First Seating for Dinner

LucEeyore

Earning My Ears
I am cruising with my 70 yo mother who is a diabetic. We requested first seating at dinner and it is full. We filled out all the forms , sent the medical form to Disney, etc. We still are listed as second seating. Will the request be honored to change her seating? Neither of us want to pay for a cruise then eat at the buffet everynight so that she can eat in a timely manner to keep her blood sugar with in a normal range. Breakfast and lunch are no problem.

Any other suggestions? Our TA says most of the time Disney honors these requests.

When we went a couple of years ago we had late seating. We knew our kids would not make it so we just ate at Top Siders for dinner. After 2 nights they called us and wanted to know why we weren't showing up. When we explained to them they moved us right away.

I'm sure they will accomodate your requests. Especially for the medical needs of your mother.

Good Luck,
Deb

I've heard many people say that they were on a waitlist for 1st seating, and went right away when they got onboard to see if it could be changed, and they honored their request. I can't imagine they would'nt considering the circumstances.

Hi,

We are in the same boat ( PUN intended ). We have late seating for the August Repo cruise and my husband has Early Onset Parkinson's. For him eating dinner late each evening will aggrivate his heartburn and acid reflux. If it were only once or twice in a week than that would not be so bad, but 14 days of late eating might not leave him a happy camper. We also have requested the medical form and are sending it in to see what they can do. Anyone know how long till they get back to you? I'm wondering if I sent a covering letter with my medical form back if they would respond sooner?

Martina

We were on the May 8 Wonder and my Mom is diabetic also. We were listed for 2nd seating and I sent in the medical forms (probably about a month before we left) and when our documents came in a couple of weeks before we left - we were listed for 1st seating. We did not have any problems and it was taken care of before we left.

On our first cruise with we were wait listed for 1st seating, when we got on board the ship we went & had it changed to 1st seating, with no problem at all.

Have you tried calling and talking to someone about this lately?
We were booked in late seating on a very full cruise and were concerned about our toddler behaving at such a late hour, so I called to ask how we could go about requesting a change. The CM said, "Hold on and I'll see if I can make a little magic happen" and in a few minutes she came back and said we were switched. And this was just for a personal preference. I am quite certain if there is ANY possibility of an opening at early seating, Disney would make it available to a family with a medical necessity like yours. Try calling again, if you haven't lately. :)

Ditto on the phone call. We were wait listed, but I called about 3 weeks or so before the cruise and the change was made while I was on the phone. I'd call now since it would put your mind at ease to have this taken care of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter