First night dinner, need opinions!

Neesy228

DIS Veteran
Okay fellow DISer's, here is my challenge to you! ;)
We are arriving in Orlando around dinnertime and I'm in search of a TS restaurant that is:
NOT in a park
NOT a character meal
Kid friendly
On the DDP
Preferably takes ADR's (unless anyone can tell me somewhere that won't be impossible to get into?)

It will be for a late dinner - probably around 8ish. And we're going during Free Dining, so I know a lot of places are already full. Thoughts and suggestions are most helpful and grately appreciated! :goodvibes

NOT in a park
NOT a character meal
Kid friendly
On the DDP
Preferably takes ADR's (unless anyone can tell me somewhere that won't be impossible to get into?)

Narcoossee's (2TS, but you'll get Wishes and the Electric Water parade at your dining time), food and service are fabulous; easy for kids too our 6yo fit right in the other kids (plenty of them)

Grand Floridian Cafe
Boma
Kona Cafe
Any of the Moderate Resort TS restaurants

Okay fellow DISer's, here is my challenge to you! ;)
We are arriving in Orlando around dinnertime and I'm in search of a TS restaurant that is:
NOT in a park
NOT a character meal
Kid friendly
On the DDP

It will be for a late dinner - probably around 8ish. And we're going during Free Dining, so I know a lot of places are already full. Thoughts and suggestions are most helpful and grately appreciated! :goodvibes

There are plenty of good TS restaurants that have the criteria you are looking for. One close to your resort may work best.

A few I can think of that are great w/kids:

WCC (non- character)
Cape May Cafe (non-character)
Ohana (non-character)
Boardwalk (a few here)
DTD (a few here too)

Another vote for Whispering Canyon - I think it's a great way to start the vacation - lots of fun for the kids and at a beautiful resort!

TS restaurant, not in a park, not character, kid friendly, takes ADRs:

Ohana at Poly ~ Love the food, it's served family-style, activities for the kids (coconut chase is one thing), can view Wishes from your table or else on the beach after your meal.

Espn on Boardwalk ~ great food and entertainment, can enjoy the boardwalk after your meal & watch Illuminations too (without entering Epcot).

TS restaurant, not in a park, not character, kid friendly, takes ADRs:

Ohana at Poly ~ Love the food, it's served family-style, activities for the kids (coconut chase is one thing), can view Wishes from your table or else on the beach after your meal.

Espn on Boardwalk ~ great food and entertainment, can enjoy the boardwalk after your meal & watch Illuminations too (without entering Epcot).

I didn't thing ESPN took ADRs

Yacht Club Galley (now Captain's Grille?) - it was our first night dinner and it was great!

--Daneen

I would also vote for ESPN. I think they make take reservations at the restaurant directly, but we have never had a problem getting in. Spoodles was also very good but a bit less kid friendly.

We love, love, love Kona but it doesn't have as kid friendly of an atmosphere as some. But I agree, watching the water pageant & Wishes from the Poly beach can't be beat!

We just got back and had our first night meal at California Grill. We ate just before the fireworks, so we could stay and watch from the observation deck. There were many kids there. The food was great, and the fireworks were a great way to start off the vacation.

Ohana at the Poly- Great food, and had MANY activities for the kids, A great way to start off the trip!

Kona at the Poly- We have always had an awesome meal here!

Ohana at the Poly! The food was great and my son really liked participating in the entertainment there :woohoo:

Whispering Canyon if you're looking for good food and fun to get the vacation started.

That said, our first meal is usually Cape May because we usually stay at BCV and DD insists on it as seafood is her favorite. Cape May is a good choice if you like seafood (although there are other choices too). The Oreo bonbons are the best!!:lovestruc

Thank you so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it. My DH and I are currently debating all of the suggestions made.

Could anyone tell me how the non-ADR places (like ESPN and Big River) are during Free Dining? If we get there around 8 for dinner, will we have a long wait?

Another vote for 'Ohana. :thumbsup2 This is our arrival night tradition and it is just such a great way to start things off. :goodvibes

Have you said where you're staying? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter