First memory

Emom-i have that DVD memory thing too-im glad there are other people like that cause ive always thought it was just my weirdness.

Two really clear things-one is being with my cousin on the floor in front of a woodstove in my grandparents house-my grandfather was sitting in a chair holding a younger cousin. I had to have been around 2-the baby he was holding was born in Dec of 61 and he passed away in May of 64.

The other is sitting on the neighbors floor with a couple of other little kids. We lived in a tiny town in Northern Wyoming and they had one of the only televisions. Our moms were watching JFK's funeral. I was born in march of 61 so i was just over two then.

My earliest memory that I can recall now is seeing JFK's funeral on TV. I had no idea who he was or what was really going on. I apparently said something inappropriate because my mother shushed me. I wasn't quite 5 years old.

A few months later I definitely remember seeing the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan show.

There may be very vague memories of earlier incidents, but I can't say for sure whether I really remembered them or they're based on what people told me about later.

Jim

I remember being in nursery school when I was 3 or 4 and playing with a castle playset, making rice crispy cakes and going to the Santa and getting a colouring book. I used to go to my nans and watch Animaniacs after.

Mine is actually Disney related!
I remember going to see Mary Poppins in the movie theater with my aunt and my big brother, and laughing until we were almost sick at the scene when Michael was yelling, "Let me out! Let me out!" and he couldn't get out of the closet. We were in hysterics.
That memory, and the movie is so precious to me. :goodvibes

I was barely 3 and it was just me and my mom sitting on the beach, eating French fries. Crows came over to try to get some and she shooed them away. Highly unusual since 1) my dad hated fast food so we only got it when he wasn't around, and 2) I had 3 older teenaged brothers so time with just me and my mom was extremely rare.

I remember sitting on my father's lap when I was 3. We were at my grandparents house and my father was talking to my grandfather at the kitchen table. I was wearing white lace gloves and distinctly remember thinking about going outside and deciding not to b/c my mother would have had a fit if I got my gloves dirty before church. My grandparents lived on a working farm and until I was in my teens, we went every weekend to help with the livestock.

I distinctly remember my cousin and I eating Oreos in the back of our grandfather's white Ford truck. The only thing is....my mom says that he sold it even before I was born. :confused3:confused3:confused3 I don't know if this was a dream I had or what but I remember it as if it happened yesterday. So I'm sure that doesn't even count.

But I remember being in kindergarten and our school was being renovated so our "classes" were held at a local Catholic church basement. I remember playing with the Little Tykes farm. I remember it folded up and when you wanted to play with it, you just opened it up and all the little chubby animals were inside. And I also remember riding the big tricycle all over the basement.

I was in either First or Second grade. Didn't feel good but my mom made me go to school. Walked back then. I got sick at the front of the school. My brother went in and the crossing guard took me home. That's it. Then I have a few more on an off until I was around 16. Don't know why but I have almost no memory of growing up. Class reunions are horrible.

Wow you people are good- my earliest memory would be kindergarten- the first day when the teacher handed out cookies and milk and forced me to drink the milk- I hated milk and I came home crying that I never wanted to go back to school again until my mom sent in a note saying I didn't have to drink it. I guess because it was so upsetting to me thats why I remember that one.

Mine was from when I was 2 1/2. My sister and I were supposed to be getting ready for bed but we were goofing around. My mom was in the kitchen doing the dishes and talking on the phone. I smacked my head on the corner of the wall (where 2 walls come together) and ran out of the room, through the living room and into the kitchen where my mom was. I didn't know it at the time but I was trailing blood behind me. My parents had just separated so my mom called my dad to drive us to the doctors office and my grandparents came to watch my sister. I remember that it was snowing because while my dad drove, I sat on my mom's lap in the front seat and we drove my a parking lot that had big lights shining down on it and I remember the snow falling in front of the lights. My mom kept a cloth pressed to my head and we got to the doctor's office so I could get stitches. I remember lying on the table on my stomach and my mom sat right by my head and talked to my while the doctor was stitching me up. They had to shave the back of my head and I got 12 stitches. My mom still to this day tells me how she could see into the back of my head! I remember coming home and having Christmas cookies as a treat.

It's amazing how clear it really is. I can picture it as clear as day.

My first 2 memories was when I was 2. The first memory, I remember my twin sister and I were playing outside on the driveway and I saw her literally shoot up in the air and come crashing down on her head and she was laying there for a little bit and my parents came running out. The second memory was we were sitting on the couch and she fell off the couch hitting her head and she was being air lifted by a helicopter and I had to stay at our neighbor's house. I now know both times I had witnessed her having a grand mal seizure.

i have to very vivid memories from when i was 2, actualy the first memory i wasn't quite 2 it was 1977 and i had an older brother we lived a few block from the movie theater starwars was the movie that had just come out and i remember when my dad and i dropped my brother and his friend off the line to get into that movie was 2 block long.

The other memory i have is when my mom had to go down to the basement to check on laundry and she put me in the play pen with my little sister well at the time my mom was on weight watchers and she had these dried apples from weight watchers for her snack i climbed out of the playpen and found the apples then climbed back in the playpen and fed them to me and my sister. Boy when my mom came back was she mad not because i got into them but because of the price. She has never forgotten that.

I remember feeding wild rubbarb to one of my grandparents' milk cows and getting scolded, apparently the leaves are poisonous/dangerous?? I might have been 4 or 5.

Oh, I also have a lot of memories of me being hurt, but I can't really place them as I used to do that all the time as I had extremely bad balance and was generally clumsy. My record was 21 bruises on my legs and 4 on my arms at once. I was very proud of that... My mother was petrified of someone reporting her to child services :P

I remember being in hospital and throwing up after hitting my head, but apparently I did that a lot lol. I also remember sticking my fingers in a spinning bike wheel and the skin being peeled back off my finger so you could almost see bone. I stared for a few seconds then SCREAMED and scared the pants off my parents... Also when I was really young I split my head open on a wall (similar to pp) but I don't remember that. Apparently I was laughing... I was an odd child.

One memory I must have been very, very young. I was sitting in a high chair and my mother had put a couple of french fries on the table part and I couldn't figure out how to pick them up. Boy, was a screaming mad!!:rotfl2:

Another memory, I was probably 2. I would climb up on the side of my crib and hold on to a window sill in a high small window so I could watch the trains go by on a company lot a little way from my house.

Still very interested in eating and traveling. :-)

my earliest memory is when i was probably 2 or 2 1/2 of looking at my brother through the slats of his crib. He is 2 yrs younger than i am. he was on his stomach. lol I also remember when one of my older sisters were changing him and they started yelling and go to find out same brother ate a " ball " that rolled out his diaper... rofl. >_<

JFK's funeral. I was two. I remember it because my father took off work to stay home and watch it on TV, and he held me on his lap and just cried all day.

It was Dad crying that cemented it in my memory. I only saw my father cry on one other occasion in my life, 4 years later when he was informed that his mother had died.

Not kidding here but...

3 months ::yes::

I was lying in what I guess was a crib and saw stag beetles creeping up the windows and launching themselves off. My parents were hosting a barbecue down below outside and I could hear the natter. Obviously I had no idea what they were saying but I remember the light filtering up.

There are two, but I don't know how old I was. I can guess that I was between 2 and 3 based on other memories. Not sure which came first.

I remember wandering from my bed to my mother's and she told me I couldn't sleep with her and had to go back to my bed. I was terrified of that room (we were staying w/ my grandparents, as my parents were going through a divorce), so I went and sat on the dark stairs until I fell asleep.

The other was I was holding my big doll with hard plastic limbs and walking down my grandparents' front steps, which were concrete. I tripped and fell onto my doll and her foot pushed hard into my midsection. It made me lose my breath (for the first time) and I panicked.

I'm not sure which came first.

I remember my grandfather feeding me creamed corn and he said "this baby loves corn" I was pretty young.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter