First Disney Trip ADRs

Dfdisneymomma

Earning My Ears
This will be the first Disney trip four our little ones - we are going in December and it will be part Christmas pre-celebration and part birthday celebration for the youngest. They are 2 and 4. We figured getting to see the characters during a meal may be better than anything else so made lots of character reservations - now we need to drop a couple - suggestions?

1900 - Dinner
Akerhas - Breakfast
Crystal Palace - Lunch
Plaza - Lunch
CRT - Breakfast
Biergarten - lunch
1900 - Breakfast
Hollywood and Vine - breakfast
Obama - breakfast

We are also doing Melrose for the Fantastic VIP and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party.

Note was also have to consider the youngest is allergic to dairy and nuts.

Last edited:
This will be the first Disney trip four our little ones - we are going in December and it will be part Christmas pre-celebration and part birthday celebration for the youngest. They are 2 and 4. We figured getting to see the characters during a meal may be better than anything else so made lots of character reservations - now we need to drop a couple - suggestions?

1900 - Dinner
Akerhas - Breakfast
Crystal Palace - Lunch
Plaza - Lunch
CRT - Breakfast
Biergarten - lunch
1900 - Breakfast

We are also doing Melrose for the Fantastic VIP and Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party.

Not sure about what's best for allergies because our family doesn't have any experience with that. Although it has mixed reviews Chef Mickey's is the best place to see the Fab Five : Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, & Pluto. An alternative to that is 'Ohana breakfast which has Mickey, Pluto, Lilo, & Stitch. Our family prefers 'Ohana. I don't have any princesses at home but I would say you could probably drop either CRT or 1900 Park Fare dinner since they both feature Cinderella.

Last edited:

1900 - Dinner
Akerhas - Breakfast
Crystal Palace - Lunch
Plaza - Lunch
CRT - Breakfast
Biergarten - lunch
1900 - Breakfast
Obama - breakfast

You never said if you were on teh DDP so I am replying as if you ae.

I would ditch CRT. I love that meal, but your children can get their Princess fix at Akershus adn 1900 PF.

I would drop 1900 PF breakfast. You have Crystal Palace so if I was dropping one I woudl drop the Mad hatter and Alice. There is usually onr of Pooh's friends there but you can see many at CP.

Mama Melrose is a favorite of ours, and a great value on the DDP. It also give access to !Fantasmic, so even better!

I would keep H&V, the characters will be very familiar to the little ones.

I do not see a meal that features Mickey and friends, so I would consider Chef Mickey's, Tusker House, Cape May, or Garden Grill. Garden Grill is only dinner, but that might be nice while you are in Epcot, especially if you are staying for Illuminations. The break will be nice, and theood is brought to you. It is also the only Character meal that I know of that features Chip and Dale.

'Ohana is a nice breakfast as well. It features Lilo and Stitch, and has Mickey and Pluto. The food is brought to your table as well, but if you had to give one up in favor of a traditional Mickey and friends meal, this one would be my choice to give up. I like it a lot, but for little ones, the more familiar the better.

I wanted to address your allergy concerns. If you tel the CM when you make your ADR's you are good. You will also be asked at check in if there are allergies and again when your server comes to te table. The Chef will visit you and will go over the menu to ensure the food is safe for any given allergy. I would head over to the DISabilities Forum as well. Those folks who hang out there are incredibly knowledgable.

We prefer to do character meals at dinner after having our park time. My kids also tend to eat more then. I noticed that you didn't have many dinners planned, and wondered if you are on the DDP?

we are on the dinning plan. Planned for mostly breakfast because of picky eaters and food allergies.

Made a few changes - now we are doing

Akerhas - lunch
Hollywood and Vine - Breakfast
Plaza - Lunch
Teppan Edo - Dinner
Mama Melrose - Lunch
CRT - Breakfast

Made a few changes - now we are doing

Akerhas - lunch
Hollywood and Vine - Breakfast
Plaza - Lunch
Teppan Edo - Dinner
Mama Melrose - Lunch
CRT - Breakfast

Those look good. We have allergies in our family and have had wonderful service at Disney. The Plaza sid an amazing sundae for our nut/egg allergy folks. Ohana and Crystal Palace also did a great job. Truthfully Disney is the easiest place to eat out with our allergies. When my little was small, her favorites were Crystal Palace, H & V, and Akershus.

You might consider Tonys Town Square at the Magic Kingdom, great spaghetti and chicken and if you ask to sit in the sunroom it is magical for kids, the parade passes right by on Main Street.
Also Cosmic Ray's which is counter service at the Magic Kingdom - my kids love it there because Sonny Eclipse puts on a great show while having lunch or dinner and there are many food options.
And for goodness sake, I know it is not a restaurant but do not forget to get a Dole Whip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter