First look at Tom Hanks as Walt Disney

I don't think I would have casted him as Disney. Especially because he sounds too much like Woody. :)

They need a scene of Walt overseeing Disneyland construction shouting "TAKE THAT MAXWELL HOUSE SIGN DOWN!!!!Do you want me to turn over in my GRAVE?!??!"

:rolleyes1 :cool1:

Not thrilled with the casting. I'm still trying to get over James Franco playing Oz. ;)

Not thrilled with the casting. I'm still trying to get over James Franco playing Oz. ;)

Given what I have read about PL Travers objection to Disney filming Mary poppins, I can easily see Emma Thompson playing her. While Tom Hanks may not LOOK like Walt Disney, I trust his acting to do a good job with the role.

Tom Hanks is a masterful actor, so it's great to hear he is on the project. I'm sure to get him involved it must have been a very compelling screenplay. Excited to see how it turns out—hopefully resembling the artistic rendering of Howard Hughes in Aviator.

Given what I have read about PL Travers objection to Disney filming Mary poppins, I can easily see Emma Thompson playing her. While Tom Hanks may not LOOK like Walt Disney, I trust his acting to do a good job with the role.

Absolutely! Hanks is a terrific actor that will make you forget all about the visual disparity. I sure hope they do this right. How cool would it be if this became a big hit and spurred renewed interest in Walt Disney?:earsboy:

I watched an interview a little while ago where Tom Hanks was discussing the new movie and his role in it. I'll be very interested in seeing the final results. I think he's a fine actor and will bring all his talents to bear in playing the role.

This isn't a theme parks attractions and strategies topic, so I've moved it to the Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music board. :)

THEY'RE DOING THIS?!?!?!?! *CAN'T BREATHE* *REALLY CAN'T BREATHE* *GOING TO DEMAND TO SEE THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT*

*THIS PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL*

(No, really. Most other places I go on the internet, people think I'm weird for loving Disney so much.)

The trailer on IMDB.com made me cry. SO AMAZING!!

Plus if you look really closely at the carousel horse that PL Travers is riding in one of the last scenes, SHE IS RIDING JINGLES!!!!! :faint:

Is it December 20th yet?

(No, really. Most other places I go on the internet, people think I'm weird for loving Disney so much.)
You'll fit in real well here...

If I were Disney I would release this December 5th (Happy 112th Walt!). The first thing I thought of however is Hanks' voice. I've heard Walt's before (Who on this board has not) and I think it would be weird hearing Walt speak like Woody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter