Boat to Magic Kingdom 5:30 PM - 6 PM
Magic Kingdom 6 PM - CLOSING!

Day 5
Boat to Contemporary 8 AM - 8:30 AM
Chef Mickey's 9 AM - 10 AM
Boat back to Resort 10 AM - 10:30 AM
Magical Express 10:30 AM - 11 AM
Flight back home 1 PM

Looks great, but myself personally, that second day, instead of Downtown Disney (which is under a huge amount of construction), I would spend the morning at Animal Kingdom. Then you could go to Downtown Disney for a bit in the afternoon and spend the evening at Hollywood Studios. Take in the 9:00 show of Fantasmic! So you don't have too late of a night.
So, I'd say 9-12 or 1 at AK. Head to DD, get lunch there. Head into HS around 5 or 6. If you wanted to see the Indiana Jones show the last one is 5:15.

I don't think there is enough to do at Downtown Disney for a whole day, but maybe that's just me. I guess you could do shopping, movie and DisneyQuest. I would go to a park on that day if you can. Your other days look great, but you might need a little rest in the middle of your Epcot day.

I don't see much planned for meals. And I think you're grossly underestimating time for boating across to MK and Contemp. There may not always be a boat at the dock ready for you and if there is, it may not be leaving immediately.

I'm not sure what your plans are for DTD, but we never need a whole day there. We usually do pool then DTD.
I suppose, it depends if you are doing Disney Quest, bowling, and/or Cirque du Soleil - and what type of meals you are planning.

Also, not that it may matter to you, but the Magical Express bus from the airport could take and hour and a half, depending on how long the wait is to get on the bus, how many people are on the bus, and how many stops it makes. It is NEVER just a half hour trip.
When we plan for the bus (for instance, we have dinner reservations the night we get in so it's important to include in travel arrangements from the airport) we usually allow a 2 hour window from landing. This includes bathroom stops in the airport and just making our way through. MCO is a BIG airport and you have to take a tram from the boarding area to the main terminals, then walk to the end to get to the DME.

I think it looks like a fun quick trip! DME may take longer Day 2, but if you're just headed to DTD, timing isn't crucial. I also like DTD, but wouldn't need a whole day there. If tickets aren't prohibitive, I'd do a short park day as well, otherwise maybe get my fill of DTD and look on the MDE app to see if there was a reservation available at any fun resort restaurant.

Day 5, I don't think you can do Chef Mickey on this time frame unless you take other transportation to the airport. Magic Express is an assigned time, not a "hop on hop off at your convenience" thing. You are assigned a time 3 hours before your scheduled flight and you need to allow time to grab any bags out of Bell Services, if you've left your carry on with them.

I agree with the others. I've never needed a whole day at DTD either. If you're doing DQ, La Nouba, bowling and exploring all the shops, maybe. But I would keep the option open to taking a bus to HS for Fantasmic. Otherwise, great itnieratry! Have a magical trip!

P.s. A general rule of thumb is o allow a good hour for internal Disney busses between any two points. This allows wait time in case you just missed a bus + actual travel time. Tack on a bit more if you're heading to any reservation & need to allow walking time from the bus through the park to your reservation.

You need to plan more for all transportation. MAG Exp could take over an hour. I def would not waste an entire day at DTD, You should go to a park. (and book fp+ in advance of course). Check in and Check out can be done on your phone. You don't need to do it at the hotel. You will simply get a text message when your room is ready and your magic band will work on the door. Buses to parks take longer than you're factoring in. YOu might wait for a bus for 20 minutes then have to take it to where you're going. Also, plan to get to the park 1/2 hour before it opens. We stayed at All Star and would leave hotel room at 7:45 to get to a 9:00am opening with plenty of time. Magic Express will be an assigned time from your hotel to airport 3 hours before your flight time so plan to get on that bus at 10am.

just mho, but I'd say check in first. they may not have your room ready yet, but then at least then can call or text you when your room is ready. you may also be able to make room requests early in the day :)
I agree with the rest of the posters- make sure you've included food breaks, as well as extra travel time (things happen sometimes, esp ifyou have little ones).
have a magical trip!

I would absolutely go to one of the parks on the first day instead of DTD, especially on such a short trip. I also don't understand the split stay on a 3-night visit.

And like others have said, you have underestimated the amount of time it takes to travel by bus. Buses to/from DTD are notoriously slow. On park mornings, our rule of thumb is to be outside waiting for the bus 1 hour before park opening. You're also cutting it too close for ME with Chef Mickey's on the last day, Chef Mickey's is always busy and you likely won't be seated right away.

As others said, I don't get the split stay on such a short trip. I definitely wouldn't do dtd, there just isn't that much there unless you re spending a ton on other activities... In which case why not get another day at the park it'd be cheaper. And the transit is improbable on your last day, way too tight imo. Can you get the magical express from the contemporary instead? Not sure how it works

We only have two day tickets, and we are doing all star movies the first night so we can do the next two nights at a deluxe. If not we could do a moderate but they just don't appeal to me. I also thought maybe the Day 2 I could do Epcot all day till closing and then just check in to All star movies after Epcot. Day 3 All day and Wilderness Lodge and Dinner at Chef Mickey's. Day 4 Magic Kingdom Open to Close. Day 5 No plans besides magical express at 10 AM

Are you flying through the night? I agree with the others that you should check into the resorts in the a.m. On day 2, which is your first day, I would go to a park or relax a bit by the pool (have your bathing suit in carry on) if you are tired, and then go to a park (AK or HS) at a leisurely pace (maybe have FP+ scheduled). Go to bed early so you can have an early start the following day.
On day 3, I would also take Uber or cab to check into WL (you can't go on buses with luggage), check in and then go to Epcot. Or, not switch resorts.
MK day sounds fine.
I think your trip sounds exhausting, with too much transportation, the way it is.

Mickey mom im thinking of moving epcot to day 2 all day and no break and then check into all star movies
And the next day a rest day at wilderness lodge only going to chef Mickey's
Day 4 Magic Kingdom ( Maybe a Break And then go back for Wishes )
Day 5 Magical express , does this sound doable without a lot of transport

Yes, I think that sounds like a better plan.
How do you know you wouldn't like a moderate? 1/3 of your current trip is staying at a value. POFQ and CB are the two I've stayed at and loved them! I would personally stay in a moderate for 3 nights. You will hardly be in the room with the plan you have.

But the transportation of The Moderates, I personally love The look of Carribean beach resort and port Orleans riverside, but I love the look of wilderness lodge the boat or MK, to Chef Mickey's, I want to try whispering canyon cafe, the wilderness lodge beach overlooking the contemporary, the rustic wooden rooms which remind me of my childhood visits to Missouri.

We only have two day tickets, and we are doing all star movies the first night so we can do the next two nights at a deluxe. If not we could do a moderate but they just don't appeal to me. I also thought maybe the Day 2 I could do Epcot all day till closing and then just check in to All star movies after Epcot. Day 3 All day and Wilderness Lodge and Dinner at Chef Mickey's. Day 4 Magic Kingdom Open to Close. Day 5 No plans besides magical express at 10 AM

Definitely like this plan better than your original!

I'm curious though - where are you staying your first night?

Day #2 - take DME at 8:30 am to All Stars and check in, THEN go to Epcot for the day.
Day #3 - book Uber in the am to take you to Wilderness Lodge in the morning to check-in, then you can relax by the pool & enjoy the resort, have dinner at Chef Mickey's, and then perhaps head to Downtown Disney for the evening.
Day #4 - Magic Kingdom for the day
Day #5 - enjoy leisurely morning at WL then DME to airport at 10. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter