First haircut at barbershop in MK :)

My DD got her first haircut there on her 2nd bday. One note - we had an appointment and she sat down just at the end of the parade. She was seated by the window and of course turned her head to see Mickey.. Well her bangs ended up a little crooked because of it. But it's just hair and it was a fun experience, so we laughed about it! Might not want to bring little ones there during parade times...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We were there in October for a 5 year wedding reunion for my daughter. Along with us was our 1 1/2 year old grandson. It wasn't our plan for him to get his first haircut while we were there, but that's the way it worked out. And it was great! Worth every penny. One bit of advice - We were not able to make a reservation in advance. Everything was booked already for the times we were there. A couple of CMs suggested we be there when the barbershop opened (I can't remember what time that was). We weren't able to do that, but we stopped by in the afternoon. They were busy, but one of the workers suggested we come back as soon as the afternoon parade was over. So we did just that and had about a 15 minute wait. So don't give up if you don't have a reservation. Hope you have a great time!

It was more fun for myself and my wife than it was my 1-year-old at the time. The cut itself only took 10 minutes, so I decided to hop in the chair after for a trim as well!

The "first haircut" mouse-ears that my daughter received are still worn by her around the house occasionally.

hipporina, my baby has the same birthday as yours...just one year later!

we are thinking of doing this on our trip next month. baby will be turning 1 during the trip and it will mostly be for sentimental purposes as...he doesn't really have much hair to have cut....as you can see:

1525168_920230977927_881496815_n.jpg

he's got a few mullety bits in back and some strays over his ears i'll have cut but then he likely wont get another haircut until he's old enough to request one (i personally think little boys looks really adorable with shaggy hair so he'll have that until he starts voicing an opinion haha)

Thank you all so much for the tips and pictures!!! I got 2pm reservations and I know this is crazy, but since our girls are identical, I think we will get them *gasp* different cuts. Is this possible? Do they even have different styles that young?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter