First Night Plans

Raidra

Mouseketeer
I need some help re-doing our first night plans. Our flight lands at 1:38pm, and we're staying at the Contemporary. Our original plan was to hang out at the hotel for a bit, ride the monorail, then have dinner at California Grill and watch Wishes from the hotel.

Of course, we're arriving on 1/6, the first day that California Grill will be closed for refurbishment.

So I need alternate plans. Considering we were looking forward to a good meal, that's a priority (so probably not Chef Mickey's). We could go into the parks that day if we really wanted to.. we're planning on doing a very abbreviated park day later in the week (we're taking the weekend off from park touring because my MIL will come visit us at the resort, but we figured we'd go to a park Sunday afternoon/evening after they leave), so we could just skip that and go on our arrival day.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I need some help re-doing our first night plans. Our flight lands at 1:38pm, and we're staying at the Contemporary. Our original plan was to hang out at the hotel for a bit, ride the monorail, then have dinner at California Grill and watch Wishes from the hotel.

Of course, we're arriving on 1/6, the first day that California Grill will be closed for refurbishment.

So I need alternate plans. Considering we were looking forward to a good meal, that's a priority (so probably not Chef Mickey's). We could go into the parks that day if we really wanted to.. we're planning on doing a very abbreviated park day later in the week (we're taking the weekend off from park touring because my MIL will come visit us at the resort, but we figured we'd go to a park Sunday afternoon/evening after they leave), so we could just skip that and go on our arrival day.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

What about Citrico's at the GF????

Dinner at Downtown Disney? We always like to go there our first day for dinner.

Don't waste the park admission just for dinner unless there's someplace in Epcot that you're dying to go to. Most of the best food is at the resorts, not the parks. Within a monorail or boat ride you still have 3 other Signatures: Citricos, Narcoossee's, and Artist Point. Citricos' menu does not particularly appeal to me but the other 2 certainly do!

I have not eaten at The Wave but it also appears to get good food-related reviews; seems to be more of an adult place as there are no windows or child-themed entertainment. And I believe I saw that GF Cafe has a new chef and is/will be tweaking the menu a bit.

On our first day this trip, we are headed to Ohana's for dinner. We are staying at the Poly and will be getting up that morning at 4:30 for a 7 am flight. So..... we will head to Magic Kingdom when we arrive, stay for the parade and then head back to the Poly for a swim (weather permitting). I made a ressie for Ohana's at 6:30. Once we finish dinner, we will be ready for bed!
Love Ohana's!:goodvibes
Whatever you pick, have a great time!

have you thought about citricos, artists point, or narcoossee's? all good choices and a quicker trip to/from than going to dtd.

We're definitely doing Narcoossee's, just a little later in the vacation. I hadn't thought of Artist Point, the food definitely looks great there! I know it's easier to get to than most resorts from the Contemporary, but how long does it actually take and what's involved?

I didn't want to do something else at GF or the Poly since we'll e eating there other nights, but then I thought if we ate at Kona or something, that would free up a TS credit for the day we only have QS planned.

We were already thinking of going over to the Poly for a Dole Whip and to watch the fireworks..

Hmm..

We're definitely doing Narcoossee's, just a little later in the vacation. I hadn't thought of Artist Point, the food definitely looks great there! I know it's easier to get to than most resorts from the Contemporary, but how long does it actually take and what's involved?

I didn't want to do something else at GF or the Poly since we'll e eating there other nights, but then I thought if we ate at Kona or something, that would free up a TS credit for the day we only have QS planned.

We were already thinking of going over to the Poly for a Dole Whip and to watch the fireworks..

Hmm..

Kona has become soemthing of a first night tradition for us when we stay on the monorail, we always book too late now to get in to 'Ohana before 9:30pm. Just booked today for October 4-7 with the free dining PIN. We'll be at the CR so I booked Kona, no brainer for us! This way if we do the Halloween Party or not we will have a close reservation! Enjoy your stay!

just take the boat from CR to WL for Artist Point. (great dinner BTW).... i think it stops at wildnerness campground on its loop. nice ride too.

The Wave is a nice 1 TS meal. I agree with other posters, that you have great options close to CR. We are staying at CR and doing CG the first night, later this month.

One night we are planning on taking the boat to WL to Artist Point. Never been to WL and am looking forward to visiting. So I second that suggestion.

Another suggestion. Also, we are going to DTD during our trip to eat at Ragland Road and see the entertainmnet there in the evening. It gets pretty good reviews and sounds like fun.:goodvibes

Hmm..

As other post mentioned, you can take a boat from the back of CR that does the loop with FW and WL. You can also take a boat back from the WL to the front of MK, of you are boating over to the Poly for Dole Whip. The direct WL to MK boat goes over the water bridge, which is just so cool.

AP is a beautifully themed restaurant, similar to the style of the resort. I thought the time between courses there was a little slower than Narcoossee, but it is a good signature. The highlight of my meal there was the mussels. They have the small ones as opposed to the larger ones. Very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter