First look at "Robobama" for Hall of Presidents!

challer

DIS Veteran
Check it out, people. He's coming in a couple of months.

Read the article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/22/us/politics/22obamatron.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=disney obama&st=cse

22obamatron_450.jpg

My family and I will be at Disney the first week in July. We are all very excited about seeing President Obama in the updated Hall of Presidents attraction. I had a chuckle When I read the article. My family and I were blessed to be invited to travel with President Obama on his Whistle Stop Train tour to the Inauguration. I had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time him and Mrs. Obama on the train. They are both amazing! And yes, President Obama does have quite the sense of humor. I just hope the attraction is up and running by the week of July 5th.

Here are a few pics from our big adventure in January.

Me and the Prez.
ObamaKevin3.jpg

DW joking around with the Obamas in the lunch car.
ObamaLunch9.jpg

It was Michelle Obama's 45th birthday so we had a little party. DS, DS, and DD jumped on the cake table.
DSC00125.jpg

Of course I had to take time to check out the Dis on the Whistle Stop Tour.
DSC00012.jpg

DW gave the intro speech at the Baltimore, MD stop and got to sit on stage with the Obamas and Bidens.
ObamaBaltimore3.jpg

DD had her 15 min of fame doing the "bump" with President Obama at the Inaugural Ball. (This pic actually made People magazine)
GYI00565473901.jpg

Wow - thanks for sharing those pictures...you must have really enjoyed spending time with them! They seem like such real people.

Thx a mint OP for the post, and DE2Disney for sharing your stories and pics - looked like a wonderful time (esp when checking the Dis! :rotfl2:) :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

OMG wait till Pete see's that the DIS was part of this historic event :cool1::cool1:

What a amazing opportunity for you and your family, I am sure it will be a family pride moment for centuries.

Can we ask how it is that you ended up on the train with the President and his entourage?

DE2Disney, Wow, that's an incredible story. Thank you for sharing. I'd love to hear more about it too. What a memory for your family.

Isn't the Dis amazing, you never know what you're going to get when you click on a thread! This one was a great surprise.

Wow!! What amazing pictures and a once in a lifetime experience!! I remember when your daughter was on national news because of her dance moves with the president. I would love to hear more!!

Isn't the Dis amazing, you never know what you're going to get when you click on a thread! This one was a great surprise.
Isn't THAT the truth?! What a great story! Love seeing the DIS on the laptop on the whistle stop tour! :thumbsup2
I clearly remember seeing your daughter doing the Bump LIVE with new President Obama on Inauguration night. What a moment!

As for the Hall of Presidents- I am anxiously awaiting seeing the results of the refurb and our new President. I have always enjoyed HoP (and not just for a quick nap;)). When I took my Boy Scouts to WDW in 2001 we did a YES Program in the MK on American History. One of the features of the class was a chance to sit ON the stage behind the curtain with the Presidents before the park opened! It was an awesome and surreal experience. I look forward to seeing Mr Obama on stage when we visit in December.

My family and I will be at Disney the first week in July. We are all very excited about seeing President Obama in the updated Hall of Presidents attraction. I had a chuckle When I read the article. My family and I were blessed to be invited to travel with President Obama on his Whistle Stop Train tour to the Inauguration. I had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time him and Mrs. Obama on the train. They are both amazing! And yes, President Obama does have quite the sense of humor. I just hope the attraction is up and running by the week of July 5th.

Thank you for sharing your photos and your stories. They are great! How lucky you were to be able to spend time with the Obama's.

Wow, how lucky were you guys that you were able to do the whistle stop tour, the speech intro, and the Inaugural Ball??

Of course, my favorite part that made me giggle was the pic of you checking the DIS! :rotfl2: Loved that. :thumbsup2

I'm looking forward to checking out Hall of Presidents again. :goodvibes

DE2Disney: Holy Hoo ! What amazing pictures ! What a surprise ! Thank you SO much for posting them...Very enjoyable. :goodvibes

Thank as well to the OP for the NYT link ! It's been sent to many a fellow Disney-obsessed brethren.

Does anyone know if the entire theater in THOP has been redone ? (New seats, etc) Seems like 6 months is an awfully long rehab. :confused3

What a great thread !!! :thumbsup2

DE2Disney great story and photos! It must have been amazing to sit and talk with the president and first lady!

Wow... Amazing. I am so jealous! I met him briefly two days after the 2004 Senate Election. He happened to be coming out of one of the Federal Buildings as I was coming out... Like a lot of people who are President or become President... he just radiates something. I have heard Reagan, Clinton, Kennedy and a few others described the same way.

Me and the Prez.
ObamaKevin3.jpg

ObamaLunch9.jpg

It was Michelle Obama's 45th birthday so we had a little party. DS, DS, and DD jumped on the cake table.
DSC00125.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DW gave the intro speech at the Baltimore, MD stop and got to sit on stage with the Obamas and Bidens.
ObamaBaltimore3.jpg

DD had her 15 min of fame doing the "bump" with President Obama at the Inaugural Ball. (This pic actually made People magazine)
GYI00565473901.jpg

Me and the Prez.
ObamaKevin3.jpg

ObamaLunch9.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

ObamaBaltimore3.jpg

GYI00565473901.jpg

Wow, these pictures are so amazing. It must have been so great to be a part of history! Yay I knew someone who was there now!!:cool1:

DE2Disney: What fantastic pictures! Count me in as another Diser who would love to hear your story about your association with the Obamas! :)

Hi All, Thanks for the wonderful responses! Our association with the Obamas actually stems from our relationship with Vice President Biden. DW founded a nonprofit called Witney's Lights (www.witneyslights.com) that focuses on Domestic Violence awareness, prevention and victims advocacy. The organization was founded in honor of my sister-in-law Witney Rose, who, sadly, was a victim of domestic violence homicide in 2003. Vice President Biden who is the author of the "Violence Against Women Act" and his Son Beau Biden who is the Attorney General for the State of Delaware are supporters of Witney's Lights. Because of our relationship with the Bidens DW was asked to deliver the Vice Presidential nomination speech at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. After that we had the opportunity to travel with then Senator Biden (from the great state of Delaware:)) on the campaign trail and speak on the effects that domestic violence has on the U.S. economy. Because of our work to end domestic violence and our involvement in the campaign our family was asked to be a special guest of President Obama on the Whistle Stop Train Tour as well as all of the Inaugural activities. We actually received the invitation phone call from President Obama's office as we were walking out of the "O Canada" attraction at Epcot. DW started jumping up and down and screaming, I think the people sitting in front of Le Cellier thought she was nuts. Just to add another ironic twist, after we calmed down we went to the American Adventure attraction and low and behold we were chosen to be the "First Family"!! Our Inauguration Adventure was something that will be a source of family pride for generations to come. Here are a couple more pics.

DW delivers VP Nomination Speech
DSCF8615.jpg

On the campaign Trail with VP Biden
DSCcrop.jpg

DS didn't do the "Bump" but shared a great dance with Michelle Obama
DSC00456-1.jpg

We even had the opportunity to do Larry King Live during the Inauguration
DSC00190.jpg

Can you believe we even had a chance to attend the Biden's house warming party at their new VP Mansion (Very Cool!!)
DSC00480.jpg

DE2Disney: just wanted to pop in and say WOW. your so lucky!
i would have died if i met the president or Larry King:lovestruc

i was actually in Aberdeen when the train came by. that was something i will never forget! he didnt come out and greet us but just seeing him and knowing wow i cant believe i saw history go by was spine chilling:cloud9:

Wow... No kidding! That was your wife... how cool. I watched that speech when i was watching the convention coverage (I'm a political and Disney junky)... She did a fantastic job! That whole convention was one of the best i have ever seen.

Hi All, Thanks for the wonderful responses! Our association with the Obamas actually stems from our relationship with Vice President Biden. DW founded a nonprofit called Witney's Lights (www.witneyslights.com) that focuses on Domestic Violence awareness, prevention and victims advocacy. The organization was founded in honor of my sister-in-law Witney Rose, who, sadly, was a victim of domestic violence homicide in 2003. Vice President Biden who is the author of the "Violence Against Women Act" and his Son Beau Biden who is the Attorney General for the State of Delaware are supporters of Witney's Lights. Because of our relationship with the Bidens DW was asked to deliver the Vice Presidential nomination speech at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. After that we had the opportunity to travel with then Senator Biden (from the great state of Delaware:)) on the campaign trail and speak on the effects that domestic violence has on the U.S. economy. Because of our work to end domestic violence and our involvement in the campaign our family was asked to be a special guest of President Obama on the Whistle Stop Train Tour as well as all of the Inaugural activities. We actually received the invitation phone call from President Obama's office as we were walking out of the "O Canada" attraction at Epcot. DW started jumping up and down and screaming, I think the people sitting in front of Le Cellier thought she was nuts. Just to add another ironic twist, after we calmed down we went to the American Adventure attraction and low and behold we were chosen to be the "First Family"!! Our Inauguration Adventure was something that will be a source of family pride for generations to come. Here are a couple more pics.

DW delivers VP Nomination Speech
DSCF8615.jpg

On the campaign Trail with VP Biden
DSCcrop.jpg

DS didn't do the "Bump" but shared a great dance with Michelle Obama
DSC00456-1.jpg

We even had the opportunity to do Larry King Live during the Inauguration
DSC00190.jpg

Can you believe we even had a chance to attend the Biden's house warming party at their new VP Mansion (Very Cool!!)
DSC00480.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter