First Fort Wilderness Trip Booked

camper jenk

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone- I found this forum years ago when I was planning my first Disney Trip. I hadn't even realized that Disney had a campground. My husband and I are big campers so definitely camping at Fort Wilderness was added to my bucket list. It's hard for my husband to get out of work for 2 weeks at a time and we knew if we were going to be driving from Wisconsin we wanted to take our time driving and camping at Disney. I didn't think we would ever figure out a time that would work for us. But we finally ready to do it!! We have booked for October 2016!! I am so excited!! Love me some Mickey and Camping!!

Congratulations!!! I had no idea either till a friend clued me in. Before that it was one trip every few years because the hotel costs alone where just up there. This year we are making 2 trips!!! The first is just the adults (3 families/campers total) for 2 weeks. We have a blast every year and its become an annual thing. Then again my GF and I are taking her kids (11 and 13) on our own trip because its just not compatible with the adult trip. I am so looking forward to that.

:welcome:

Our last trip was this past October and it was great.

Don't forget the Halloween decorations!

Welcome to the camping board and to camping at FW. There are some people here now if you have any specific questions you need answered.

:welcome:

I am sure will find that Fort Wilderness is one of the best (if not the best) campgrounds you have ever visited. I am sure you will have an awesome time.

Everyone is here to help so if you have questions/concerns, I am sure SOMEONE can help you.

Camper Jenk, welcome to Fort Wilderness. You will love it down here. As fellow "sconnies" we also make the trek from the sw part of Wisconsin. We discovered this awesome "camping spot" about 8 years ago, but Disney 43 years ago, on our honeymoon! You will fall in love with this place. Have a great trip. We travel through Illinois, hop on 24, through Kentucky, Tennessee, then 75 through Atlanta to the turnpike.

Welcome, and camping is the way to go, especially at Disney.

Be sure to stop by the Truck and towing thread to show us a picture of your rig and tow vehicle. :yay:

Welcome. You will love Fort Wilderness. My wife & I are retired and have FL resident annual passes. We come over from Tampa at least once a month. We are currently camping in Loop 700 right now. As previously stated, don't forget the Halloween decorations. Halloween is a big time at Fort Wilderness. And bring bathing suits - it is still warm enough here at that time of year to go to the pool.

Welcome to Camping at the Fort. As with many here...we started at Disney by staying at the resorts and have loved each and every trip and have created great memories with our family......... and then the Fort happened. The Fort can almost be viewed as a park all it's own with all the things you can do or for some just the opportunity to chill and relax. Make sure you take time to enjoy all that the Fort had to offer.

Thanks for the warm welcome!! Definitely planning on taking some down time from the parks so we can enjoy the campground!! I'm hoping that we will be good about taking this trip at a more relaxed pace and taking some time to relax and enjoy the campground!!

Welcome to the best forum.....nice people, helpful and they all LOVE THE FORT !!!! We were DVC members for a number of years until we visited the FORT on one trip down. That did it.....we sold our DVC interest, bought a MH and have visited at least once a year ever since. Next trip scheduled for June. We are from North Central Ohio so we have a similar trip. We consider that part of the adventure. Every time we leave the FORT we start planning the next trip.
Have questions..........just ask..........there is always someone here who can answer.

Congrats!! Hope you enjoy! As others have said, nothing quite like the Fort on Disney property.

Welcome and you will LOVE camping in the THE FORT. I discovered it in 1987 when my ex's cousin raved about her cabin stay the year before. It became our Disney Destination from then on. Jump forward a few years to 2011 and my present wife and I were going to make her first trip. I originally booked Wilderness lodge but things happened that made staying there a problem we wanted to avoid so a quick phone call and we went to Ft W instead. At the cabin she declared it was perfect. Jump to 2013 when we returned for a split stay AKL and THE FORT and after doing just 1 of the things on our itinerary the necessitated our staying at AKL she wanted to leave for THE FORT.
It may just be our opinion but CM's are friendlier and fellow guests as well. We have stopped to ask fellow campers if they are lost or confused about something and have had that kindness returned countless times over. Again welcome/

It may just be our opinion but CM's are friendlier and fellow guests as well. We have stopped to ask fellow campers if they are lost or confused about something and have had that kindness returned countless times over. Again welcome/

Yes they are! And we always try to help others as well. Seen many of family that had no idea how to navigate FW when they booked Mickys Backyard BBQ and or HDR. Given many a ride on the cart to the Marina area to help them out. The worse was a single mom trying to get 3 kids down there and she was about in tears and not even to Meadow Run yet. It makes the trip better when you can do little things for others :)

Yes they are! And we always try to help others as well. Seen many of family that had no idea how to navigate FW when they booked Mickys Backyard BBQ and or HDR. Given many a ride on the cart to the Marina area to help them out. The worse was a single mom trying to get 3 kids down there and she was about in tears and not even to Meadow Run yet. It makes the trip better when you can do little things for others :)

For us that a huge attraction to THE FORT. We did stay at AKL for a wee a few years back and by the end of the first day my wife wanted to leave and go to THE FORT Now we have the coach so Ft W is it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter