• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Fort Trip, Had a Great time, Thanks all. New pics posted 3/23

Looking forward to seeing (later) pics of your trailer NOT in the snow! Send us some warm up here once you get there!

So today I decided to take advantage of the warm temperatures, it is 28 degrees. I got the truck fueled and hooked up, so we are ready to leave. Gonna be cold the next two days, so I figured while it was warm get it ready, Saturday morning at 3am will be here soon.

DSCN2748 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2751 (800x600).jpg

DSCN2752 (800x600).jpg
Final preparations will be underway the next two days including picking up our Nephew.

You don't have that much snow. We probably have as much as you with a few more inches expected tonight. Have a safe trip! Drive careful.

I was just fixing to ask: "sandbags?"

Looking forward to your TR. Keep safe on the way down.

I was just fixing to ask: "sandbags?"
Ha ha. You Southerners...

I use to do that in my 2WD F250 trucks. This 4WD dually I have now weighs 9000 lbs. I don't think another 300 lbs of sand bags make much difference. We got about an inch and a half of snow over night. Just enough to cover the streets. I didn't even bother putting it in 4WD this morning going to work and never needed it.

Chris,

It's getting close now. 36 more hours and you're on your way! This is the point I start getting really excited.

Have a great trip down and I can't wait for the TR.

j

Ha ha. You Southerners...

I use to do that in my 2WD F250 trucks. This 4WD dually I have now weighs 9000 lbs. I don't think another 300 lbs of sand bags make much difference. We got about an inch and a half of snow over night. Just enough to cover the streets. I didn't even bother putting it in 4WD this morning going to work and never needed it.

Chris,

It's getting close now. 36 more hours and you're on your way! This is the point I start getting really excited.

Have a great trip down and I can't wait for the TR.

j

We got a few flurries this morning was all. This is when I get excited. Today is my day to rest and relax. Tomorrow the wife heads to pick up the nephew and I will load the last minute items in the truck. Thank you all for the safe travel wishes. We will be careful traveling down and back.

Travel safe! In Georgia We have an inch or two and the state is shut down! ( the north half anyway) I may have to get one of those sandbag things

Travel safe! In Georgia We have an inch or two and the state is shut down! ( the north half anyway) I may have to get one of those sandbag things

Thankfully we have until Sunday to hit Georgia, so hopefully the State is re-opened by then. Looks like we will make it down ok in between storms.

Forecast for next week is due to hit 86 and be sunny. Hope you can handle that.

I finished all my popcorn and want to get a seat in the front row because...

Arrive alive.

Bama Ed

Forecast for next week is due to hit 86 and be sunny. Hope you can handle that.

I finished all my popcorn and want to get a seat in the front row because...

Arrive alive.

Bama Ed

Let's see, that would make the temperature swing around 90 degrees. Good thing I packed the Camelbak, gonna need to hydrate. I think I will be ok, may be a little warm, but can always turn on the AC in the trailer. Gonna be tough to leave and come home to the cold on the back end.
Packed all the perishables and just a couple containers going in the truck bed left to pack.

:woohoo: I'm excited for you guys, save travels and fun times ahead.

Holy Cow! In less than 24 hours you will be on your way!!!!! :dogdance:

Have a great trip! -1 degree here this morning. Another "big" winter storm coming in Saturday night. Should hit your place in PA on Sunday/Monday, but you won't be there!

74 at the Fort tomorrow and 80's the rest of the week. I'll be cozy'ing up to your pictures hoping some of the heat transfers with them.

j

Holy Cow! In less than 24 hours you will be on your way!!!!! :dogdance:

Have a great trip! -1 degree here this morning. Another "big" winter storm coming in Saturday night. Should hit your place in PA on Sunday/Monday, but you won't be there!

74 at the Fort tomorrow and 80's the rest of the week. I'll be cozy'ing up to your pictures hoping some of the heat transfers with them.

j

Yes, it looks like you´ll be driving into a mess. Are you still coming down I 81 & I 77? I live 1/2 hour from that junction. I've heard possible sleet for Sat night and Sunday but a high of 47 on Sunday, so hopefully not too bad on Fancy Gap Mtn. Travel safely and wave as you go by!

The Spice rack looks great. Gonna have to try and make one of those for my future trips.
Weather looks wet for you in SC Sunday morning but much warmer than you've been dealing with. Safe travels. I'm at 9 days and counting (arriving on March 8th). Look forward to the TR report.

Yes, it looks like you´ll be driving into a mess. Are you still coming down I 81 & I 77? I live 1/2 hour from that junction. I've heard possible sleet for Sat night and Sunday but a high of 47 on Sunday, so hopefully not too bad on Fancy Gap Mtn. Travel safely and wave as you go by!

Tina Tina, Thank you for the information, yes we are still coming down by way of 81/77. I am leaving PA at 3am so hopefully it holds off until we are safely in the campground in Walterboro. Hope to be in there by dark. Will wave as we come thru.

The Spice rack looks great. Gonna have to try and make one of those for my future trips.
Weather looks wet for you in SC Sunday morning but much warmer than you've been dealing with. Safe travels. I'm at 9 days and counting (arriving on March 8th). Look forward to the TR report.
Thank you, your closing in on your trip. Yippee. We will be pulling out early the 8th and headed home. As long as it is warm I can deal with the rain.

Keep an eye on conditions for 77. Worse case if they are deteriating you can scoot down I64 to Richmond and pick up I95. Not the most optimal path, but a good alternate then getting stuck in the mountains on I77 due to weather.

Otherwise, roads down this way are clear and drying so even with the storm that came through the south here it looks like you should have some smooth sailing.

Enjoy the trip, I wish I was heading back before 2016.

Chris, looks like it will be around 40 for the low in Walterboro. Shouldn't be too bad considering the temps you've been enduring. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter