First Disney Date Night

MamaEnVee

Earning My Ears
DH and I are finally able to have a date night as we are bringing all of the grandparents (read: babysitters) to the world with us. We plan to hit DHS and Epcot for our afternoon/evening alone and would like to have a nice dinner. Nothing too fancy and DH can be a little picky and nervous with anything too exotic. I am a super adventurous eater and I would love a place with different and yummy adult beverages. I have booked and changed ADRs three times changing from Le Cellier (too dungeony and standard for us since we live 5 minutes from Canada), to La Hacienda de San Angel (pretty bad reviews) and are now booked at Teppan Edo which I am unsure about. Any suggestions??:confused3

How about San Angel Inn? Sit by the water and it's romantic :cloud9: It's also relatively affordable (for Disney) and we really enjoyed our specialty margaritas (I had avocado, fiance had jalepeno) and our dishes (I had pollo a las rajas, he had a roast pork dish). My only caveat would be that the desserts stunk. Save the calories for a Kir Royale or Grey Goose slushie!

Other options:
Bistro de Paris (expensive)
Flying Fish (never been but heard good reviews!)
Bluezoo/Shula's/Il Mulino (same as above)
Chefs de France (can be noisy)
'Ohana (some people hate the ukelele player but I thought it was really sweet :goodvibes: it's farther away though - you'd have to take the monorail to the TTC, then switch to the resort monorail, and then the opposite to get back to EP)

we walked to the Boardwalk and ate at Flying Fish (dh loves fish, me not so much!)

I really loved this place - it was quiet, and I felt romantic (a couple got engaged while we were there!) We were celebrating our 30th Anniversary, and they gave us a free glass of Champagne when we sat down - I noticed several other tables were also getting Champagne, I thought it a nice touch!

DH ordered fish, I had the pork tenderloin - delicious - we had the Wine Flight with them - I think it was a great value! and delicious!

You can get your adult beverages around the world, then walk over to the boardwalk for dinner! I loved going to England for the Welsh Dragon (and I didnt think I'd like it!) Then over to France for a Grey Goose Slushie!!

We were going to eat at the Bistro de Paris, but I checked the menu, price with wine was $95, and I really wasnt interested in their menu - I did like the menu at Chefs de France -

We have also enjoyed our meals at Yachtsman Steakhouse - you might want to check the menus and see if you'd enjoy it - I also felt that Yachtsman was quieter than some of the others (like California Grill at the Contempory or Ohana for instance)

You didn't say if you were on the dining plan or not.

If you are not, I would recommend Shulas at the Dolphin, a short walk from Epcot. Very very adult, great bar/drinks and a wonderful steakhouse, better than any of Disney's steaks.

If you are on the plan, I'd choose Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. Although it's not quiet (pp who said it is quiet must have hit a rare night there), it's a nice signature with a good variety on the menu. It's our favorite of the Disney Dining Plan restaurants and we have dined here often enough that I've pretty much tried everything on the menu.

The best lounge/bar IMO is bluezoo at the Dolphin. You can order from the menu while seated in the lounge or you can move to the restaurant for dinner after drinks which is what we usually do. This is another adult oreinted restaurant, my favorite at WDW except for V&A, but the menu is definitely for fish eaters. They have 3 non-fish entrees, all very good, but the fish is the draw. The lounge/bartenders are amazing and they have an extensive list of specialty martinis/cocktails.

Here's another vote for Flying Fish. The food and service are exceptional, and the staff goes out of its way to make the evening special. The complimentary champagne is a nice touch!

My first choice would be Le Bistro in Epcot WS. Hopefully, DDP hasn't affected it too much already. Of the cheaper WS restaurants, San Angel Inn has the potential to be the most romantic. You could also visit the tequila bar in Mexico before or after dinner.

In the Epcot resort area, I agree your best options would be at the S/D restaurants, if they're in your price range. If it has to be a DDP restaurant in that area, I also agree with Flying Fish, based on food alone. FF does have some good wine flights. As a caveat, we've been to FF many times. It has never been quiet. As a matter of fact, I consider it one of the loudest signature restaurant. Also, we've never received free champagne or anything else for free. We didn't expect anything, so it didn't affect our meal. I just didn't want you to choose to go there expecting a quiet atmosphere or free champagne. You may get lucky with free champagne. You'd have to be really lucky for it to be quiet. ;)

Based on the restaurants you're considering, a romantic atmosphere may not be what you're looking for. In case you haven't been to those on your list, I wouldn't consider them romantic. If you're looking for a different type of atmosphere (not necessarily romantic or quiet), letting us know what that is may help people make better suggestions for you. Enjoy your date night. :)

We actually like Le Cellier but our second favorite in Epcot is Tutto Italia. It is pretty romantic and the food is excellent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter