First Family Trip Day Days1-3

momofdbsdc

momofdbsdca
This was our first family trip !

Mom (Kim) 34
Dad (Eric) 33
Dakota Celebrating 9th birthday this trip!
Brandon 6
Savannah 4
Dalton 3
Cameron 1

We left on the evening of Sept. 11. We are driving from Buffalo,NY. We drove straight through, and it only took about 22 hours. That was with bathroom stops and doing the speed limit! Not bad! The only child that wasn't crazy about the car trip was the 1 year old. The vcr and gifts helped with the rest of the kids.

We arrived at the HIFS on Sept.12 at about 5:30. We were all exhausted after our long journey! So we get everything in our room and settle down for the evening!

On Sept. 13 we scheduled a pool day to recoup and get our bearings straight. We head down to breakfast at 8. The breakfast buffet was good! The kids loved it! They also love the swans in the small lake beside the hotel. We of course had to go the the game room right after breakfast to check it out. We tell them that they can play games later after we go swimming.

The pool at HIFS was a blast. All of the kids had a great time! ( Of course mom realized half way to Florida that I left our toiletries bag hanging on the bedroom door at home!!! AH!:eek: ) So we went to the store next to the pool to get swim diapers and sunscreen. The kids spent the entire day in the pool!

That night we went to the Seafood buffet at the hotel. My husband got the seafood buffet and I got a salad. The kids all ate from the buffet free.

We then proceeded to the game room. After the game room the kids got their faces painted, attended the magic show, bingo and kareoke! My 6 yo and 4 yo make total hams out of themselves singing. It was so funny! They sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Who let the Dogs Out (chorus only!) Daddy also sings! He had a little fan club going, since he can actually sing, not like me who makes the dogs cry!:jester:

Time for bed after our fun day at the hotel! Tomorrow is Animal Kingdom!!!

Kim

I think that someone said it is 26 hours from maine to Orlando.....and I am not that brave...thanks so much for your great first day......

What a drive!

Sounds like a good start!

Too funny about the kareoke!

Thanks for the report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter