first night suggestions

swanwed6206

DIS Veteran
our family is currently planning our disney trip! we're very excited...our flight comes in later in the afternoon and we should arrive at our resort(ssr) around 6....just checking to see if anyone has any ideas on what we might be able to do with kids without going into to the park? we don't really want to schedule reservations just in case our arrival time is off...Can we go into downtown and have a later dinner (party of 6) without reservations? We're going in June...also does anyone know when T-Rex cafe is going to open?:cool1: thanks for help:goodvibes

We always spend that first night at the resort. Eat there, swim and just check things out and get ready for the next day. Have a wonderful trip

SSR is a great place we love it. We usually arrive early so we hit the parks. How late are you looking to stay out? Downtown is a short walk from SSR. There is also tons of things to do at the resort. You can take a walk and see lots of birds, we hang out on the big bridge and look at the fish too. My kids love the pool and could easily spend a full day there. You might want to consider the Turf club for dinner, if you have the meal plan it is a great deal. There is also a small playground and arcade for the kids. I don't know if you are early risers but it might be good to relax if you plan on getting up early. If you are up to staying out late then you might want to check and see if Fort wildreness has a movie that night. I beleive they do one every night but things change often. Sorry I went on so long.

Have fun:)

My kid just feel like they're at Disney until they've seen the castle. So, we usually try to eat dinner at MK. If you weren't planning on using a ticket that day, you could eat at the Contemporary (maybe Chef Mickey's) then go out and watch the fireworks from there. Last time we went our plane left at 6 am. I thought the kids would be too tired to do much that first day. They were so wound up from excitement about being there that we went ahead and did a half park day. One of our kids was 13 then too. I don't blame them, though. I get excited about Disney, too! Don't we all.

:goodvibes I'm not sure if you can still get ADR's but we are checking in at 3pm, swimming, resting and than having Dinner at Cali Grill during Wishes. It seems like a nice magical start to me

-Becca-

You could go to downtown Disney and take in the sights, you could also watch Wishes from the Beach at the Poly, just ride around the monorail? Hit the pool?

We are checking in our hotel and then heading to MK for a few hours before our ADR's at Crystal Palace. But we have an extra pass hopper that we won't be using, so it's no big deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter