First haircut at MK? Experiences?

The_Princess's_Mommy

Mouseketeer
Anyone do their little one's first haircut at the MK? I understand they get a special certificate and mickey ears. We're hoping we can do our DD's (18mo) first haircut when we're there in June.

Problem is...DD can hardly sit still! I'm nervous that she will end up with a zig zag cut because she can't sit nicely.

Any experience here?

Thanks!!

We did this a couple years ago. My dd was already 2 at the time...I purposely waited to cut her hair just to be able to do this :rolleyes:
I also had my other dd hair cut too.
They did a great job! They gave her bubbles to blow and keep her entertained and then maybe some little toys too.
When the cut was finished they gave her little mickey ears that said first haircut and put confetti in her hair. We also received the certificate and they wrapped up some locks of her hair for us too.
We loved it!

we took the youngest when he was 19mths old and it was his first haircut. He's pretty afraid of strangers so we were ready to bail if he was going to freak out but they are really amazing there. The lady gave him different things to play with throughout the haircut and was really aware when he was starting to get upset and antsy, she'd whip another neat toy or blow bubbles or give him a bunch of stickers. I was really impressed. And she was really quick with cutting his hair too and saved it all for us.

How did I miss this thread? I just posted the same question! My DS will be 18 months when we are in Disney next month and is almost ready for his first haircut, I thought it would be fun to do it in the park!

I forgot about the stickers. They ended up giving her like 30 to play with...they were all over her

We leave tomorrow for the world and are planning on getting DD (23 months) hair and I do mean "hair" cut :lmao: Her hairs curly so although it's long, when it dries it doesn't look it and her hairs at that stage where her "bangs" are about cheek level but we'd like her hair to be longer so we're trying to let it grow out. But we SO wanted DD's first haircut to be at Disney so we're taking her and requesting they either cut one little piece from somewhere or give her the most miniscule trim known to mankind:thumbsup2

My one year old doesn't have much hair to spare but we still gave him his first haircut last week at the MK. He had the beginning of a mullet so he just got the tiniest of trims. The lady working there was so good with him and they really know how to keep the kids distracted. She covered him with stickers and that kept him busy the whole time. He got a certificate and a set of Mickey ears too, and she packaged his hair with Mickey confetti!

Great advice everyone! Sounds like they are pretty good with the distractions.

Let's hope everything goes well...otherwise you might see a toddler running around the park with half of her hair chopped off! :rotfl:

DS loves to get his hair cut at the Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street. They are really experts at dealing with kids an cutting their hair. DS had his first haircut there when he was 11 months old (it's in my signature pix below with Michal) and has had 2 haircuts there since.

They hand the kids spinner toys and cover them with stickers to keep them occupied. The last 2 times DS has been in the chair when the Dapper Dans came in to sing so that kept his attention as well.

Can someone please share the cost of a haircut at MK? I was considering it for my 2 sons. They have had many haircuts - they are 6 and 3, but I thought it would be fun for them.

I may get my 3 yr old her first haircut there! How fun! The only haircut she ever had was given to her by her bubby, who a day before her 1st bday decided to cut OFF her PIGTAILS!:scared1: AHHH! LOL:lmao:

It was an interesting sight! LOL:headache:

If we do it, I will come back and post pics!:grouphug:

Thanks, Danapirate:

I did my DS at about one, and he screamed the whole time....tears and all...the guy did a GREAT job, just kept it simple..knowing that it was more symbolic for us than a "real" hair cut....My DD we did at about the same age, and she just sat there for the whole thing!

I had planned to have my son's hair cut but I chickened out. He has such fine baby ringlets in back. I couldn't do it!!! But Sept. will be too late, so maybe we need to plan another trip in between. :rotfl2:

We did this and didnt have the greatest experience. After reading your posts though I realize that it was just the CM. Our son was 2 at the time and she did nothing to distract him. Just sat him there like a grown up and cut. He did sit nice (for a 2 year old) but it wasnt that magical. to make matters worse the cut was bad and it took almost a year to even it out.

That being said we are of course taking our DD for her cut there too! We are a sucker for Disney Magic! Though now that we know she could end up with an unflattering cut we will just do a little trim. ;)

Sounds like most of you had a great experience! I'm assuming they are pretty flexible about your cutting requests? I think we only want our DD's bangs to be cut, not the back. Are they ok with that?

Thanks for sharing all of your experiences!!

Our DD got her 1st haircut there last year when she was just over 2. I was worried about it also but like others have said they do a great job w/ distractions. My DD did great and ended up loving it! The ears are adorable and then we had them do an up do for CRT ressies we had. They did a great job making her look as good as her favorite princess! Considering that you get all of this plus the amazing memories for like $15 I think it's one of the best deals at Disney! :woohoo:
They will cut it however you want them to. I asked for bangs only as well and they did trim up the back just to even it out and "clean it up" but they really didn't take off the length.

p.s. I have pics. of the haircut but I don't know how to get them in my post. If anyone knows....help me! Thanks!

I had DD's first haircut done there last year. Just before it was our turn she started crying like a banshee. Micheal said he would try anyway.

232323232%7Ffp89%3A%3Enu%3D3238%3E2%3A%3B%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D32396%3A%3B8385%3A9nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp8%3A8%3Enu%3D3238%3E2%3A%3B%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D32396%3A%3B84%3B7%3B9nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp8%3A6%3Enu%3D3238%3E2%3A%3B%3E479%3EWSNRCG%3D32396%3A%3B847%3C%3B3nu0mrj

The end result was cute. She got a certificate and her special ears for her collection.

Great pics above!!! The same Barber gave our DS his first haircut last December and did a brillant job:)

I love that they do this for the littlest Disney fan:) it was one of the highlights of our last trip and the pictures are priceless. I would recommend this to any parent of young children...first haircut especially!

It was a great value as well. $14 fir the cut which included ears, stickers (all over DS!) and a lock if baby hair, plus a certificate. Oh, and a tip:)

Well worth the wait, but get there at rope drop and head there ASAP. It is small and gets crowded quickly:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter