First few hours on cruise.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by FlowerMouse, Feb 21, 2013.

1. spetravick

spetravick Earning My Ears

Thanks Melissa! I was wondering how that worked!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

The passageways by the rooms are roped off from the elevators/stairways. When the rooms are ready on that floor, they take down the ropes and you are free to go in. They will still be bringing luggage to the rooms so the halls are lined with bags, but your key will get you in your room and if you are lucky your bags may be there.

Nancy

4. Michael701x1

Michael701x1 Earning My Ears

I don't believe there are restrictions the first few hours during orientation. This is how they lure folks to book packages :)

5. CrystalSpice

CrystalSpice Earning My Ears

This is a great thread! Bumping it up. Great info for us first-time cruisers. Thank you, everyone!

6. Coyotesweat

Coyotesweat Mouseketeer

Smiling at this thread. We are considering a nice cruise on the Wonder for our next-year vacation, since we had such a good time at WDW in early Feb. We are two childless adults, age 50 and 59 but gettin older all the time. We may be spending some of our time in the adult only areas, mostly because we get tired of extreme crowds, but a few glowing cocktails will be budgeted.

That said, we are well aware that this is a Disney cruise, and we may encounter wild or feral children at any time, any time we are not in our little inside value stateroom. I would not recommend a Disney cruise for anyone who has a severe allergy to minors.

Unaccompanied children in a bar late at night could be a problem...but I can't imagine someone complaining about them briefly touring the spa with their parents. They will grow up some day and may want to use the spa. I personally would enjoy being able to check out the kid-only spaces on some sort of tour, because I might bring my great nephews some day. I totally understand why they don't let random non-related adults in the kid-only area unsupervised!

During my WDW trip I did observe some tired and cranky children, but really they did not ever intrude on my trip, and the vast majority of both parents and their children seemed to be having a lovely time. I would expect the same from a cruise.

Katie

7. noahdove

noahdove DIS Veteran

We will be cruising April 2014 and this thread is helping to refresh my memory, or even giving me insight that either I missed 2 years ago or I didn't even think of...keep them coming:)