First Limited Edition Magic Bands---Star Wars (with audio greeting)

My guess is Maleficent ones and the other Villains in time for Villain's Unleashed and MNSSHP...I personally would L-O-V-E Alice in Wonderland ones, like the Queen's saying "Off With Her Head!" lol

Thanks! I'm leaving work in a little bit and heading right there. Still can't decide which one I want to get! I'd like them both, but thought you had to link it at time of purchase to an AP or Ticket.

You do link them at the time of purchase, but you can link unlimited bands to one ticket, so both will work for you.

Just picked up mine (both a Yoda and Darth Vadar). They are going fast! If you are a local, I recommend heading to the park today to get them... the weather is bad so the park isn't that crowded.

My guess is they will be all gone by Saturday evening.

I sure hope so .... I'm about >< close to leaving PC right now so I can be there first thing tomorrow morning to get them. It sucks that you can't link them to another person if you have the QR code or pass number or MDX info for them. I understand linking them immediately to a person so they can't go on eBay (which of course they will ... they just won't be able to be actually used for anything other than a "hey, check out what I have!!" item by the people that buy them), but come on, if you can buy 2 of each design per day, why not be able to link them to someone else's account that you have access to?

I sure hope so .... I'm about >< close to leaving PC right now so I can be there first thing tomorrow morning to get them. It sucks that you can't link them to another person if you have the QR code or pass number or MDX info for them. I understand linking them immediately to a person so they can't go on eBay (which of course they will ... they just won't be able to be actually used for anything other than a "hey, check out what I have!!" item by the people that buy them), but come on, if you can buy 2 of each design per day, why not be able to link them to someone else's account that you have access to?

If you bring the other people's bands you can link them without them being there.

If you bring the other people's bands you can link them without them being there.

Right but since I was in Panama City (with my band) there wasn't any way for Richard to link bands to my account, even though we have our MDX accounts linked and I send him a picture of the back of my pass with the QR code. I had to actually drive down there and buy the bands myself. But I've left my card pass down there with him so in the future he can link them for me. :)

Now need to think good thoughts about a Stitch one being released. :goodvibes

Right but since I was in Panama City (with my band) there wasn't any way for Richard to link bands to my account, even though we have our MDX accounts linked and I send him a picture of the back of my pass with the QR code. I had to actually drive down there and buy the bands myself. But I've left my card pass down there with him so in the future he can link them for me. :)

Now need to think good thoughts about a Stitch one being released. :goodvibes

There will be leftovers so hopefully he can snag on for you later on.

There will be leftovers so hopefully he can snag on for you later on.

As stated, I drove down there and bought them myself. And I left my card with him so he can buy ones for me later when they release new ones.

Unfortunately I couldn't hear what Yoda said when I used my FP at Star Tours, the Jedi Academy thing was going on, and it doesn't make noises when you touch it other places (like at the main turnstiles), so I'll have to wait until I go back again to hear it. We could hear Vader's breathing on Richard's though.

I just got back from the final night of SWW 2014. The park closed 45 minutes ago. Here's the Magic Band situation:

Darth Vader was completely out at Darth's Mall but they had a good amount of Yodas left.... a good 100 or so. They said that they have spread out the bands to be sold at three other shops; Mickey's of Hollywood, The Dark Room, and I think the Villains store.

We went to Mickey's of Hollywood and got the LAST 4 Darth Vader bands. They had maybe 15 Yodas left at this store. I am unsure if the other two shops have them, but I can pretty much promise you that Darth Vader will be sold out by tomorrow night.

So all in all, there are some Yoda left (probably less than 300 total) and no Darth Vader left. If you want a LE 2500 Magic Band of Star Wars 2014, you better go to the park early this week and get them.

Ethan

Does anyone know if the audio/light effects from the SWW magicbands are for a limited time only? We heard this from a friend, who heard it from a cast member. I'm hoping they were misinformed. They said it's only for 3-4 more weeks. When we orginally bought the vader they said it's only effective in Hollywood... For now. Then again, that cm may have been wrong too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter