First offsite trip - advice please!

Jess4WDW

Mouseketeer
We are planning our next trip to Disney and looking to stay offsite to save money. I am looking at Windsor Hills and Paradise Palms, any thoughts? How is traffic from the resorts? Any other recommendations? We really love the idea of having the extra space (party of 8) and the private pool :thumbsup2 Thanks in advance for your help!

We haven't stayed at Paradise Palms but we have stayed at Windsor Hills quite a few times and will continue to stay there. We really enjoy the community. It is very well kept and secure. It is the closest villa community to Disney and very easy and quick to get to the parks. 5-10 minute drive. Being so close allows a midday break to swim and eat lunch during the hottest part of the day and then return to the parks to finish out the day.

Our kids really like the community pool and playground at WH as well. With the resort amenities, proximity to Disney and I4 and savings, for us its a no brainer.

Good Luck!

Thanks! WH does look great. PP is actually a little cheaper but not sure if it would be worth it since it is a little further away. I am excited for our first offsite visit, DH isn't so sure though. I will show him your reply, that should help sway him. Thanks again!

We love WH and have stayed several times in condos and townhouses there over the years. Sherberth Road off of 192 is a shortcut that gets you onto Disney property in 2 stoplights. You're closest to AK then, but you can follow the signs to whichever park you're going to from there.

I stayed at paradise palm it is amazing. I can't drive, so I just took a taxi to animal kingdom and it was about 9 dollars then took the Disney bus to Magic kingdom, or wherever I was going! Then I would take a bus to animal kingdom lodge at night and taxi it back home. It was about 7 dollars so all in all about 20 dollars a day on taxi fairs. That's not to bad as I payed 25 dollars a night there.
The only down fall to staying off site is no extra magic hours! However if you have little ones with you. They might not be able to make it through the whole night anyway.

Hope you have fun. It is for sure a different feel off property

That is great to know you enjoyed Paradise Palms! We will have our van so we will be driving to the parks. It sounds like PP wasn't too far from the parks. My main concern is being stuck in traffic.

Thanks! I am looking for units with themed rooms for the kids. Hoping to keep it as magical as possible! I hope the feel isn't much different than previous trips.

PP is farther away, and there has been major construction going on between 429 and hwy27. I'm not sure if it's over yet. But, without the construction it takes about 15 minutes to get to AK, and 20 to MK. Hope this helps, have a great trip!

Thanks for the info! The location sounds great to me, the construction not so much! Our trip is in May so hopefully it will be completed. Looks like I should keep looking at WH.

Why worry about the road construction ...... It just might add 10 min onto

your travel time, ?

You see far more of the area & Pass some good eating places on the way to

and from PP.

Go for PP. Give it a shot .

Why worry about the road construction ...... It just might add 10 min onto your travel time, ? You see far more of the area & Pass some good eating places on the way to and from PP. Go for PP. Give it a shot .

My DD lives in Clermont and takes the 27 to the 192. Road construction occurs in the late afternoon or late at night along portions of the 192.

For Star Wars Weekend, we arrived at DHS in less than 15 minutes in the morning. We have rented a villa in High Grove and never felt it was a long drive onto property via the Sherberth Road access even with construction when returning late at night.

Thanks for the clarification on the traffic, I was imagining the worst! I am still considering PP. Thanks for all of your input, it is greatly appreciated.

I had this dilemma when I stayed offsite for first time last November. Imo, you can't go wrong with either place. I never stayed at PP but I heard from others on here that the resort is really nice. It's newer too. When I was deciding they were still building .

I went back and forth and after multiple posts....I decided with WH. I think it was just that I got a deal I couldn't refuse. I rented a 5 bedroom home and it had a princess themed room with a bathroom and a star wars themed room with a bathroom.

We leave tomorrow and I rented a WH hills condo this time.... we needed to stay in more of a budget. It has a themed nemo room...Really cute murals. Hopefully it is as nice as it looks! Haha.

When I was looking in November.. I didn't want a themed room because my kids are older and thats all I could find! Wh has lots and lots of themed rooms. That is also why I considered pp because they didn't have many with themed rooms.

Anyway..I went with a themed room anyway and am doing it again...go figure.

Wh is really really close to Dis and easy to get too. Like I said feel good about either one. They are both nice communities. I wanted to try PP this time but my vacay was planned last minute.

I am a little anxious staying off property so your reassurance is really appreciated! Choosing the wrong place could ruin the trip. I feel comfortable with either place thanks to all of your input. Now to see where I can get the best deal!

This may seem like a silly question but I found the unit I would like to rent and the owner requested names and birthrates of everyone staying in the unit. Is this a common practice?

I've never been asked for birthdates. One place we were considering asked for the ages of our children, but not birthdates. Not sure why they'd need that information.

Thanks, I thought that was strange. Not sure why they would request that. Seems like too much information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter