• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Post

charper

Earning My Ears
Greetings! I have read these forums for years, but recently joined. My wife and myself are foster parents that live on the outskirts of the greater New Orleans area. We are both teachers (she is the behavior mod teacher at the junior high, I'm the math teacher at our alternative school). I just wanted to say "hello" to everyone and see what my first post looked like!

charper

10.gif

Hi and welcome!

I'm also a math teacher, on Long Island, married to an English teacher.

Here's hoping Lee is kind to New Orleans and the surrounding areas.

Are you planning a trip to Disney anytime soon?

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! Alice, we are thinking about a trip to WDW this Christmas. My wife and I are both foster parents, and are between placements, but if we get placed with a child before November, we are hoping to take our child there and celebrate Christmas in the parks. (In anticipation, we have already made breakfast reservations at a character breakfast, and I made a reservation at BBB for Christmas afternoon, the earliest I could get in on Christmas day). We live about 11 hours from WDW by car, so it would just be a one day drive for us. In the past when we went to Disney, we left at 3 am and usually get there at 4 or so in the afternoon (after food and bathroom breaks, and the one hour time change). We have never travelled with a child before, but are extremely excited about the possibility about having one in time for Christmas.

charper

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter