First Sept. Trip!!

antnyh

Proud BLT Owner May 2010
DH and I are going on our first ever trip in the month of Sept. We'll be on property Sept. 7-11. Last minute trip to use up DVC points and our annual passes before they expire in Oct. This time we will be WITHOUT KIDS! Sad and happy at the same time. Wish they could go, but we are due some mommy/daddy alone time. So here are the questions.
1. Anything special to do in Sept? We'll miss food&wine :(
2. It has been a long time since we've gone without kids. What is your one favorite adult activity...keep it PG rated here :)

I know I'll get some good advice. Thanks in advance for the help/suggestions.

I would hit up Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk for sure! My favorite place.

We have a friend that will be there the same time as you. Unfortunately the MNSSHP won't be going on but she plans on doing the "Night of Joy" one night while she is there. Other than that the crowds look to be in your favor while you are there with levels 1-4. Pick your favorite rides and ride them a lot. :)

My DW and I love going in Sept. because of the lower crowds. We rode BTMRR 6 times in a row (without getting off the ride) because no one else seemed to ride it. We also walked on SM multiple times. Basically ride the ride, walk back through the line and ride it again. At Epcot we rode Soarin and TT multiple times as the waits were minimal (30 minutes at both at 2 pm).

We'll be on property Sept. 7-11.

If you've never been at WDW for halloween and you have flexible dates, I think the first MNSSHP is sept 15. Your dates are great as being right after labor day, it'll probably be really empty with school starting for many on the 7th.

Thanks for the great suggestions. We're regulars, DVC members, but haven't been without kids in over 12 years. Looking forward to trying some of the ideas above. Thanks so much!! Keep them coming.

I am looking forward to nice dinners and drinks! This is our fourth trip but our first with just the 2 of us. So I am most looking forward to a king size bed and doing whatever WE want!

We are actually there the same dates as you, and on our first kid-free Disney trip! We have not been anywhere without our kids in almost 13 years SO this trip is long overdue. The closer we get, the more guilty I am feeling to be going to WDW without them. I'll be watching this thread to see what others suggest as fun adult activities.

One thing we are doing is the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour. You have to be 16yo to go on the tour, and none of our kids are that age yet so this is definitely something we want to do while it's just us.

We are actually there the same dates as you, and on our first kid-free Disney trip! We have not been anywhere without our kids in almost 13 years SO this trip is long overdue. The closer we get, the more guilty I am feeling to be going to WDW without them. I'll be watching this thread to see what others suggest as fun adult activities.

One thing we are doing is the "Keys to the Kingdom" tour. You have to be 16yo to go on the tour, and none of our kids are that age yet so this is definitely something we want to do while it's just us.

WOW sounds very similar to us. We are feeling the guilt as well, but we need the time away. We are doing the animal trek tour in AK. Looking very much forward to that...just hope it isn't too hot!! We're booked at AKL Jambo house savanna view. Never stayed there before, but BLT was booked. We have it waitlisted so we'll see.

WOW sounds very similar to us. We are feeling the guilt as well, but we need the time away. We are doing the animal trek tour in AK. Looking very much forward to that...just hope it isn't too hot!! We're booked at AKL Jambo house savanna view. Never stayed there before, but BLT was booked. We have it waitlisted so we'll see.

Ooh, AKL savanna view sounds nice! We are actually at BLT. I am super excited, and just trying to let that rule over the guilt I feel :rolleyes: We promised them each a souvenir, and that we will start planning a family trip to WDW after we get home.

I hope you have a great time pixiedust:

If you like rainstorms, there should be a lot of those to check out in September!

We'll be across the way at Kidani the same time as you. We'll be the other wet people.

Since you will be at BLT and very close to the MK, MNSSHP or Night of Joy sound like good options. Have fun!

Thanks for the heads up about night of joy. Bummer- guess that's why the park is closing early that Friday and Saturday :/

Yeah im doing a solo trip the week before you. Im mainly excited about the 'lower' crowds and being able to be on my own agenda.

I'll be enjoying some beverages in EPCOT (NOT drinking round the world!) and just relaxing and doing everything low-key.

Quite a few folks there the same time...we ought to meet up!! I will check into the Night of Joy. Forgot about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter