will be nice to be able to do whatever I want to do when I want to do it. You're going to have a blast! :goodvibes

I am sorry about the loss of your parents, but it is great that you have some wonderful memories with them and will get to relive them on this trip.
Enjoy the fact that you are on your own schedule and no one else's!
Leave a park and go to another, head to Downtown Disney to do some shopping, try a new place to eat!
Get one of the hidden mickey's books - that is always fun and a great way to strike up conversations with other guests.
Also, take a backstage tour. You will be with a group of people and get to learn lots of new things!
Have fun - do what you want and let us know all about it when you get back!

Thanks again for the response. I do plan on writing my first trip report when I get back so I will share all the details. :woohoo:

Thanks again for the response. I do plan on writing my first trip report when I get back so I will share all the details. :woohoo:
What a fun board, and while I am a new poster I have been going to WDW since 1999 and have had several solo trips in that time. Finding some of the hidden treasures of Disney is a fun thing to do for a solo trip. The single rider line is not only a fast way to enter a ride but is also a great place to meet other solo riders and perhaps some of them will be solo travelers as well.
There is a joy in sometimes taking the parks at your own pace, and enjoying the things that you want to do without catering to others. You can eat when you want and where you want, have ice cream for breakfast if that is your choice and relax and enjoy the Magic!
Enjoy your first solo visit and may it be one of many!

My advice is to always drink heavily... ;-)

Like it was said, take your time and do just what you want on your own time... it will be great...

Andy

remember to eat and drink!

being by yourself you can get caught up and lose track of time if none is stood next to you saying they are starving.

I went solo in Jan. 09 after my Grandma passed away - needed some 'me' time and got a deal for a week at the All Star Sports. I visited all the places and did all the things she had done with the family two years before that, and it was wonderful. Take your time, take in the sights and sounds you might not normally pay attention to with others around, enjoy! I especially enjoyed even a quiet couple of hours in my room in the mornings and evenings with no one changing the channels and banging on the bathroom door while I enjoyed a bubble bath! And the single rider lines are great! So are the gift shops with no one sighing in boredom as I leisurely browse, and catching a movie at Pleasure Island was a great idea without anyone to debate which movie I should see.
Have a wonderful time. When are you going?? I'm going at Christmas with 17 other people, so not even close to my glorious solo time.:scared1:

I went solo in Jan. 09 after my Grandma passed away - needed some 'me' time and got a deal for a week at the All Star Sports. I visited all the places and did all the things she had done with the family two years before that, and it was wonderful. Take your time, take in the sights and sounds you might not normally pay attention to with others around, enjoy! I especially enjoyed even a quiet couple of hours in my room in the mornings and evenings with no one changing the channels and banging on the bathroom door while I enjoyed a bubble bath! And the single rider lines are great! So are the gift shops with no one sighing in boredom as I leisurely browse, and catching a movie at Pleasure Island was a great idea without anyone to debate which movie I should see.
Have a wonderful time. When are you going?? I'm going at Christmas with 17 other people, so not even close to my glorious solo time.:scared1:

:wave2:

Thanks again for all the tips. I do plan on sampling some restaurants and adult beverages that I never got to enjoy in past trips. :cool1

I stayed at the All-Star Movies for my solo trip. When I checked in I let the CM know that I was by myself and wanted a room in a well-lit area. They gave me a free upgrade to a room closer to the food court.

I love doing solo trips. Here are some of my favorite things to do:

1. Talk to people in line, before parades, etc. I'm not exactly the most social person, but it's fun meeting new people
2. Sit down on a bench and people watch. There have been times where I've just sat down on the nice benches between the hub and Tomorrowland before the first evening parade for almost an hour to rest and people-watch
3. Do your favorite rides multiple times. If there's a fastpass, get one, then get into the standby line
4. Do whatever you want and have fun!!
:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter