• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FIRST night of MNSSHP? Super busy?

maroo

DIS Veteran
is the first night of MNSSHP particularly busy...since it is the first night?

It is on a Friday this year.

Thanks for posting this, I'm curious about this also. Especially with it being Labor Day weekend.

Dis Veterans please correct me if I am wrong....

I believe Disney limits the number of tickets it sells for hard ticket events/parties. So they only sell X amount of tickets for MNSSHP on each night of the party and when they are gone the event is considered sold out.

Also in my experience attending MNSSHP and other parties; as the evening progesses the crowd thins out. So if you stay until the end of the party you can often walk on rides or even ride multiples times without getting off a ride. This happened for us at MNSSHP on BTMRR, we rode 3 times without getting off because they had no wait.

I hope this helps and I also hope other posters can add additional information.

Happy Planning :wizard:

The MNSSHP party that we went to in October (beginning) was not crowded at all...but I do remember a thread last year that said that there were dates that were crowded. I almost wonder if folks will just be out to check it out on that first night?

I will be in the world from Sept 4 - Sept 13 and because of NOJ, the only night I could do MNSSHP is Sept 4...but it looks like I will be getting in late that night. So...I will probably miss it this year. Hopefully will get to go next year, though! :) I loved it last year! :)

My sister and I attended the first party on a Friday night last year. We did not do the candy lines so I do not know how busy they were. The rides were all walk-ons. We did get our front row spot for the second parade in Frontier Land right after the fireworks. This is the fourth MNSSHP I have been to and I enjoy it every time!

Thank you so much!!

Gosh, it might be worth it to try to get a flight out earlier so that I can maybe go this year? Hmm... :scratchin

we were at last years opening MNSSHP. It didn't seem any different than the one we attened in 2006. Like the poster above said, there is a hard number of tickets sold for the event...and from our point of view, it allows you to have a night at the park that is equivolent to a very low volume day. The longest we waited on any ride was about 10 minutes...(even on the haunted mansion...which is a huge favorite)

After the PArade...the people thin out to the point where you can get on anything with no wait...It's wonderful.

Since we have never been during this time of the year, I have a question. What is the price? I know it will vary from one year to the next, but was wondering how to plan...or even if.

Thanks,
Nini

2009 tickets go on sale May 1, 2009 and I don't believe prices have been announced yet. Last year adult tickets were approx $50 per person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter